Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight's magic blast on Discord.

CastletonSnob

How much did Starlight's magic blast in A Matter of Principals affect Discord? I know Dubuc said in a Tweet that it didn't affect him, but Discord was only able to get his physical form back after Starlight zapped him with her magic, meaning it must have had some effect on him.

from Starlight's explanation I could think that it was a ban but one where your body can't trespass school grounds, kinda like an invisible forcefield but only affects you. So he could have got just pushed outside the school by the blast and couldn't enter. 

BUT, that looked a little bit more damaginng. So what I think really happened is that she disintegrated his body entirely... she killed him. But he's the spirit of chaoes he can't really be destroyed per se so that's why she wasn't that worried about it.

• Brohoof 1

Starlight straight up says in the episode that she was just banishing him from school grounds. :huh: By "didn't affect", Dubuc must mean that he was not bodily harmed despite the appearance as such. I don't see the cause for confusion here. :mustache:

On 10/14/2020 at 1:54 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

By "didn't affect", Dubuc must mean that he was not bodily harmed despite the appearance as such. I don't see the cause for confusion here. :mustache:

despite the appearance as such.

You don't see the confusion at all... Not at all?

On 10/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, TheVoidIsCalling said:

from Starlight's explanation I could think that it was a ban but one where your body can't trespass school grounds, kinda like an invisible forcefield but only affects you. So he could have got just pushed outside the school by the blast and couldn't enter. 

BUT, that looked a little bit more damaging. So what I think really happened is that she disintegrated his body entirely... she killed him. But he's the spirit of chaos he can't really be destroyed per se so that's why she wasn't that worried about it.

But it won't make him dead. He's practically immortal, since I've never seen him die before.

On 10/13/2020 at 8:55 PM, Chad327 said:

Discord is basically a god. One powerful blast of magic isn't going to straight up kill him.

Duh! He's the Spirit of Chaos!