Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Disney chatroom

TheCuteChangeling

Wasn’t a fan of Disney channel growing up. I was much more of a Cartoon Network and Nickelodian child. I do love quite a few Disney movies though, my favorite being The Lion King. It was also released the year I was born so I consider it sorta meant to be lol.

Modern Disney is hot garbage. A soulless corporation that hardly produces anything unique or of substance anymore. They play everything so painfully safe now and as such I refuse to watch anything new under that is under Disney's stranglehold. Up through the 90's however, Disney was a true king of the industry, even through some of the 2000's. Countless animated classics, which Disney now seems keen on abandoning that format whilst bastardizing all of their work with terrible remakes. 

Toy Story is probably my #1 favorite film with the Disney name. Mulan might be my favorite of the traditional animation, the garbage live action version has made me appreciate the original even more. While I hate modern Disney, I will always cherish their classics, especially now more than ever.

• Brohoof 3

58 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Modern Disney is hot garbage.

Except for Rapunzel and Judy Hopps from Zootopia and of course DuckTales 2017 and Gravity Falls. :mlp_proud:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I like the older Disney stuff, live or animated. But I always enjoy Tangled, Frozen (with some reservations) and some of their movies from the Pixar end of things. The theme parks are fun too, but again, their best stuff was from bygone days. I'd really enjoy taking a journey back in time and walking around Disneyland in the 1950s, that would be really cool.  

7 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Modern Disney is hot garbage. A soulless corporation that hardly produces anything unique or of substance anymore.

The good news is that they're working on remedying the soulless part!^_^

Screenshot_20201015-074219_Firefox-01.thumb.jpeg.bb1df5e8ebd4c1224e0511b7bb02f7cd.jpeg

Also I thought Toy Story was great too. I was in 1st grade when it came out, so I'm about the same age as Andy.

Now 3D stuff is starting to look more and more similar IMO. I definately like 2D animation more. It's kind of like comparing handwriting to printed text. Handwriting is more varied and unique.

Disney have had their ups and downs, but they can still bring the old magic every now and then when they stick to their core strengths.  In more recent years I really enjoyed both Frozen films, Moana, Zootropolis and going back a bit further to The Princess And The Frog and Tangled, and of course the older classics like Robin Hood and The Jungle Book.  Also, I'm a big fan of the Tinker Bell films, all six of which I think are good solid films with engaging characters, and which (in my humble opinion) are too often overlooked in favour of the big blockbusters.

I love Walt’s Disney the most but there are treasures from every era, right up to the present moment. Unfortunately there’s a lot of junk tossed in nowadays that you have to sift through, but that doesn’t mean the good doesn’t exist. If you know where to look it isn’t that hard to find. My favorite Disney things are the theme parks and the classic animated movies. My favorites are Beauty and the Beast, and Tangled, but the list goes on forever.   

• Brohoof 2

On 10/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

I love Walt’s Disney the most but there are treasures from every era, right up to the present moment. Unfortunately there’s a lot of junk tossed in nowadays that you have to sift through, but that doesn’t mean the good doesn’t exist. If you know where to look it isn’t that hard to find. My favorite Disney things are the theme parks and the classic animated movies. My favorites are Beauty and the Beast, and Tangled, but the list goes on forever.   

Same here, Dreamy. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍

Bambi is my favourite classic Disney movie.

I love classic Disney.

Edited by TheRockARooster

I happen to like some of the live action remakes. I never said they were better than the original animated films; just that there's always been variations of the same story throughout history with the original fairy so why can't Disney be allowed to make their own interpretations in a different way?  To me it's when they don't make any changes whatsoever that a film is wasted. 

in fact I did a special marathon of Beauty and the Beast (my favorite Disney fairy tale in any form) watching The Animated and the Live Action version and even the Broadway versions by the order of their songs and scenes one right after another. It was tricky given that the live action version was not in the exact same order the original animated version did, so I considered it a challenge jumping between the three mediums with the proper screen view

On 10/14/2020 at 7:32 PM, SpookyEmerald said:

Side note: Kenny Ortega is a god

Wasn't he the director of Hocus Pocus and the High School musical and Descendants films? Is that why you consider him a god?

On 10/16/2020 at 8:25 AM, TheCuteChangeling said:

I love all of disney especially Pixar but I have a question, if you had the power to become ANY disney/Pixar character who would you be first? And also if you are dressing up for Halloween who are you dressing up as XD

That's Changeling Will Guide special ability: shape shifting into any Disney character. The animated stuff is easy but technically he could become a pony or equestrian version of any thing that belonged to the Disney company and that includes marvel characters and Star Wars characters even though they're kind of tricky for him to shapeshift compared to the animated stuff.

It's hard to pick just one character that I would shape shift into first.

But for the last several Halloween I usually just dress up like Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas