Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What is your favourite classical piece?

Cursed-Fate

Heyyo, that's an other question, I love to hear others opinions.

My opinion when it comes to classical piece changes from time to time as i often think more about what i recently heard, so for me it'd have to be Beethoven's Virus (listen to banya's remix, it's godlike),  Pathetic sonata 1st and 2nd mouvement or his 5th emporor concerto's 2nd mouvement......Yeah I'm mainly listeneing to Beethoven:blush:

• Brohoof 3

To have watched Formula 1 races for do many years, the piece they play at the podium really is a classic to me, the prelude of Carmen-opera from Georges Bizet.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

To have watched Formula 1 races for do many years, the piece they play at the podium really is a classic to me, the prelude of Carmen-opera from Georges Bizet.

An epic and energetic theme, love it:ButtercupLaugh:

5 minutes ago, Light Blade said:

Mine is easily Pyotr Il`yich Thcaikovsky's Symphony №4performed by The USSR Symphony Orchestra with Evgeny Svetlanov as conductor, recorded in 1967.

It does sound wonderful, indeed:eager:, talking about the hymn of chribium or am I mistaken?:sealed:

1 minute ago, Light Blade said:

Uh...come again? :twismile:

Oh dear, it would seem that i am mistaken:blush:

8 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I love Swan Lake in general. But for me, this piece of music has always stood out for me and is one of my favourite classical pieces of all time.

Quite understandable, it is such a wonder of a piece, such a glorious ambiance:squee:

7 minutes ago, Kadae said:

It's hard to pick a favourite, but one that immediately comes to mind is Valentina Lisitsa's rendition of Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2!

Ohhhh, it has such a magnificent aura, quite powerful:pinkie:

Just now, Light Blade said:

@Cursed-Fate What is this hymn you are talking about? This symphony is more about fate. To me it also has  some storm vibesAnd yes, it's pretty great and emotional. Here's a link, by the by. 

So i was thinking about something that's totally different:blush:

Truly it really sounds like a piece that makes you travel through emotion:kindness:

Here's a link to what i thought you were talking about at first, sorry if i was confused:sealed:

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

There are so many great ones to choose from. The Pastal Symphony because I like Fantasia 

But I’ll also a sucker for Beethoven Symphony 5 movement 2.

The first one is so dreamy, and the other is pretty darn epic. Beethoven is such an amazing fellow:kindness:

14 minutes ago, Cursed-Fate said:

A wonderful piece it is yes, I personally get heroic vibes with it:blush:

I do as well. I forgot to mention I love Handel as well! Messiah, Sarabande, Zadok etc. 

• Brohoof 1

The Rite of Spring; by Igor Stravinsky. The amount of love I have for this piece is just... <3

• Brohoof 2

My absolute favorite is Dvorak's 9th Symphony Finale! I played it in my orchestra a couple years back, and got some sweet bassoon solos+features. It's just a really fun and nice sounding piece! I've also been enjoying Bach's Suite No.3 in D, and Peteris Vask's String Quartet No.4:1 Elegy, which is a contemporary piece. People really underestimate modern arrangements :coco:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Happy Heart said:

(Does One Winged Angel count? :nom: )

Not classical bit still amazing:squee:

1 hour ago, Thuja said:

Four Seasons Vivaldi.  Just the whole thing :fluttershy:

Ah yes, the seasons, those were the ones which introduces me to classical, so many memories:kindness:

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

The Rite of Spring; by Igor Stravinsky. The amount of love I have for this piece is just... <3

Sounds like it could be the theme of mystical creatures:fluttershy:

1 hour ago, Usager said:

its erik satie considered classic? if so, most of his stuff. gymnopedies are awesome.

also

this is lovely

Yes it is:yay: