Jeric

Debate Symposium Closure

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Honestly; if people just disagreed then the Debate section would still be open. Fact is that it devolved into more than simple disagreements. For literal “years” we’ve tried various methods to keep it open, but nothing worked.

Period.

I think what you're really saying is that you've given up. Which you're free to do, but at least own up to it. You can't control human nature. There really wasn't anything worse or more unusual about your debate section than anywhere else online. In fact, more often, it was better. Give up on something, you'll lose a few users, whatever. It's a shame, it's not a good thing. You guys can celebrate, I guess? I wouldn't celebrate losing something.

20 minutes ago, Jeric said:

 The fact that the huge majority are understanding, ambivalent, or supportive means that we kinda nailed it. It is how it is. 

Another thing, if those people are the type of people to generally agree with anything you do, or are totally ambivalent, those aren't the opinions you should pay attention to. If people have a strong response, about a forum of all things, those are the opinions you should look at closer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

no need for it to be so uncivil with people basically going and bringing the pit here, 
Really not the place

There are some solutions been put in this thread that would have been more popular, but the moderators need to decide what is the best option, 
And with this being a privately owned forum, there's not any right to it being forced to keep any part of it.

Do I disagree with the closure, in short yes, but I can understand why
Am I going to whine about it? no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Olly said:

I think what you're really saying is that you've given up. Which you're free to do, but at least own up to it. You can't control human nature. There really wasn't anything worse or more unusual about your debate section than anywhere else online. In fact, more often, it was better. Give up on something, you'll lose a few users, whatever. It's a shame, it's not a good thing. You guys can celebrate, I guess? I wouldn't celebrate losing something.

Another thing, if those people are the type of people to generally agree with anything you do, or are totally ambivalent, those aren't the opinions you should pay attention to. If people have a strong response, about a forum of all things, those are the opinions you should look at closer. 

Um, yeah, we gave up, at least the current iteration of that specific section. Not hiding that fact at all.

We’ll likely try again in the future, but as it stands we tried and we failed. The staff certainly aren’t celebrating; tho I won’t miss the section as it stands for now.

  • Brohoof 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Goat-kun I would be unfair to not acknowledge your point about RP. I’m actually working on a topic for Throne Room about the VTT build I’m working on. 

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Um, yeah, we gave up, at least the current iteration of that specific section. Not hiding that fact at all.

We’ll likely try again in the future, but as it stands we tried and we failed. The staff certainly aren’t celebrating; tho I won’t miss the section as it stands for now.

I personally hope for the sake of the forum, it is gone forever and is never brought back. 

  • teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

no need for it to be so uncivil with people basically going and bringing the pit here, 
Really not the place

Nothing uncivil at all? but telling how you associate people talking about something in a certain way with a section of the forum that no longer exists 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Olly said:

Nothing uncivil at all? but telling how you associate people talking about something in a certain way with a section of the forum that no longer exists 

I associate it that way cause of the shit that went on there

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this is not happening. I have actual community stuff to work on that doesn't involve this topic turning into an extension of the very place we closed. If you want some great debate, the Pony show has nine seasons of debate worthy topics. This is a Pony Forum after all. The announcement is communicated. Fin. 

  • Brohoof 5
  • teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.