Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MysticWolficorn

I know the show ended ages ago, but it still hits hard to this day. The finale captured so many emotions and was so heartfelt and emotional. It feels kind of empty and incomplete after finishing all the episodes.

To any of you who are feeling the same way, how are you dealing with it?

Edited by MysticWolficorn
  • Brohoof 4

Only thing that depresses me about the series ending is how much I hated the final season, and how the leaks killed my desire to rewatch most of the show 

• Brohoof 2

I get that.  I stopped watching in 2017 after season 7. 

I want to finish it but now knowing it’s ended and stuff I’m not in too much of a hurry.  Show brought a lot of good memories for me and stuff and difficult for me to see it end. 

I would say I liked the final two seasons. I also liked the finale, mainly because of the message and amazing song. (everything else was kinda meh) 

But overall the show was on a decline that I felt since season 8, and there were still many great, incredible moments, of course, but yea I felt like it was FIM's time. 

Also to your point the show did end "ages ago" so whatever post series depression I felt I got overall rather quickly with what I mentioned before. 

However, I def. did not expect MLP to go from "not as good quality" to the utter mess that is Pony Life. I gave it a chance but yea not for me. Here's hoping for Gen.5! 

I am having a sort of "fandom depression." No more conventions or brony meetups because of covid and I miss all my brony friends. None live close to me! I also miss making friends like at every con!

Edited by Miss

Occasionally, I do suffer from post-series depression because when I think about the fact that it’s gone and not coming back, it does feel like a stab in the heart. :( Especially because of that monstrosity of a spin-off and Hasbro not even doing anything for the tenth anniversary last week. :worry: But you know something? We still have nine seasons of beautiful moments, emotional times, lovely music and perfect times with the six most beautiful ponies to have ever lived. :pinkie: Even when they’re not around, just Let the Rainbow Remind You... :wub:

maxresdefault.jpg

P.S. For Celestia’s sake, can people stop complaining about the last two seasons because you’re gonna have to get through me! :angry: I will defend everything about this show so zap me with your best shot! :sneer:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

Since the Franchise is still going and probably will keep going years afterwards, i am not sad at all.

However i have a post-fandom-depression and regret that i didnt get myself involved more in the fandom, when i still had the chance. :worry:

1 minute ago, Lex Destrosio said:

Since the Franchise is still going and probably will keep going years afterwards, i am not sad at all.

However i have a post-fandom-depression and regret that i didnt get myself involved more in the fandom, when i still had the chance. :worry:

Can relate, had I put myself in something else than gamedev (like music), I would have enjoyed being a creator when it mattered xD

On the other hoof, that would have meant dealing with the musical circlejerk... so maybe it was better that I didn't get involved in music earlier xD

• Brohoof 1

I don't like to call it "post series depression", I like to call it a "phantom pain". ;) I thought most of the episodes from Season 9 were good, and even thought the finale itself was good, just not a satisfying end to the series. It's more that I don't like the looming feeling of uncertainty and the conflict of identity where the show is over...but it really isn't, since we still have the comic and a movie transitioning us into G5 that may or may not give us the satisfying conclusion to Friendship is Magic we all hoped for. :Tempest:

12 hours ago, MysticWolficorn said:

To any of you who are feeling the same way, how are you dealing with it?

I was kinda ready for it, meaning I was okay with the series ending. I deal with it by having friends here, and keeping the pony spirit alive!

• Brohoof 2

Depression is too much, but I still mourn the end of ponies, and I look ways to cling to them, like Pony Life or Dragalia Lost :sunny:. Granted, overall S9 was rather crap for what a fina season should be, but at least the final episodes didn’t disappoint :adorkable:

In my case, “depression” isn’t the correct word. I was sad when it initially ended and some months after that but that isn’t what’s going on for me anymore. I still miss the show and wish it was still going but there is no need to stay upset about something for so long.

No. I was I like "whoa" at first during last year's finale, but eventually I moved on after a while. I still have a heavy heart when I see a clip of the finale. The year after the finale, we have been through alot lately (a said a similar comment a while ago), but I look at the fans/bronies who make positive content, be respectful of others, improve our community, it's a sign that we have to be hopeful and not give up. 

I wouldn't call it a depression.

And at least there's lots of new content, both fan made and official, especially the Season 10 comics, which I'm looking forward to getting.

I know the ride isn't over yet!

On 10/17/2020 at 10:09 AM, Splashee® said:

I was kinda ready for it, meaning I was okay with the series ending. I deal with it by having friends here, and keeping the pony spirit alive!

Very much agree and feel the same way!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say that I'm depressed about it, but sometimes I get a little bummed out that it's all over. I still like going back and watching older episodes, which yeah isn't the same, but life has to go on. 

Not really.

When I said I ended the series with season 5, I meant that I originally stopped with "Parental Glideance" the day it was leaked, but I've decided to cut it down to just those 5. 9 seasons, two specials, and a movie is a hell of a lot more than I bargained for, so going through all that plus EG and the comics is an insane proposition to me. I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Just shows that more is not always better. 

Edited by Sasoriman