Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petting and belly rubs?

Bendy

I think pretty quickly Pinkie would because, well,  Pinkie Pie, and I think Fluttershy would because we'd be considered a novel non-pony creature to her. Most others would probably have to know you for a while before they might be OK with that.:ooh:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, all conscious mammals seem to love being petted and having their bellies rubbed.  I mean, wouldn't you like it?  Y'know, if it was presumably your romantic partner doing it?  I sure would.  But that's the thing--because the ponies are sapient, it wouldn't be the same as when we give a belly rub to a dog, for example.  I mean, just think about how you'd react if anyone else except your romantic partner were to do that.  It'd be pretty weird, right?  That's why I think that in order for the pony to be amenable to it, you'd have to be on pretty intimate, and likely romantic terms with them.  And that's cool--I mean, they're sapient, so I have no problem with that.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie for sure

Maybe Fluttershy once she opens up to you. 

For Rainbow, it's gonna be a challenge in terms of belly rubs, but she wouldn't mind a petting. 

Rarity would tell you to be careful of her mane, but would certainly go for a nice and gentle petting/belly rub. 

Oh! And just for kicks, this may happen if you rub Discord's belly in the sweet spot...

large.png

• Brohoof 2

This reminds me of a few pieces of fan art of some unseen human petting Tempest, who had always struck me as the last pony who'd be into that. If you're not careful, you may as well be petting a downed power line.

Spoiler

full.jpeg

Edited by HedonismBot

I would guess it all depends on the pony. Ponies like Pinkie and Fluttershy would probably be fine with it, whereas ponies like Rainbow Dash and Applejack may be opposed to it. To a pony, petting and belly rubs would most likely be considered a massage, which is why I'd think some would really like it. And we can assume the one doing the petting would like it too. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

It depends on the ponies, but yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't mind it. I would love to petted and belly rubbed all of them because they're so freaking precious to me. Especially belly rubs.:wub:

• Brohoof 2

On 2020-10-17 at 11:19 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

Well, all conscious mammals seem to love being petted and having their bellies rubbed.  I mean, wouldn't you like it?  Y'know, if it was presumably your romantic partner doing it?

Is this really that much of a thing? I know a lot of dogs love it, but beyond that?

I'm pretty much indifferent to it myself. Just feels weird to me. I'm not Buddha. And out of the people I've dated, I only know of one who actually enjoyed having their belly rubbed.

As for people, or ponies, enjoying being 'petted', well.. uhh... *cough*

I never understood the fascination with treating these characters like pets, petting them and rubbing their stomachs. It’s fucking weird. 

1 hour ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

These ponies are sentient beings not pets. They'd probably be insulted or just really creeped out.

Going up to a random pony and petting them out of the blue would most likely result in that, yes. Finding a pony likely to be into it and obtaining their consent beforehand would probably have more positive results.

On 2021-04-28 at 7:54 PM, The Wife of Hawks said:

I never understood the fascination with treating these characters like pets, petting them and rubbing their stomachs. It’s fucking weird. 

Maybe because em’ pastel horses are cute, and it’s in our nature to feel that way for cute things :mlp_icwudt:. Granted, I’m also aware enough for them to be offended if I give random pettings and bellyrubs to random pastel horses :D