Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should spoiling media be treated on the same level as arson, extortion, fraud, etc.?

PCutter

On 10/27/2020 at 3:59 PM, Pentium100 said:

What a bunch of assholes - resorting to violence over something completely meaningless like a movie. It's not like your fiend even prevented them from seeing the movie.

S/he never tried to stop them. Yet my friend never told me why s/he decided to reveal it.

If someone gets to be violent about a work of fiction, that person should grow up or even go to therapy.

Beating someone up due a spoiler is beyond childish and stupid.

Besides, most times the ending of a work of fiction isn't all that important. What really matters is the development of the story. All that had to happen to get to the result.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 6:55 AM, LyraLover 💚 said:

The stupidest questions too, honestly. If he's actually serious about this, then that's an absolutely ridiculous idea.

And I am serious.

• 2 years later...

Nah, it's not as bad as the other crimes which do put others lives in danger or genuinely fraudulent and misleading for personal gain.

Ethically, many don't want to know about what happens in a movie or whatever but it can be a bit difficult to avoid many mention of it honestly especially when everyone's on the internet. It's up to an individual to be respective towards others to know when it's appropriate to talk about what happened in a piece of media. Some will say it and create boundaries of how far they've seen or if they haven't seen it at all, so saying anything beyond that is disrespectful. And, some don't until they realize they're getting spoiled.

And then there's people like me. I honestly don't mind spoilers. It takes a lot of unnecessary effort for me to avoid it and makes me a jerk towards others so I would rather let the spoilers happen. I'll probably forget that information anyways before I get to see it for myself :P

On 2020-10-19 at 12:44 AM, PCutter said:

As in extremely heavy fines and/or decades-long jail time or whatever?

Because one of my friends in the past got their mouth busted up horribly for spoiling a movie. It's a bloody scene I never want to see again.

Im pretty sure your friends mouth got busted for a different reason. The spoiling of the movie was just a tipping point.

Plus since your friend is a spoiler... Im guessing he has an assh0le personality? So maybe that. Or he had bad luck and pissed someone off.

I'll offer a serious answer here since the OP doesn't seem to be joking about this. Yes, nobody likes it when someone spoils something for them. It's annoying and yes, can kill any anticipation you've had for a movie/show/game. Should it be treated on the same level as arson, which is something that can actually lead to death or life changing injuries? I think it's a pretty straightforward answer. :grin:

• Brohoof 1