Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching (OOC) Fallout Equestria: Friendship FM

Sauerkrauts

mrTF1if.png

lL6Lpj9.png

Dearest Equestrian, do you ever wonder what kind of paradise it was exactly that we lost? What the fresh grass smelled like, what a feeling of safety felt like? Do you ever think about that, as you breathe the decayed, poisoned memories through the filter of your mask? Do you feel insatiable bitterness over that short moment when jealousy and greed won over what our love had built?

Do you feel that burning sensation of injustice, rising in your throat when you watch hulking shapes of metal crush starved families beneath their welded hooves to feed a warped Ouroboros? Do you get a painfully nostalgic pit in your stomach when you think about the life you never had? About the desperate shadows of once soft beings splitting each other apart in a land that was supposed to feed us and our children? About your home of yesterday?

If so, do hear my proposition:

Set upon the wastes for me and dig out tarnished seeds of what remains of this Magic of Friendship that has been lost to the ages, wipe their hardened surfaces of those teary trails of perpetual anguish and bring them to me... and together we can build a new garden.

A garden of happiness that is, blossoming with radiant flowers hailing from far and wide, their truest colors sprouting from the cold ashes of the past. And when you are all standing before me one day, my little flowers of futurity, I will turn your nectar of hope into the sweetest honey you have ever tasted. A product refined by the very magic that surges from our hearts, spurred to life by the ancestral souls lost to the unforgiving world that we have created, to be worn by those of you who choose to live in constant danger to part the clouded skies.

An element that shall return harmony to a place most dissonant.

This much I can promise. But for now, my little bumblebees, this is your host concluding on Friendship FM... stay safe, keep your guns loaded, your doors locked, and your hearts open.

Good night."

---

Hello!

I am looking for folks who could potentially be interested in a RP plot I have planned for a very long time, upgraded, expanded, and that I am now extremely proud to present as a new member on the forums! The subject is understandably very niche (although perhaps less so here than in other places where I have tried to sell this), but if you are intrigued by unique dystopian stories and/or Fallout: Equestria itself do give the ad a read to see if it could be something for you!

I
V

Join an enigmatic radio host only known as "The Final Princess" on her mysterious quest she claims to be able to return the Equestria that was once lost to the terrors that reigned from the mists of the balefires all too long ago. A quest she claims to somehow be able to pull the light back from a tunnel of endless, churning hopelessness.

The Princess says that none are irredeemable, but is that truly so? Will you pledge allegiance to values of altruistic friendship she claims to have once been the Equestrian way in the wake of a sweet promise, or will you use this mysterious yet seemingly painfully hopeful project as a stepping stone to gain something else entirely when the dead horizon opens before you?

On this adventure of obscure goals and uncertain rewards you will meet broken hearts, lost souls, grim fates, hilariously warped personalities, fascinating factions, loyal followers as well as ruthless adversaries... and perhaps even learn a lesson or two on the Magic of Friendship among all the high-octane shenanigans.

So without further ado, tune in to Friendship FM, immerse yourself in a most soothing voice, count your ammunition and wait for further instructions.

Friendship FM aims to tell a multifaceted and in-depth story in the fanfiction-originated world of Fallout: Equestria, revolving around several potential plotlines that tie together to form a greater whole. Not only are the plot and its twists in your character's hooves alone as one of the main cast, but much of it is based on various thoroughly fleshed out supporting characters I have lovingly created specifically this story in mind!

The aesthetic and the style of the story are much developed to ultimately pay tribute to the original series and the values it is based on, but taken to completely new heartbreaking heights of a cold, cold wasteland that even those already familiar with the setting may find surprising. Though seeing that this version would be publicly set on the MLP Forums, its original intended mature rating would of course be toned down to fit the guidelines. Below you can see some cool features the story is set to have so you'll know what to expect!

NuzJOLG.png

Spoiler

-1-

Very story-driven and atmospheric, but without sacrificing the freedom for you to play your character however you want!

-2-

Focus on character building and development as things progress, with deep interaction and relationships between the various wasteland denizens playing an integral part.

-3-

Lots of possible events that may or may not take place depending on the choices of the characters and what direction the story eventually snowballs into! Exploration, surprises and plot twists are thrilling!

-4-

Possibility for you to weave your own plots and characters along the line if you are the GM type like me. I would love to eventually give you the wheel and see what kind of absolutely derailed madness you can put our heroes through!

zRtxmOJ.png

-1-

You don't need to have any previous knowledge of the milieu or its parent setting Fallout even if at least some basis is highly recommended! The key factors are simply an open mind and your general interest in what I have to offer, and if it is indeed so that an entirely different post-apocalyptic story tickles your fancy, I can help to the best of my ability with character creation and such if you don't already have one suitable for it/to adapt to it! (Also note that your character doesn't necessarily have to be a pony!)

-2-

You must be a literate RPer able to provide at least a few paragraphs of content per reply. I don't enforce any kind of rules or character limits or anything of that nature, but the mindset of someone interested in helping to bring the story to life by at least giving me something to work with is very important! Though there ought to be no stress as far as reply speeds go regardless; I don't mind if you reply the next day or the next week as long as the content is decent!

(Personally my speeds tend to vary a lot due to writing motivation and personal life matters, so I of course don't demand anything but what feels comfortable to you.)

-3-

You must be able to keep up sufficient communication to maintain the plot. This can be simply RP related OOC talk on this site or something else, but I should be fine with whatever you prefer as long as the communication is timely and transparent!

-4-

All common RP courtesy rules apply, meaning things like prohibition of god modding, puppeteering, metagaming and all that. Any possible character-specific abilities and such can of course be discussed separately!

---

If you got this far, well… I'm glad that my radiating personality was able to keep your interest! Anyways, I can't wait what kind of awesome replies I could get as I have been planning this for a long time, so if anything about the post interests you, send me a message and I will be happy to get back to you ASAP! Or in case you have any questions about the fandom setting or anything in general I will be all too happy to answer any and all of them!

qhKUozq.png

Fallout Equestria city wallpaper by: Mikhail Smirnov

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Huh... I can't believe nobody has jumped on an FoE story yet. I'm completely new to forums, but not to RP in general. How many players do you need to officially start this off?

5 hours ago, Aisede said:

Huh... I can't believe nobody has jumped on an FoE story yet. I'm completely new to forums, but not to RP in general. How many players do you need to officially start this off?

Heyo, and welcome to the forums! :muffins:

Well I guess it's because this is a very specific plot set in a very specific sub fandom, I have tried this on other places as well for a couple of months but you are the first to reply haha! The story only needs one player as I personally don't do serious group RPs at all... unless they are some kind of "open" things where you can just hop in and throw a few paragraphs for fun lol! But yeah only one person needed!

(edited)
3 hours ago, Aisede said:

Hm. Alright. How long have you had this idea cookin'?

Also, is this before or after The Goddess' death?

While I don't know the exact timer, I've had this idea for a pretty long time to be honest. On and off at least a year and a half or so molding as a coherent story, before that mostly just as character ideas and separate scenes in my head! I am in the process of writing an actual fanfic with the premise as well, but a RP plot is what it started as!

To answer the second question, while the precise time of the events is kept vague, it is set before The Goddess' death and alicorns as an antagonistic force are a prominent presence throughout the roadmap of the story!

Edited by Sauerkrauts

Aww, I was thinking about trying out an amnesiac alicorn with dreams of a brighter future. Still not 100% sure if I want to join in, though. I'm really stingy about proper grammar and punctuation.

10 hours ago, Aisede said:

Aww, I was thinking about trying out an amnesiac alicorn with dreams of a brighter future. Still not 100% sure if I want to join in, though. I'm really stingy about proper grammar and punctuation.

Oh I see, well... I'm sure there'd be plenty of ways for us to weave things in a manner in which her connection to the Unity would be severed even if the Goddess was alive... if that's the kind of character you really want to experiment with!

Well that's up to you and what you feel like, I will be glad if you are interested but if not, well, I won't mind haha! :squee: All I can do as an anwser to that is reassure you that writing is a big hobby of mine and I take time to proofread my posts for any mistakes I know of! My post lengths vary from around three or so paragraphs at their smallest to things like my biggest ever opener that is 4.2k words, and while I don't have any recent pony RPs, I can provide you with writing samples from my various stories if you'd feel better that way!

Hmm... Let us prove our talents, then. I will generate a post representative of my talents, and you will respond as would be natural. This way, we can see for ourselves if our styles match.

These were the thoughts running through the mind of a lonesome, loathesome blue alicorn. She gazes off into the tainted grey, searching their amorphous morphing shapes for some answer. Some meaning for her existence. But no such answer came. She was truly, utterly alone...

How had this happened? How could this happen? Had The Goddess made a mistake? Had she somehow made a mistake? She can... Remember her time in the Unity, but it's like a distant dream, and every second that slips by her grasp takes a portion of it with it.

There was something else there, too. Something that at once felt alien yet familiar. Books. She could remember books... Reading books? She can't remember reading anything, ever. She has no need for it in the collective. What had she read, and why? What... Who... Is she? Who will she become?

shr hangs her head, sighing into the dust of a desecrated earth. Some answers will never come.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, Aisede said:

Hmm... Let us prove our talents, then. I will generate a post representative of my talents, and you will respond as would be natural. This way, we can see for ourselves if our styles match.

These were the thoughts running through the mind of a lonesome, loathesome blue alicorn. She gazes off into the tainted grey, searching their amorphous morphing shapes for some answer. Some meaning for her existence. But no such answer came. She was truly, utterly alone...

How had this happened? How could this happen? Had The Goddess made a mistake? Had she somehow made a mistake? She can... Remember her time in the Unity, but it's like a distant dream, and every second that slips by her grasp takes a portion of it with it.

There was something else there, too. Something that at once felt alien yet familiar. Books. She could remember books... Reading books? She can't remember reading anything, ever. She has no need for it in the collective. What had she read, and why? What... Who... Is she? Who will she become?

shr hangs her head, sighing into the dust of a desecrated earth. Some answers will never come.

Two shapes could be seen in the far distance, their heads poking over a small ridge every few minutes. One of the shapes was certainly calm and collected, fixing the position of what seemed to be a lengthy firearm using magic while the other was frantic and twitchy, almost seeming as if it was on the verge of a panic attack. With a closer glimpse one could see the nigh unnaturally large shape of a unicorn who was wearing a pre-war riot helmet and a trench coat that dragged the soil, at least now that he was sitting down and by the looks of his pose struggling to squint through the scope of a wooden hunting rifle. Next to him was a zebra mare whose mohawk of a mane was as messy as they came, her eyes darting from one point to another as her starved figure paced behind her companion impatiently.

"And where are its wing-sisters? Know we must, or we'll soon be dust." Her raspy voice finally called out, apparently growing tired of her partner's continued silence.

"We'll probably know in a drop of a hat, when they blast us in the flanks." He chuckled as if it had been merely a joke, the masked face complete with its red visor glancing over his shoulder ever so slightly regardless, followed by a yet another, albeit much more muffled chuckle that hinted of a sudden loss of confidence. He soon glued the lens covering his right eye back against the sights of the rifle. A moment of silence elapsed.

"Hm, it do be lookin' kinda sad fer some reason. Lacks the usual, crap-eatin' grin."

"I care not if sad it looks, perish they all must in my books!" She hissed at him before continuing in a nigh pleading manner. "Make haste... it must die, shooting it you will now try!"

"Yeah alright, let me just call the local Steel Rangers contingent real quick an' tell 'em ta brin' five miniguns an' a homin' missile launcher fer good measure. Do ya seriously think this huntin' rifle is gonna even tickle it? I heard these things are mighty tough."

"Then what suggest you?"

The unicorn slowly reeled his head back and rose up to his full posture, his emotionless gas mask staring into the distance while the twinkilng of magic momentarily increased in volume as the rifle was levitated above his head level. It stayed up there for a moment before it was lowered again so that its sling wrapped around him, the sound of unicorn magic finally ceasing when the weapon was released to hang relatively loose on his back.

"I suggest that we turn 'round with little noise, leave the err... poor awful old thing ta sulk an' return ta home base. There we inform everyone that the expeditions just done became high-risk. "

- - -

I am very sorry for taking a while to reply haha, I hope you don't mind! :adorkable: But that's what I came up with on the spot, hope it meets your standards! (But if not feel free to tell me, I won't be mad lol!) Your post was good too!!

Voices. She could feel them more than hear them, squabbling amongst each other like a swarm of angry bees without a queen. Confusion, fear, uncertainty, and the ever-present lemon tang of some high quality hatred assaulted her senses without mercy, crowding her own thoughts and filling her head with foreign concepts- a lot of which she could have lived perfectly fine without.

She didn't bother looking up, despite this. All that would do is needlessly spook them, and she still retained enough knowledge of her surroundings to know that was a bad idea. A very bad idea. A very bad idea that would likely end up with two ponies dead.

Well... One of them was a pony. The other sounded kind of like a zebra if her riddle of rambling was of any indication. She recalled reading about them, somewhere. They come from a distant land, untouched by the balefire that designated their once fair land.

... She felt a pang inside. Nostalgic in flavor, but aged like molded bread. She... Missed it? No, that wasn't possible, she hadn't been alive back then. Perhaps she read about it, once. 

In a book.

Perking her ear, she looked up at what sounded to be an order to retreat. Or, well, not so much an order? It was too casual a tone for that, but at once she got the distinct impression of professionalism from him.

Ugh... She can't stand it sometimes, the constant influx of thought. It was going to give her a migraine if she didn't find some way to block them out, but that was outside of her power at the moment. She should focus instead on... On finding clues. Answers to where she came from.

Answers, she realized, those two equines may have, or lead her too. 

There was no logic there. No possible reason they may know more about her than she herself did, but at this rate she was literally just wandering aimlessly in the middle of nowhere, wasn't she? She was more likely to get shot by some random stranger than stumble upon the truth. 

---

That's actually a LOT better than I was expecting. You have a true talent ~

Aw thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you think that way~ :wub: Your follow-up post was also great!

So does this mean that you'd be interested in setting things up? If so we could start working on your character so I can mold the starting scenario to be something that fits her! You could perhaps explain things that you've already come up with regarding all her stuff (that you wish to share, I don't need to know everything if you want to keep things ambiguous or to be found out in RP and stuff) from her appearance and personality all the way to her abilities and history etc. And I can possibly help wherever needed to make her great for this plot!

On 11/9/2020 at 1:28 PM, Sauerkrauts said:

Aw thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you think that way~ :wub: Your follow-up post was also great!

So does this mean that you'd be interested in setting things up? If so we could start working on your character so I can mold the starting scenario to be something that fits her! You could perhaps explain things that you've already come up with regarding all her stuff (that you wish to share, I don't need to know everything if you want to keep things ambiguous or to be found out in RP and stuff) from her appearance and personality all the way to her abilities and history etc. And I can possibly help wherever needed to make her great for this plot!

Oh damn, sorry for the late reply! I kept expecting to see a notification but it never came. I guess we have to quote each other or something... 

Anyway, I was kind of hoping we could just continue how we started things. Everything will naturally fall into place overtime via natural progression. My alicorn may glimpse her reflection in a pond or window, or maybe I'll describe her appearance to one of the ponies looking at her through a scope. 

• 2 months later...

I'm interested, but I'm not sure if I should join or not. Sometimes, my replies are long or just simply short. If I made my choice to join, I would introduce two characters who have been teleported into the wateland, ponies from the past who have no idea of the wasteland.

Edited by Windy Breeze