Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Virtual Table Top System Coming

Jeric

Dungeons+and+Ponies+Plus+One+Dragon.jpg

I mentioned this quite some time ago in a thread I’m too busy to look for. MLPF is home to text based RP, which are interactive stories. There is another RP that I’ve been looking at setting up for ages, but had to do some long investigation to find a system that would be feasible for our use. I found it a few months ago and acquired the license for MLPF use. 

If all goes well, and I get some help, we will be able to launch a Virtual Table Top game system. What is a virtual table top? In plain ponish, it is a table top RPG game system that players than log in and play together over the internet. D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, and yes even two different Pony systems ... all realized. 

Character Sheets (actors)

example-actor-sheet-2020-02-13.png

Maps

tutorial-tavern-scene-2020-05-24.png

Fully Customizable

fvtt-ui-map-2020-05-24.jpg

It has a fog of war system, dice mechanics, macros, and world and game systems. It is actually an amazing system. Games would have to be set up to have parties sign in at a set date and time, so there is a play schedule  that would be needed, but hosting will be done on our own server. There is one drawback. I know the tech. I know the dev part. It has been so bloody long since I RP'd like this .... 

cfb.jpg

Obviously we need map ideas and layouts, character creation help, playtesting, and such. We have staffers in RP who are aware of this and will be helping, but this is the first project that I thought may be community driven. I'm looking for people who may be map artists (you know ... how do we visualize the Castle of Two Sisters in a top/down grid ... Everfree ... that kinda thing, know RP rules and systems like this, and um ... DM experience is really really gold right now). 

This is getting done one way or another, but I would really like to complete this right .... and not have some patchwork nonsense done that just isn't fun. So if you can help a brony out here .... ideas are welcome ... talent too!

• Brohoof 8

• This topic was featured and pinned
1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I’ve been interested in tabletop but just really haven’t had the time to get fully immersed into it. 

Same - been meaning to get into stuff like D&D and the Warhammer tabletop games for years, but can never find the time.

Heck, if it's at all feasible, we oughta start a Paranoia gaming group on here; that game's absolutely nuts.

This looks really good.  Does anyone know how this differs from Roll20, or what the price point is, or even what the official name of this particular tabletop simulator is?  It certainly looks like it supports 5th Edition D&D rules whatever it is, as the example character sheet for Symra is a 5th edition D&D sheet.

If anyone is interested in running this thing for a test, I know how to DM 5th Edition D&D.  I won't be free until sometime early next year to actually do it (DMing is a time commitment), but drop me a line if you are interested.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

Since I'm aware not many has RP or unsure how or where to start, We could start with a beginner level and keep it simple and not too complicated. Of course we will be keeping the D&D formats. Also as for the maps, the higher level you get the bigger the map will as well.  I have more to input on this, but for now I think keeping it a bit more simple than your average D&D, will be a starter.  We could also use visual dices, for dice rolls. 

13 hours ago, SpookyBrony42 said:

So this is for a specific rule set, not a set of tools that people can use for different rules? Meaning, some people can play D&D, others can play Tails of Equestria, and others Call of Cthulu (Call of Cthorseshoe)?

Yes. When a DM first starts up a game or campaign, they would have a pull down list that would import all the rules and system from whatever game they wanted to play. Characters, stats, the game state, and etc are all saved. Once set up or selected.

Presently I believe we can have multiple sessions, though when I roll this out it will be one session at a time until I’m sure that there is not going to be issues with the server. 

On 10/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, TBD 🚬 said:

Since I'm aware not many has RP or unsure how or where to start, We could start with a beginner level and keep it simple and not too complicated. Of course we will be keeping the D&D formats. Also as for the maps, the higher level you get the bigger the map will as well.  I have more to input on this, but for now I think keeping it a bit more simple than your average D&D, will be a starter.  We could also use visual dices, for dice rolls. 

Tales of Equestria is one I’m working on building out. It’s really really simple, but still a dice and tabletop game with basic standard stats 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, Twilight Dirac said:

This looks really good.  Does anyone know how this differs from Roll20, or what the price point is, or even what the official name of this particular tabletop simulator is?  It certainly looks like it supports 5th Edition D&D rules whatever it is, as the example character sheet for Symra is a 5th edition D&D sheet.

If anyone is interested in running this thing for a test, I know how to DM 5th Edition D&D.  I won't be free until sometime early next year to actually do it (DMing is a time commitment), but drop me a line if you are interested.

Roll20 is a subscription based system. This was one time license purchase and we can host it on our own server using Poniverse logins (or a separate system if needed). It’s similar in many ways, but more open to those that can web dev. I believe the complete license is only $50. 

Just to state one thing, this would be free for all users here. I covered the license fee and I I’ll cover the server costs and such. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Goat-kun said:

Canterlot city map. Whoa, Nelly.

And the underground caverns! Easy peasy!!!

18 hours ago, Jeric said:

And the underground caverns! Easy peasy!!!

Long ago, long ago (2015) I've mapped some parts of Canterlot, the Unicorn Mines, and the pitch black chasms below with secret paths that lead all the way to the train terminus beneath the mountain. However, I've mapped them only with words. Also, you know how I am with my artistic liberties.

Interesting concept. Maybe this could be a substitute for the RP forum. I've seen way too many games just up and die because a few people dropped out. Why I've been hesitant to start new RPs myself. Something like this could give more people incentive to stay and play. 

• Brohoof 3

I only just came across this thread, this sounds awesome!

I have experience as a Dungeon Master, and I love all things artsy! I'll be quite busy for the next month or so, but I'd be eager to help out and participate in some way. :ticking:

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned