Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv How many times have you seen your favorite movies?

Dreambiscuit

Movies I've watched the most are definitely the original Star Wars trilogy. Don't know how many times I've watched them.

Some movies I've put on a lot on the background are Napoleon Dynamite, Clerks II, and The Simpsons movie.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

What are your favorite movies and how many times have you watched them? You can be specific (if you keep an accurate count of such things) or generalize, and name as many movies as you wish!

Toy Story and Zootopia: Too many times to give you an accurate number.

Miracle on 34th Street (1947):

At least 15 times.

I started watching every Friday after Thanksgiving in the 2010's & I sometimes watched it more than once during the month of December.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Finding Nemo: Probably about 6 or 7 times.

Jurassic Park: I think 4 or 5 times? I've read the book at least 10.

The movie I've probably seen the most times is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation which I can safely say I've seen at least 10 if not 15 or even 20 times as my dad used to put it on at least once if not twice a year around Christmas. Interestingly enough some of what I'd say my favorite movies are I've seen probably only twice.

I have 7 number one favorite movies XD (just can't decide between all of them) 

Revenge of the Sith: Honestly don't know, I grew up with this movie (saw it in theaters) so kid me has rewatched many times, also we had it on dvd so it was very accessible for rewatch. Imma have to guess like over 20 times. And I still rewatch the movie every now and then because of the "Star Wars Days" where my friends and I rewatch all the Star Wars movies one time (spread across two days) during the year. 

Carol: 3 times. This movie is often not available. I could potentially watch online going arch (if you catch my drift), but don't like to do that for the most part because I like to watch with my fav movies with the best quality and without interruptions and that's iffy on THOSE websites. Also this movie is fairly new: 2015. 

Coco: 3 times. Fairly recent film. Was on Netflix for awhile but not it's on disney plus and I dont have that so yea kind of inaccessible for me now. 

Les Miserables: Maybe like 10 times? This movie is a 2hour and 40min sing along. I know the lyrics to most of the song. So not only is it a film, but a karaoke/sing along session so that is why rewatching is more likely. And I have it on DVD so very accessible

The Truman Show: 4 times. Not a recent film, but only recently saw it like in 2016. (after the first time I saw it I rewatched it again the next day). 

Planet of the Apes (1968): 3 times. Old film so not very accessible. But I did buy it on dvd so yea that accounts for the third rewatch as the first two times I saw it were back to back. 

Portrait of a Lady on Fire: 2 times. It came out last year so yea. Saw it on theater then saw it again as soon as it came out on Hulu. 

I love watching movies so even tho I feel like rewatching this films alot (besides RofS and Les Mis as I've seen them many times) I also have the thought like "Instead rewatching a film I've seen, I could watch a new film instead. I generally watch like at least 35 films (15-20 films that came out that year) I haven't seen every year. In 2018 I watched 44 films that came out that year and in 2019 I watched 52. 

All this talk of my favorite movies gave me an idea. I'm gonna have like a week where I watch all my favorite movies. I'll do like 2 a day. Not just these 7 but my other favorite films as well, Tangled, Your Name, Treasure Planet, A Silent Voice, The King's Speech, etc. 

I’ve seen the original Star Wars trilogy 400 times each, give or take. Most if this was when I was younger and watched them every single day; and sometimes more than once a day. Now I only watch them a 5 or 6 times a year, so I can keep the experience fresh. The prequel trilogy has maybe 100 views each so far. The Indiana Jones movies I’ve seen somewhere in the 200 area for the first three, and probably 30 or so for the last one. Aside from these most basic staples, here are a few faves (with approximate numbers):

Beauty and the Beast (animated): over 150,

Tangled: 50 (I deliberately try to limit that one to keep it fresh),

Your Name: around 20,

The Incredibles: 50,

Far And Away: 25

Honorable mentions go to all the Disney animated movies, Barbie movies and Christmas specials, all of which rank in the dozens each. I watch a LOT of movies and have spent a good chunk of my life staring at a screen, so yeah, they add up. Some people play videogames, I watch movies. What can I tell ya?

• Brohoof 2

Actually the movies I've seen most aren't my favorite movies at all :ButtercupLaugh: I may have seen some movies 30/40 times and NO it's not a joke; there were summers where I literally had nothing else to do :ButtercupLaugh:

• 4 weeks later...