Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's your opinion on circumcision?

AlicornSpell

I personally think it's wrong when babies are circumcised for no medical reasons. I think it's a human rights violation, and so I have an ethical problem with it being done to infants. However, I do believe that if an adult wants it done, he can have it done. 

• Brohoof 3

If you want good people to do wicked things, you'll need religion.  What better example is there than circumcision?  Superstitious dogma is the only tool by which you could get some decent guy in the dark ages to look at a newborn and say, "Perfect.  A miracle.  An adorable, beautiful bundle of joy.  Now hand me that sharp stone so I can do the Lord's work."

• Brohoof 3

I think if an adult person with a penis wishes to cut a part of their body off that helps with protection, contains the highest concentration of nerve endings on the penis, provides natural lubrication, and contains anti-bacterial agents, then that is their choice.

I do feel that it should definitely be illegal for it to be done on babies or children unless there is some medical complication. 

• Brohoof 3

Personally I think it shouldn't be done on infants. I lot of guys I know say they're happy that they had it done, but you have to wonder how much of that is influenced by the normalization of it. Essentially, it's altering a body without consent, so, imo, it shouldn't be allowed for cosmetic reasons. If someone wants it done when they're 18 or whatever age with parental consent, then sure.

58 minutes ago, AlicornSpell said:

This is not a debate. This is just people just giving their opinions about it. 

And that’s fine, but this may lead to an debate potentially one way or another. I don’t see any problem yet, but if there is, I’ll have the mod to lock it, so just be cautious. 

Lubrication? I like it rough so thats okay....makes it clean? You dont remove it... you'll house a lot of bacteria thats for sure.... I had a couzin who isnt cercumferencedserwatchamacall it and he has to thoroughly clean his dick... Or else hell get infection... While i don't even need to clean this ...

• Brohoof 1

I think those with the proper gear for such a thing should have a choice in the matter, I don't think it's right or fair to them to go through with it when they can't even speak for themselves.  Unless there was urgent medical need for such a procedure, of course.

2 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Lubrication? I like it rough so thats okay....makes it clean? You dont remove it... you'll house a lot of bacteria thats for sure.... I had a couzin who isnt cercumferencedserwatchamacall it and he has to thoroughly clean his dick... Or else hell get infection... While i don't even need to clean this ...

Yeah thats pretty much my thoughts exactly. The more of it the better.

Edited by Scar

Oh boy, here we go again.

TL;DR if it's not your body, it's not your choice. It's assault and should be outlawed (female genital mutilation is illegal in basically the entire world. Circumcision is literally same thing, but legal).

• Brohoof 2

I'm very against doing it on infants who can't consent. If someone wants to be circumcised, they can have it done when they're 18.

I don't think "cleanliness" is a valid reason for circumcision; fathers should just teach their sons how to clean themselves properly...  

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked

@AlicornSpell

This thread was fine when the Debate Symposium was still up, as it could be moved there in case it turned into a parley (which it very likely would have). However, the mix of that section’s removal and the new rule set it place which disallows controversial topics, status updates, etc., this thread will no longer be allowed to remain open.

Locking.

• Brohoof 2