Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What the heck do I name this?

Marcusaralius76

(edited)

I wrote a fanfiction (My best writing so far). It's a hundred pages long and I have barely finished the introduction, yet I still don't have a name for it yet. For the Deviantart release of the first chapter, my name for it is "My 'My Little Pony' Fanfic"...which stinks!!!

So should i keep it named frankly, or should I come up with a better name for it?

Here's the first two chapters of the story:

Chapter 1: http://marcusaralius76.deviantart.com/art/My-My-Little-Pony-Fanfic-Chapter-1-306345228?q=gallery%3Amarcusaralius76&qo=1

Chapter 2: http://marcusaralius76.deviantart.com/art/My-My-Little-Pony-Fanfic-Chapter-2-306513360?q=gallery%3Amarcusaralius76&qo=0

The girls are sent to a naturally formed portal to close it with the Elements of Harmony. If they don't, it will grow ever larger and cause a small hole in space to become a rift that could break the world apart. They get thrown through it as it is destroyed and are immediately thrown into a borderline grimdark situation in our world until an elderly man without a family rescues them. The first ten chapters are of the man and the girls (split up) and is mostly early character development before the portal. The meat of the story is in the middle as the girls and the old man live together and cope with our world. This section is mostly going to be learning morals of responsibility and family. And the last part, my favorite (as I have it planned) is going to be a single overarching piece on personal sacrifice for the ones we love.

Edited by Marcusaralius76

If someone sees the title would they read it, then google the name you came up with like this "[insert fanfic name here] fanfic" and if it pops up, then don't use it and think of another one.

Get a better name for it. If you give us the pages we can help you name it too. :)

I agree, it would help if we could read a bit, or at least get a description of the plot line, so as to help in the naming process.
  • Brohoof 1

Get a better name for it. If you give us the pages we can help you name it too. :)

Pinkie Pie Watches Paint Dry

I'll need more information about the fic itself

I agree, it would help if we could read a bit, or at least get a description of the plot line, so as to help in the naming process.

I put the pages and a description in the OP

"Another FiM fanfic that nobody cares about"

considering the popularity of most fanfics, that's probably more accurate than the current title.
  • Brohoof 1

Name... Name.... What's a good name... "Equestrian Rift at the New England STAR"? Or maybe something less specific... How about... "Ponies and Stuff"? That might be a little too... Unspecific... Or You could call it, "Old Men, Ponies, Portals, and Malls". Take your pick.

• Brohoof 1

Name... Name.... What's a good name... "Equestrian Rift at the New England STAR"? Or maybe something less specific... How about... "Ponies and Stuff"? That might be a little too... Unspecific... Or You could call it, "Old Men, Ponies, Portals, and Malls". Take your pick.

Hm... the STAR could definitely be part of the title, but it's pivotal roll is only for the first part of the story.

I only know the first part of the story, so I can't go off more than that.

True, though a lot of authors do have titles that are based off fairly small events. Maybe STAR could work?

Event of the STAR

Falling STARs

STAR Wars (enemy copyright laws inbound)

STARtar Sauce

Hub STAR

• Brohoof 2

True, though a lot of authors do have titles that are based off fairly small events. Maybe STAR could work?

Event of the STAR

Falling STARs

STAR Wars (enemy copyright laws inbound)

STARtar Sauce

Hub STAR

Yes. All of them, just... Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Without reading it, this seems like it has great potential. It is like the overarching adventure is the subtext of their growth along the way.

*director vision* Sent on a journey to fix a rift that could destroy the world, the mane six must learn how to overcome the rifts that can divide family.

For a name, I would suggest 'Divisions' or something that surmises the theme or the characters' own flaws that get in the way of success.