Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask me anything, about France or other things

Cursed-Fate

I made a topic while arriving on this forum and it was quite the success, honestly, I'm still surprised at how active peoples are on it. This topic was about what you know about france, so I thought, after some time and after receiving plenty of questions, that maybe I could do one just about that! Questions you have about France, or the french in general... Or you can just ask questions that you want answered. Whether it is about life, history, shows.... Or even, myself:blush:

Ask me anything that you want, I'll do my best to answer!:squee:

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Funtime Splashee said:

What's your opinion on the car Citroen 2CV? :coco:

It's a mythical car, I can't say that it's exceptionally good, by today's standards it's even bad,but that's no news flash:yay: the 'deudeuche' as we nickname it here is pretty nice looking. Citroen has come a loooong way:squee: I wouldn't try to drive it tho, it's not quite comfy nor efficient:sealed:

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Cursed-Fate said:

It's a mythical car, I can't say that it's exceptionally good, by today's standards it's even bad,but that's no news flash:yay: the 'deudeuche' as we nickname it here is pretty nice looking. Citroen has come a loooong way:squee: I wouldn't try to drive it tho, it's not quite comfy nor efficient:sealed:

I was crazy in its design when I was little (still am).

If you had to choose a color for a 2CV, what would it be? I would choose the Charleston. Do you know what "Charleston" mean or its history? I have no way of knowing!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Funtime Splashee said:

I was crazy in its design when I was little (still am).

If you had to choose a color for a 2CV, what would it be? I would choose the Charleston. Do you know what "Charleston" mean or its history? I have no way of knowing!

The Charleston looks dope, I don't know about it's history but it looks nice. If I had to choose a colour..... Errrr... I'd say a black and white one, in Charleston style but instead of red, it's white:kindness:

citroen-2cv-citroen-2cv-charleston-1987-rouge_7580414806.jpg

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Cursed-Fate said:

The Charleston looks dope, I don't know about it's history but it looks nice. If I had to choose a colour..... Errrr... I'd say a black and white one, in Charleston style but instead of red, it's white:kindness:

citroen-2cv-citroen-2cv-charleston-1987-rouge_7580414806.jpg

(About the word Charleston): Is it just a name, or a place, or some specific style? Is it a French word to begin with? :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Funtime Splashee said:

(About the word Charleston): Is it just a name, or a place, or some specific style? Is it a French word to begin with? :ooh:

Charleston is a dancing style coming from America I think, it was introduced to France in a cabaret at the champs Elysees around in the 30s

8 minutes ago, Cursed-Fate said:

I come from the region Auvergne, the Put de dôme département to be exact. A great place to live, nature is thriving there:kindness:

I never went to Auvergne; the names I remember ( I went to more but I don't remember) are Paris, Marseille, Franche-Comté, Clermont-Ferrand and Alsace.

If I ever come back to France maybe I'll check it out; I like natural views.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Xe__or said:

I never went to Auvergne; the names I remember ( I went to more but I don't remember) are Paris, Marseille, Franche-Comté, Clermont-Ferrand and Alsace.

If I ever come back to France maybe I'll check it out; I like natural views.

Well,lucky you, Clermont Ferrand is in Auvergne, and in Puy de Dôme at that:ButtercupLaugh:

21 minutes ago, Cursed-Fate said:

Well,lucky you, Clermont Ferrand is in Auvergne, and in Puy de Dôme at that:ButtercupLaugh:

Oh :ButtercupLaugh: It was like 15 years ago, didn't pay attention to the geography :ButtercupLaugh: Then that's done!

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Scar said:

How do you view your country?

Arrr that's a tough one. I am conflicted between loving it and hating it. There are so many things I love, but at the same time, some things are disapointing... Hmmm I'm gonna sum up things quickly:

Good health system, great history and culture, language and Architecture, the nature mostly remains and the landscapes are gorgeous... there are many good points to france.

But on the other side, Bad schooling system, ranked amongst the lowest in the world, that's already a great point as diplomas are paying less and jobs are tough to find. The politics aren't the greatest and most of the clichés about France are true. Cities, mostly big cities, tend to be dirty and lots of peoples are smoking. We're amongst the less mentally healthy peoples, in Europe that is and generaly, we rank low in many things. We never shine much in the actual world and it seems that the country is getting less and less safe to be in as time passes

I have trouble thinking straight right now i'm a bit tired but yeah, good and bad points are making me troubled and unable to tell whether to like or dislike my country:sealed:

I view it with neutral eyes of some sort, but French culture is mine to take and i'm proud to be from France:squee:

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, FuntimeMare said:

Do you like watching the MLP with French voices/dubs or do you just watch the English version?

I watch it with the original english voices, I've heard the french voices however, and even if they fit, i rather watch it in english:sealed:

1 hour ago, Cursed-Fate said:

Arrr that's a tough one. I am conflicted between loving it and hating it. There are so many things I love, but at the same time, some things are disapointing... Hmmm I'm gonna sum up things quickly:

Good health system, great history and culture, language and Architecture, the nature mostly remains and the landscapes are gorgeous... there are many good points to france.

But on the other side, Bad schooling system, ranked amongst the lowest in the world, that's already a great point as diplomas are paying less and jobs are tough to find. The politics aren't the greatest and most of the clichés about France are true. Cities, mostly big cities, tend to be dirty and lots of peoples are smoking. We're amongst the less mentally healthy peoples, in Europe that is and generaly, we rank low in many things. We never shine much in the actual world and it seems that the country is getting less and less safe to be in as time passes

I have trouble thinking straight right now i'm a bit tired but yeah, good and bad points are making me troubled and unable to tell whether to like or dislike my country:sealed:

I view it with neutral eyes of some sort, but French culture is mine to take and i'm proud to be from France:squee:

I find that very interesting. America in terms of big cities, has even more problems than your country has. Lots of dirty people, smoking, crime, drugs, pollution, etc. America is quite the mess but, I still love it as it is where I was born.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour! 

Which cities in france do you have already visited and which was your favorite?

Which other countries have you visited?

Which countries do you want to visit?

What is your favorite sport?

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Bonjour! 

Which cities in france do you have already visited and which was your favorite?

Which other countries have you visited?

Which countries do you want to visit?

What is your favorite sport?

Greetings:yay: so questions hmmm

I have visited many cities, although I don't always remember, well I have a bad memory anyway, I'll try to recite a few. Beaumont, Dijon, st George de Didone, Barcelone errr...... Yeah I can't remember but basically many in Bretagne et in the south. Tho I've also visited plenty of towns in my region. And what's my fav? Hmm I can't tell sorry, but if it's talking about memory worth place, it'd have to be a town in Bretagne I went last summer with friends, it's a shame I don't remember the name of it:sealed:

I have visited Germany a number of times, Spain once and that's all, I haven't gone out of border much which is not really nice.

I'm thinking more and more of living in the United States. For many reasons that I'm not gonna develop. There's also Japan and Italy as well as England that I wanna visit. As of now, that's all.

My favourite sport.... Oh dear... I'd say esport considering it's a full fledge sport now but that might not be what you intended so.... I love tennis, I've played it several years and I really enjoy it. Athletism also, although it's a regroupmeng of various activities.

I hope I answered well enough:squee:

Have a nice day;)

• Brohoof 1