Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is pinkie the most hated character now?

thepinkapocalypse

I ask because I see so many people anymore hating on her more then actually liking her. Like using ableist slurs like obnoxious and annoying yeah those are ableist because pinkie is autistic or adhd coded and people with those conditions are always called annoying or obnoxious because their behavior isn’t considered appropriate. I remember a time in this fandom when pinkie was once loved by all now all I see is hate and it’s disheartening. 

edit: never mind there isn’t anything wrong with the words annoying and obnoxious I just take it really personally when I see negative things about her. I relate to her on a personal level and I feel like the negativity is directed at me sometimes.

Edited by thepinkapocalypse
I wanted to correct what I said.

Idk what you’re seeing. Everypony still loves her from what I see. 

one of those characters imo, that always stayed great and got better even. 

The ableist part i would say is a stretch cuz she was never confirmed to be any of those things you said, it’s a fine head canon, but not necessarily the case. I myself am naturally hype, optimistic,  and a party animal in certain settings and would def. see myself a lil like Pinkie Pie in that sense but some people don’t like that kind of person and that’s fine. They prefer people that aren’t quite like Pinkie, and therefore are not a big fan of that character, and again that’s fine. 

Sometimes it can be slightly difficult with her, but never to the point of hating her. Can't hate that what is as pink (yes, that's a standing definition of her natural behavior in time and space) as Pinkie.

large.jpg

20 minutes ago, Miss said:

Idk what you’re seeing. Everypony still loves her from what I see. 

one of those characters imo, that always stayed great and got better even. 

The ableist part i would say is a stretch cuz she was never confirmed to be any of those things you said, it’s a fine head canon, but not necessarily the case. I myself am naturally hype, optimistic,  and a party animal in certain settings and would def. see myself a lil like Pinkie Pie in that sense but some people don’t like that kind of person and that’s fine. They prefer people that aren’t quite like Pinkie, and therefore are not a big fan of that character, and again that’s fine. 

That makes sense sorry it’s just those words were used against me a lot in school so now I am extra sensitive to them now. 

23 minutes ago, thepinkapocalypse said:

That makes sense sorry it’s just those words were used against me a lot in school so now I am extra sensitive to them now. 

No need to apologize. We all empathize with one or more of these characters so it makes sense that sometimes we see a lil bit of ourselves in them and when someone doesn't like a character it could feel personal. But should always remember that we are our own person and everyone is entitled to their own opinion about these fictional characters. 

• Brohoof 1

I hate her with a burning passion and always will. She is the most obnoxious, annoying, and incessant  character there ever was. I don't know how she can NOT be annoying. 

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Shimmer Sparkle 🎈🎈🎈 said:

Well, people are allowed to have their own opinions, but as for me I absolutely adore her! She makes me smile and keeps my spirits up in general. It's impossible to dislike her. 

Ponk

How did you get that image to be so large? It takes up my entire screen! So much pink! :BornAgainBrony:

Is Pinkie Pie the most hated one? Is she only hated right now? I think Rarity is the hated one, and Pinkie is the obnoxious one. And Rainbow Dash is both :derp:

Always has been ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

They have taken the manic pixie dream girl concept and drowned it in a bowl of coke. Pinkie acts like one of those home appliances from The Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy: Soulless, senseless, and filled with hollow positivity. Here's a tip from an abelist: if you're going around bothering random people you do not need acceptance but professional help. Share and enjoy!

I don't think one of the main characters could possibly be the "most hated" character in the show. In fact, I personally remain a fan of her. Surely the most hated character is one of those one-time villains. 

5 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Always has been ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

They have taken the manic pixie dream girl concept and drowned it in a bowl of coke. Pinkie acts like one of those home appliances from The Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy: Soulless, senseless, and filled with hollow positivity. Here's a tip from an abelist: if you're going around bothering random people you do not need acceptance but professional help. Share and enjoy!

What a disgusting and dehumanizing comment. Never thought I'd see someone take pride in referring to themselves as an abelist. Pinkie Pie is shown to truly care about everypony and only want their well being, deep in her heart, and want to spread joy and laughter. It's not hollow at all. She has put her life on the line many times to save save Equestria. She goes around and spreads positivity so that everypony can feel their best; the exact opposite that you're doing. Going around and spreading negativity. Making others feel like they don't basic human compassion and empathy and to quote you "acceptance." How truly appalling. 

@thepinkapocalypse Ignore this person. Clearly someone that goes around not caring about how others feel and therefore let's hate brew inside them for when they see characters like Pinkie Pie. They have nothing to offer to help so they do things like making others feel bad and take pride in it. 

• Brohoof 3

I kinda have to agree with the above person, that comment was unnecessary. I think we have to remember that she's a character written to appeal to young girls so, yeah, she's gonna be annoying to older people. I loved her when I was younger, but now she kind of gets on my nerves (exact opposite of what happens with my opinions on rarity lol)

Just as an autistic person, I don't find her very relatable, but maybe if I were younger when I understood social clues even less like pinkie seems to

13 hours ago, thepinkapocalypse said:

pinkie is autistic or adhd coded and people with those conditions are always called annoying or obnoxious 

I hope you realize ANYONE will be called annoying or obnoxious if they aren't liked. It has nothing to do with adhd or autism- it has absolutely nothing to do with ableism. Those words have never been exclusively for each other. Hell people with depression are called annoying as well. Even people with absolutely nothing wrong with them will be called annoying/obnoxious by those who don't like them.

How is that ableism?

Pinkie Pie as a character in the show - rather fun to watch. Definitely not my favorite, but I don't hate her.

Someone who would behave like that in the real world - I would try to be at least 1km away from them, because I don't think I could stand someone like Pinkie IRL for longer than a few minutes.

Also, if "annoying" or "obnoxious" are, in your opinion, the wrong words, what, according to you, would be acceptable?

32 minutes ago, MysticWolficorn said:

I dislike her, but not to the point to which it becomes hate. She is quite annoying and obnoxious. If you ask me I would say Rarity is the most hated. 

That’s fair thanks for your honesty. I personally don’t like rarity. I just have no interest in her character. I admit I am taking this personally because I relate to pinkie on a personal level so it’s hard to see negative things about her because I feel they are directed at me. 

Not exactly, but the writing for many characters seems kinda off in later seasons.
I don't like to concern myself with technical details, but this inconsistency may have something to do with a change of writers. She used to have an special kind of intelligence. But the new writers took on this idea and misinterpreted it as being merely "wacky". The result is her being used as an oblivious and sometimes obnoxious gag. A caricature of herself. This is what differentiates an effective writer from a merely mediocre one.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Not exactly, but the writing for many characters seems kinda off in later seasons.
I don't like to concern myself with technical details, but this inconsistency may have something to do with a change of writers. She used to have an special kind of intelligence. But the new writers took on this idea and misinterpreted it as being merely "wacky". The result is her being used as an oblivious and sometimes obnoxious gag. A caricature of herself. This is what differentiates an effective writer from a merely mediocre one.

I agree that’s why I stopped after season 5 season 6 was bad 7 was ok but 8 and 9 it’s like they didn’t care anymore. The new writers didn’t bother writing her right they forgot she works at sugarcube corner and she left town over that dumb yovidaphone. I agree with you on the inconsistency of the newer seasons. 

11 hours ago, Scar said:

I hate her with a burning passion and always will. She is the most obnoxious, annoying, and incessant  character there ever was. I don't know how she can NOT be annoying. 

Did Pinkie murder your dog or something?

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Megas said:

Did Pinkie murder your dog or something?

She is the worst character on the show, period. High pitched voice, constantly annoying and laughing. How is that not annoying?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Scar said:

She is the worst character on the show, period. High pitched voice, constantly annoying and laughing. How is that not annoying?

It is not in any way annoying and it’s a silly thing to get mad about. :P I’m amazed that you’re even a fan if you don’t like one of the Mane characters! :mlp_wat: