Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is pinkie the most hated character now?

thepinkapocalypse

2 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

It is not in any way annoying and it’s a silly thing to get mad about. :P I’m amazed that you’re even a fan if you don’t like one of the Mane characters! :mlp_wat:

I was never a fan of the mane 6. I came here for the villains and the community. Not everyone here likes all of the mane 6, you know. 

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Scar said:

I was never a fan of the mane 6. I came here for the villains and the community. Not everyone here likes all of the mane 6, you know. 

That’s fair enough. We all like different aspects of the show. :kindness: I just get very defensive of the Mane Six because they’re kind of my heroes and they’ve saved my life so obviously, I’ll defend them as long as I live. :wub:

It’s really cool to like the villains though! :ithastolookpretty:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

Just now, TomDaBombMLP said:

That’s fair enough. We all like different aspects of the show. :kindness: I get very defensive of the Mane Six because they’re kind of my heroes and they’ve saved my life so obviously, I’ll defend them. :wub:

It’s really cool to like the villains though! :ithastolookpretty:

I relate more to the villains, especially Starlight. Starlight's reformation is what got me into the show in the first place. It hits me on an emotional level. The past is the past and you can't change it no matter how hard you try, and that is something I still struggle with.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/30/2020 at 4:08 AM, Miss said:

What a disgusting and dehumanizing comment. Never thought I'd see someone take pride in referring to themselves as an abelist. Pinkie Pie is shown to truly care about everypony and only want their well being, deep in her heart, and want to spread joy and laughter. It's not hollow at all. She has put her life on the line many times to save save Equestria. She goes around and spreads positivity so that everypony can feel their best; the exact opposite that you're doing. Going around and spreading negativity. Making others feel like they don't basic human compassion and empathy and to quote you "acceptance." How truly appalling. 

@thepinkapocalypse Ignore this person. Clearly someone that goes around not caring about how others feel and therefore let's hate brew inside them for when they see characters like Pinkie Pie. They have nothing to offer to help so they do things like making others feel bad and take pride in it. 

Don't hate the player, hate the game. The OP stated that folks who hate a cartoon horse are -ists. Trying to force acceptance, now that is disgusting. I call myself -ist and -phobe cause those words do not hold power over me nor do they bear any relevance. Might as well call myself a Yalalitarianian from the planet Pwfoo. Though, these are gripping you by the throat, aren't they? And you think yourself righteous while wielding false labels as a whip.

Now, I do hate Pinkie the way she is and I stand by my statement. Bad writing turned her into a crummy character. She deserved better. Good day sir.

• Brohoof 1

I thought she was one of the more liked characters. Yea she can be over the top and bouncy but that's her personality comedic and stuff. I think I hear more ppl saying they don't like rarity cuz she dramatic or whatever though she has a lot of fans too.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, Pinkie is possibly one of the most positive going of the Mane Six in the show. People still love her for her humor, fourth wall breaks, and scenes like this that make her a memorable character. I often see pieces of fan art posted of her many times, and that isn't dying down anytime soon (which is a good thing). I like her as well. 

4 hours ago, TransitPony said:

Nah, Pinkie is possibly one of the most positive going of the Mane Six in the show. People still love her for her humor, fourth wall breaks, and scenes like this that make her a memorable character. I often see pieces of fan art posted of her many times, and that isn't dying down anytime soon (which is a good thing). I like her as well. 

This! You’ve described it all perfectly! :pinkie:

cea.gif

Nah, I still like her. I relate to her sisters more than I do her, but I think she really brings the show together. There's no MLP without Pinkie Pie.

But she has been hanging out with Rainbow Dash for too long because in the last seasons she got to be too much of a good thing. Since season 6, she's 25% super bubbly lovey-dovey party animal, 75% innocently insensitive airhead. 

Her behavior in "Filli Vanilli", I let that slide because some of it was funny, even if it was Fluttershy. I can't say I'm happy about her latter instances of speaking out of turn. I know she's made comments to mixed reactions in the past, but never like this. 

3 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

cea.gif

This is the Pinkie Pie I know, a pony who leaves joy and happiness in her wake and maybe a few cupcakes, not confused/annoyed looks every time she makes a joke.   

48 minutes ago, Funtime Splashee said:

Why can't we just hate Rainbow Dash a little? Hasbro made it too easy to hate Pinkie with their creepy toys!

Because she’s what most people like she’s less girly. Yeah sure rainbows aren’t girly at all. I liked the original rainbow dash more she dresses in style. 

On 10/30/2020 at 5:12 AM, TheDonald said:

I hate her with a burning passion and always will. She is the most obnoxious, annoying, and incessant  character there ever was. I don't know how she can NOT be annoying. 

Says the duck :laugh:

On 10/30/2020 at 5:43 AM, thepinkapocalypse said:

Like using ableist slurs like obnoxious and annoying yeah those are ableist because pinkie is autistic or adhd coded and people with those conditions are always called annoying or obnoxious because their behavior isn’t considered appropriate

but i love being called autistic lol

there's having weird behaviours, and there's when said behaviours aren't appropriate to say or do. not everyone is going to find the pink horse's personality endearing

• 9 months later...

like a drama vampire I am here! Wait a sec!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.93dd63a2fedb0fcda587021ff6f06794.png

image.png.a945eba41876c6f6af45c5baf1499d07.png

*zooms in*

nuu I have tasted stale drama :P it burns!

(btw this is a reference to Interview with a vampire - such a good movie)

Anyway, like 90% of this thread, I agree that Pinkie rules. She is my fave. She is the plush with the greatest sass.

She has her obnoxious moments and some bronies give her a hard time because of it, but she's a great character when the eps don't flanderise her. I think she's the char that gave the writers the greatest headache - they often failed to do her justice when she was a background pony.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

like a drama vampire I am here! Wait a sec!

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.93dd63a2fedb0fcda587021ff6f06794.png

*zooms in*

nuu I have tasted stale drama :P it burns!

(btw this is a reference to Interview with a vampire - such a good movie

I didn't know this thread was that old :blink: I can't even remember how I found it.

Pinky isn't anywhere near the most hated out the MLP cast I don't think. Now... she does have some episodes that kind of messes her up a bit but those are few and far between. Some people also tend to gravitate towards negative showings over the positive ones as well... to the point where one bad episode knocks her out of favor. It's not a big group of people though. Very few people who watch the show dislike her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few people out there who do not like or hate her, but I don't see that she would be the most hared character. I really don't know where one can that idea just on the opposite: I see many people who like and love her. I don't think she's by any mean the most hated character. As for every character else there are people who like/dislike her in varying degrees.

I personally love her like each and everyone else of the mane six even if she's not on spot #1.

I genuinely haven't really seen all that much hate for Pinkie. I'm sure it exists, but I'm willing to bet that it's the vocal minority.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...