Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RIP Sean Connery.

CastletonSnob

https://variety.com/2020/film/actors/sean-connery-dies-oscar-winner-and-james-bond-star-dead-at-90-1234820498/

Sean Connery, the Scottish-born actor who rocketed to fame as James Bond and became one of the movies’ most popular and enduring international stars, has died. He was 90.

Connery, long regarded as one of the best actors to have portrayed the iconic spy, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2000 and marked his 90th birthday only in August. His death was confirmed by his family, according to the BBC.

2020 officially sucks.

I woke up 5 minutes ago all restless and that was the headline I was greeted with on my news feed. :(

I figured he was too old anyways, but I was hoping he could do a final James Bond film where he passes on the torch or something. Also thought he'd be great for a role in a set of movies about Russian leaders, with him playing as Lenin.

@zerox Fairwell to the last dragon.

Edited by SharpWit
Grammar
  • Brohoof 4

It definitely took me by surprise that it happened but then it was something that we all knew would eventually happen. I was hoping he would've lived to the age of 100 and perhaps acted in a few more movies during that time to solidify his legacy even further.

I remember when he played Ramses in Highlander. Thought it was funny that a Scotsman was playing an Egyptian while Frenchman Christopher Lambert played a Scotsman. Sounds like he had a blast working on that film. 

Rest In Power, Sir Connerey. 

article-1372700-0B68844200000578-211_296x290.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Now this IS a face and name well known to me. Time passess mercilessly and there's nothing we can do about it. This was a top class actor, nothing less to say. A lot more. So many classics and top notch movies starring him, I thoroughly enjoyed most of them. And his acting obviously made it better. Not to mention that he never lost his touch over all those years, he had this profession in blood as the movies have proved.

That's a big loss.

• Brohoof 3

This is really sad news. I love Sean Connery. Besides his iconic role as Bond he was also the father of Indiana Jones; my favorite of his roles. He was unique, talented and a great human being who brought a lot of good to his many fans. I didn't realize he was 90, but I'm glad he remained with us for so long. Truly, it's never really long enough for us who love the man and his work. 

God bless you, Sean. You will be missed. 

• Brohoof 1