Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is stronger, Rainbow Dash or Applejack?

Azureth

Who is stronger?  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Who is stronger?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Applejack

Remember that scene from the Season 7 finale where Applejack catches and then sends a massive boulder flying with her backhooves? RD's strong too, but I don't think she could pull something like that off. Definitely putting my money on Applejack.:bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

Please not that, in the past, threads created of this same topic have gone south quickly with users getting quite aggressive toward each other. This thread will be monitored.

Apple jack... easily... multiple episodes proven this. I think an argument could be made about twilight being the physically strongest but that's just me.

I also want to note that the main 6 are probably a good deal stronger than most ponies on average to the point that regular ponies can't compete. For example, Rarity isn't especially known for her magic like twilight and starlight is but if you compared her magic to a regular unicorn... I believe she's way stronger.

Depends on the episode and story writer.

But as a generic answer, I would go with Applejack because she is an Earth Pony, and does hard heavy work without magic or rainbows/wings

Applejack for sure.  Not only does she have the intrinsic strength of an earth pony but she's a farmer to boot and heavy manual labour is a big part of her daily routine.  Rainbow Dash may be faster, more agile, cooler, better looking, more charismatic and significantly more awesome... but Applejack is definitely stronger.

• Brohoof 1

Generally, Applejack, so I voted for her. However, if RD kicks someone while performing a sonic rainboom, the kick will theoretically be more powerful than any of AJ's bucking (but will probably end badly for Rainbow herself).

AJ definitely has stronger hind legs while the front ones are debatable(RD did beat her in hoof wrestling in S1 although in the majority power related confrontations they seem tied or AJ has an advantage). Overall, I will give the edge to the apple mare. 

On 11/1/2020 at 5:26 AM, Splashee said:

Depends on the episode and story writer.

But as a generic answer, I would go with Applejack because she is an Earth Pony, and does hard heavy work without magic or rainbows/wings

Her EG counterpart, even before she got her charm necklace thing, had been able to lift heavy things on her own that would normally require two people. She demonstrates the same thing as a pony when she bucks apple trees or carries a ton of baskets on her back.

Rainbow Dash is definitely faster, but not stronger. Even with the different writing across episodes there aren’t too many moments that I can recall where Rainbow shows any brute strength outside of using her wings.

Well, if we are talking regular hoof strength than I'd say Applejack. She simply uses her hooves more more strength inducing things like hauling crates of apples, or bucking trees. So for raw hoof strength, I'd say applejack is stronger.

Though, if we add Rainbow's wing strength, then she seems really strong. One would assume that being able to fly that fast would mean she has a high wing strength; such strength to rival the strength of Applejack. Although, since AJ doesn't have wings herself, you can't really use that as a point of comparison (comparing the strength of EP and pegasi is kind of hard due to this).

That being said, AJ may be stronger, but RD is by far more athletic.

• 9 months later...

Well .. as far as I understand this magical place of Equestria by now: The three pony tribes have different properties. And for Earth Ponies it was strength for farming the land. The show depicted that also very clearly. Additionally AJ ist not just any Earth Pony but one who is hard working on a farm. From these points I would definitely think AJ is the stronger one, but hold your horses because RD is also not any Pegasus. She's an athlete, very well trained and strong herself and she has and can compete with AJ but in pure strength AJ seemed to be stronger one. On the other hoof pure strength is not the only thing that matters for example speed and that's definitely RD's field of expertise. 

• Brohoof 1