Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mlp video games good or bad idea?!?

Rainbowdash69

The only pony video game there is officially is that mobile game that keeps making you pay money for more characters. If you want fan made pony games, there's a nice selection to pick from.

• Brohoof 1

I mean I still loooooooove the show to death and that will never change its just that skyrim and fallout 4 both have the can mod crimes against nature which let u play as a mlp character but it's not the same 

Skyrim being an open world rpg with thousands of quests and mods to keep you busy and fallout 4 being open world shooter rpg being the same as skyrim just doesn't do it for me anymore 

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Rainbowdash69 said:

I mean I still loooooooove the show to death and that will never change its just that skyrim and fallout 4 both have the can mod crimes against nature which let u play as a mlp character but it's not the same 

Skyrim being an open world rpg with thousands of quests and mods to keep you busy and fallout 4 being open world shooter rpg being the same as skyrim just doesn't do it for me anymore 

You should check out Pony Fantasy 6! It's just Final Fantasy 6 with MLP sprites modded in but the dialogue is edited so everyone is in character and its the closest we get to a full MLP epic! 

Super Lesbian Horse RPG also is really good if you don't mind the plot being totally crazy~

I think it would be a great idea if they were done well. A really good MLP game might even get me into gaming, which would be quite a trick. Now, if it goes into VR and makes it a truly immersive pony experience, I'd pounce on that!! 

• Brohoof 2

Any games made out of cartoon franchises are bad, or was it the opposite? I forgot.

As for creating games based on MLP, there are a few difficult stuff that needs to be solved, unless you just want cute ponies but no good gameplay, such as how to control 4 legs, etc

• Brohoof 1

It's a shame because the world of FiM could lend itself to a fun game, whether it be something of a turn-based RPG or a platformer. Unfortunately it's My Little Pony so coming by a developer that'll care is gonna be nearly impossible to come by unless they're big fans themselves. Wayforward expressed interest in doing a game but unfortunately I think that ship has long since sailed

44 minutes ago, Funtime Splashee said:

Any games made out of cartoon franchises are bad, or was it the opposite? I forgot.

There's plenty of great ones, but unfortunately they tend to lean on the bad side. For every game like Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Simpsons Hit and Run, Transformers Devastation, you'll have 3 like Sponge Out of Water, Simpsons Wrestling, and Beast Wars PS1

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Megas said:

There's plenty of great ones, but unfortunately they tend to lean on the bad side. For every game like Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Simpsons Hit and Run, Transformers Devastation, you'll have 3 like Sponge Out of Water, Simpsons Wrestling, and Beast Wars PS1

Which ones were the great ones? I see you have the knowledge!

As for MLP games, I wish to create one myself one day, but I am struggling with the 4 legs thing. There is a reason Yoshi (Mario franchise) only have 2 legs :Thorax:

16 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Which ones were the great ones? I see you have the knowledge!

The first 3 games I mentioned(BfBB, H&R, Devastation) are the great ones, though they still have their fair share of good games(Spongebob Movie, Simpsons Arcade and the 2007 game, War for/Fall of Cybertron, Armada 2004). There's also plenty of great games from other cartoons, South Park Stick of Truth/Fractured But Whole, Dragon Ball Z FighterZ(Yes I'm throwing Anime in there), Budokai 3/Tenkaichi 3, Legacy of Goku 2, Ducktales NES and Remastered, X-Men Arcade, Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, Spiderman PS1, TMNT Turtles in Time, Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon(Arcade) and Sailor Moon Another Story are some of the more notable ones. There's even good games some people haven't though much of until they tried them for themselves like Kim Possible What's the Switch, Adventure Time Christ Why is this Name So Long!, Tiny Toons Adventures NES, and Rocket Power Beach Bandits(yes Rocket Power had a pretty fun game, I'm actually currently playing it). Heck, find any cartoon game from the 8/16-bit eras by a Japanese dev like Capcom or Konami and chances are you have a keeper.

And hell, if even Rocket Power can manage a decent game, there's no reason MLP can't

Edited by Megas

Official games made out of show's are usually crappy, but fan games are always created with passion and love (and bad technical stuff usually). I'm following The Ponies (ponified Sims) and Fallout Equestria projects now and things are pretty good so far

On 11/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, Splashee said:

As for creating games based on MLP, there are a few difficult stuff that needs to be solved, unless you just want cute ponies but no good gameplay, such as how to control 4 legs, etc

Overmare Studios (Fallout Equestria development) posted the whole article about handling such stuff. AFAIR they used some custom IK and collider for characters

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Vefka said:

Overmare Studios (Fallout Equestria development) posted the whole article about handling such stuff. AFAIR they used some custom IK and collider for characters

It is one thing to make them stand or walk on flat ground, but I wonder what happens to ponies when they "stand" on their front legs and have their back legs out in space? Not only does it look funny, but how can front legs hold up the rest of the body without making them look like a circus act. Very difficult to solve and still look "ok"

• Brohoof 1