Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Memories

Princess Luna

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Oh, anything special that happened?

I only saw a very biased documentary full of body pillows (for the 2019 one) :sealed:

It was an incredible experience. The energy in that convention center was like a tsunami of emotion. I've never felt anything else like it. And having Bonnie (G1) and Lauren (G4) in the same room together. So much wow. And the memorial shrine that started out small and just kept growing throughout the weekend. So glad I went there, despite it being the supreme overlord of all linecons. 

Reigning over the forums (jokes!) and improving my sewing skills because of that. Going from pones that can barely stand to my flootershy plush.

9CB9B6E6-7CCC-41F5-B160-06407631532D.jpeg

2AED344D-575D-40B0-B9F4-FD83C9510EDF.jpeg

And the conventions. I went to a lot of pony cons. Some easier to get to than others. A lot of us descending on California’s Bay Area, perfectly accessible for me at the time, and some great people went, and some not so great people went, but my highlights being @Jeric and her fabulous kids, and sharing a room with @Fhaolan who was fastidiously tidy, while my husband and I were slobs.

Then at the last second before the last Bronycon, my husband said you need to go, we don’t have the money, but it’ll be worth it, go, have fun, spend no money. I finally got to meet a ton of people I had thought I never would, shenanigans ensued, no names. But I do have (on my computer) an artists rendering of 3 idiots losing their shit at the airport.

14 hours ago, Splashee said:

Oh, anything special that happened?

I only saw a very biased documentary full of body pillows (for the 2019 one) :sealed:

There was massive crowds and the energy was amazingly positive. Didn't run into a single jerk and was able to chat with almost anyone 

I was getting up to be there by the tkme things opened at 7 or 8 am and not leaving until stuff shut down at 1 or 2 am or so most nights. I had people from the forums trying to find me for badges and prizes.

I got to meet many awesome forum members. In summary it was one of the best times I've ever had.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Jedishy said:

In summary it was one of the best times I've ever had.

I can imagine that. I have had similar times when I have been to events with friends, that I could consider being the best times I ever had as well.

8 hours ago, Forbidden Gummy Bear said:

, and sharing a room with @Fhaolan who was fastidiously tidy, while my husband and I were slobs.

You were no where near as bad as that. :)

I did enjoy that con. I've been to so many over the years as a performer or vendor, it was nice to be at one just as a patron. My biggest memory of that con was my Starswirl costume; everone knowing where I was at any moment due to the jingling of those stupid bells, having to be bent over most of the time to keep the ridiculous hat from hitting the ceiling or door frames, etc. :)

• The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was unpinned