Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books What will you use as Horcruxes?

PCutter

• The title was changed to What will you use as Horcruxes?
32 minutes ago, PCutter said:

It'll certainly be among my prized possessions.

Don't know which yet.

You sound as though you’re actually going to make Horcruxes. :dash:

…Anyway, if I were to do that, I would pick a family heirloom, a metal wishbone, a gold-colored letter opener, a pin shaped like a fish, or my oldest stuffed animal. 

Are my dog's ashes an acceptable answer? They're personal and I'm not sure how you'd destroy them unless scattering them to the wind is sufficient? In that case bad choice.

People have the right idea with a rock but I want to balance practicality with storytelling. Perhaps one of my silver coins and hide it somewhere out of the way but cool and significant to me? I think one of the mountain trails I've been on would suffice.

• 4 weeks later...

I have way too many things I could use as a Horcrux, but maybe my PC, or else one of my many plushies. Though, if I weren't a madman with delusions of grandeur I'd go for something that no one would find, like a fallen leaf or something, or a pebble.

34 minutes ago, KatonRyu said:

I have way too many things I could use as a Horcrux, but maybe my PC, or else one of my many plushies. Though, if I weren't a madman with delusions of grandeur I'd go for something that no one would find, like a fallen leaf or something, or a pebble.

Here's a fun idea for a magical hack. Don't make the PC the horcrux. Make it a completely benign computer virus that does nothing but replicate itself to every PC it can find, and then release it into the wild.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, BornAgainBrony said:

Here's a fun idea for a magical hack. Don't make the PC the horcrux. Make it a completely benign computer virus that does nothing but replicate itself to every PC it can find, and then release it into the wild.

I like the way you think, though a computer virus created by using essentially the darkest magic known to man seems like it's not that benign to begin with. And since it would contain my soul, it would probably go mad with power, try to become some kind of Skynet, and then take over the world, only to fail because I'm extremely inept and would probably erase my own programming, or something.