Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

news RIP Alex Trebek

TheAnimationFanatic

A great host, one of the best. He struggled with cancer for a long while and we were all rooting for him, so it's sad to see him finally go. His legacy will live on.

• Brohoof 2

Not the kind of news I wanted to see after yesterday, but unfortunately with cancer at his age it was only a matter of time. Jeopardy! won't be the same without him as he made the show great, but his legacy will live on. Wishing his family the best

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Megas said:

Not the kind of news I wanted to see after yesterday, but unfortunately with cancer at his age it was only a matter of time. Jeopardy! won't be the same without him as he made the show great, but his legacy will live on. Wishing his family the best

It appears that even when 2020 gives us a good thing, it comes with strings attached. 

• Brohoof 2

This is just one reason how impactful Alex Trebek and Jeopardy! have been on people.

Jeopardy! is one of the all-time best game shows, and Alex Trebek is an icon. Really heartbreaking to find out he’s gone. :( He’ll be greatly missed.

• Brohoof 2

I was surprised that he had passed away but then, sadly, this was something that we knew was going to happen. After all, Stage 4 cancer is most often fatal and those who get diagnosed with it in any of its forms have roughly a year to live before it takes them. Jeopardy will never be the same without him. Even now, watching the current episodes is going to fill really awkward given what has happened.

Still, he will be remembered for all the good he did in the world.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the most recent episode of Scooby Doo, Guess Who? titled "Total Jeopardy". It was rather silly, but I bet Alex Trebek had a lot of fun supplying his own voice. Like I said, it was silly, but somehow a very loving tribute to him. RIP, Alex.

• Brohoof 1