Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I award other people?

Props Valroa

To view all awards, you can head to Awards page (accessed from the Forum+ submenu OR by typing in /awards at the end of URL if preferred (as in: mlpforums.com/awards)).

If at the moment there are awards available to be given to other users, these will have NEW AWARD buttons next to them. beEWGks.pngHowever, these buttons do not appear in mobile view, which often is the source of problems and confusion from users' side. "Giveable" awards usually, if not always, are related to events, so the Forum Events section is the first place you'll most likely be notified, that there are awards to be given. It would be best if Event Coordinators would include a direct link to give someone an award in the opening posts, but if no links are provided and you happen to use a mobile device, feel free to ask for one in the thread and someone will eventually post one, whether users or staff.

1KHxxtz.pngNote, that users can have only one of each award, so you won't be able to give someone one, if the user already has it.

Other than that, there are awards, that you obtain for participating in events - answering the trivia questions, for example. Some of the awards have notes related to how to obtain them in their descriptions if you'd like to view some examples.

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Califorum said:

@Rikifive

Can you take a screenshot of where they are / the button I need to press? I can't find it.

I'm not certainly sure to what exactly you're referring to, so from the beginning:

GOING TO AWARDS
PC

Spoiler

L1WM1B3.png

MOBILE

Spoiler

Open the user menu in the upper right corner then tap Forum+
rp1nJrv.png

-and tap Awards
kKMh4N2.png

Categories will be displayed and Event Badges usually have the ones, that users can give to each other.

Now on the list with awards there will be NEW AWARD buttons next to ones, that can be given:

PC

Spoiler

L16dlbH.png

MOBILE - Medium (Tablet) View

Spoiler

There's no button. What's more, the "Awarded" counter seems to be bugged.

uMktD3l.png

MOBILE - Small (Phone) View

Spoiler

No button; No "Awarded" counter.

FJxLwM1.png

If your mobile browser supports displaying sites in 'pc version', you can try switching to that one to be able to see these buttons on mobile. For example, Chrome allows you to switch to desktop version in the upper right menu, it's just a matter of ticking on/off an option on the fly.

If you can see a proper number in the Awarded counter (using large view) and you don't see a button to give a badge, then it isn't available to be given.

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked