Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where would you flee too?

Props Valroa

Lets say the world is about to go to hell, or your country will go through something really bad. You are given 7 days to flee somewhere, you can take your family, friends, and whatever you can get your hands on in those 7 days. Where would you flee too?

As for me I would be taking my computer, my valuable possessions, any food or water materials I need, my friends and I would flee to one of the following places. 

1. The Blue Ridge mountains. Somewhere in here is good for me. Maybe a lodge or I could set up a tent or some shelter with friends in the mountains and get away from all the major cities.

Appalachian_map.svg

2. Adirondack High Peaks region. If I had to go somewhere on a short-notice, I would flee into the Adirondack mountains as they are very close to where I live. Same thing as number 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_High_Peaks

3. On or around Mount Washington. This is a beautiful mountain, covered in white snow, the highest winds recorded in the world outside of a hurricane or tornado. If you wanna avoid man-made disasters, go to the most inhospitable place for human life and most sparcly populated.

White Mountains 12 30 09 81.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Wouldn't go very far, that's for sure. The three biggest disastrous events that could take place around my home of Washington State is Nuclear Armageddon, Yellowstone blowing up, and the mega earthquake we're overdue for refferred to as the "BIG ONE".

My current residence is out of the immediate range of nuclear targets and we're not in the way of any fallout paths that I'm aware of. Near enough to ports where we could potentially be evacuated elsewhere, my guesses being Canada, Mexico, and Australia, assuming they weren't involved, but that'd really be beyond my choice by then. With no foreign aid, my plans are to still stay within my county.

Yellowstone is similar in many ways, but it's a guarantee that we'd be blanketed in thick ash. At the very least, we're closer to the edge of the zone than most, so we have some possibility of making it up to northern British Columbia before it gets too crowded.

I live on the second floor of a three story building that was built within the last 2 years, and with about 3 months of food. I have faith that the importance and diversity if my states major industries have enough invested into them or are secure in of themselves that they'd bounce back from such a massive earthquake. I estimate 3 months of hell before having reasonable access to electricity, functioning though limited road networks, and the return of our regular supply chains.

As a bonus, for Zombies I would go to my former first High Scool.

Well, if getting out of the country was an option, then Canada. It's always felt like a second home to me ever since I first visited at the age of 12. Probably the mountains of British Columbia outside of Vancouver. Either that or Newfoundland; such a magical chilly island; really harsh weather near the coastline, but it's absolutely beautiful.

If I couldn't leave the U.S. I'd either have to find someplace underground (preferably caverns, not a bunker) or get as close to the northern border as I could. In an apocalypse I'd be shaking my first at the sky all summer (which in many parts of the U.S. lately, lasts 9 freaking months) because my heat tolerance is utter garbage. Most people know how to make fires to keep warm, but if the electric is out (which it probably would be), air conditioners will be the first thing I notice is really missing. I'll put up with roughing it, hunting and cooking my own food, but keep me away from the darned heat.

17 hours ago, Califorum said:

3. On or around Mount Washington. This is a beautiful mountain, covered in white snow, the highest winds recorded in the world outside of a hurricane or tornado.

That works too.

If I had to flee the United States, then my three preferred picks of where to go would be Canada, New Zealand, or Japan, taking my family, laptop, phone, and whatever necessities needed for the trip.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

Well my country is GOING through some really bad shit, so I have been actual thinking about this
My main options are Netherlands, New Zealand, and USA

USA is one of the worst places you could go, I'd wanna flee from it.

3 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Preferably the Moon, if not further.

If taking space into account I would want to flee to Pluto.

If I had the chance to flee the country, I'd definitely want to go to Canada. Specifically Southeastern Canada, where the climate is perfect. If I had to chance to flee even my state, I'd prefer to go to one of the New England states. My state supports the most disgusting of people, it is a deplorable state. I'm ready to move somewhere nicer.

23 hours ago, Envy said:

If I had the chance to flee the country, I'd definitely want to go to Canada. Specifically Southeastern Canada, where the climate is perfect. If I had to chance to flee even my state, I'd prefer to go to one of the New England states. My state supports the most disgusting of people, it is a deplorable state. I'm ready to move somewhere nicer.

Which state do you live in? Just curious.

36 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Which state do you live in? Just curious.

Oklahoma... *sighs* The only thing good about living here is the cost of living.

4 hours ago, Envy said:

Oklahoma... *sighs* The only thing good about living here is the cost of living.

Because nobody wants to live there :P . Tornadoes, boomer sooners, politics, you name it :wacko: . Although OKC sure does have some... few decent areas. Also Whiskey Cake oh gosh delishus as eff :scoots: .

No plans on leaving :U ?

If the world was going to heck, I’d be screwed regardless of where I went, wouldn’t I :maud: ? How bad is it?

Edited by WWolf