Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What shows did you watch this year?

Cagey

Like some people, I’ve had an unprecedented amount of alone time this year, so I had an excuse to catch up on things I hadn’t watched before, as well as shows that were currently airing. I watched the following:

• The Legend of Korra
  • The Dragon Prince
  • Bojack Horseman
  • The Good Place
  • Carmen Sandiego
  • Infinity Train
  • Death Note
  • The Owl House
  • Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

What have you watched this year, if anything?

• Brohoof 2

There's a lot that I need to watch, but the only one this year was Stardust Crusaders from Jojo. Still haven't finished it. Honestly the insanely immature humor really put me off and I've struggled to continue. Luckily I've heard there's not much of that left and then the real action begins. Why the Japanese feel the need to put in such terrible and low brow humor in a very mature rated show is far beyond me. 

I'll also be watching the final season of Attack On Titan when it premieres next month, as much as that pains me. Really wish it wasn't ending at just the 4th season. Feels like there could have and should have been so much more.

• Brohoof 1

As usual, I was late for most shows, so this year I watched a lot of stuff that had been released years ago, but also some new things:

Band of Brothers – a very powerful viewing experience. So many great actors launched they career in this series. Having real WW2 veterans sharing their memories before each episode was a nice touch.

The Boys (season 2) – not as good as season 1 (because novelty is gone, I guess), but still a quality series with many satisfying moments.

The Mandalorian (season 1) – I liked that it’s a simple show with simple stories, just like the shows I grew up on. Not a masterpiece, but I enjoyed it.

Doctor Who (series 12) – very disappointing, apart from a few episodes.

After Life – the best show I’ve seen this year. It’s funny’ it’s sad, and it’s short. Just like life.

Good Omens – a very uplifting series about the last days before the end of the world, and an unlikely friendship between an angel and a demon.

Cobra Kai – finished season 2 today. Surprisingly good and enjoyable. It’s been a long time since I saw something that good about martial arts.

Cartoon series:

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power – the best animated series I’ve seen this year. For a long time I had been hesitant to watch it, but when I started I was hooked and binged it all in a week and a half. One of those shows where even villains are extremely likeable.

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure – I wanted to quit in the middle of season 1, but gradually the show got better, and I enjoyed every next season more and more.

The Owl House – a very cute show with Gravity Falls vibes. Can’t wait for season 2.

Also, I rewatched all 10 seasons of Adventure Time after they announced that new episodes were coming this year. It’s still great!

• Brohoof 2

Spongebob Squarepants

The Loud House

The Casagrandes

It's Pony

Paw Patrol

Blaze and the Monster Machines

Blue's Clues and You

Ryan's Mystery Playdate

Santiago Of the Seas

Henry Danger 

Young Dylan

Danger Force

Side Hustle

Pony Life ( Discovery Family Go app only ) 

Those are the shows are the shows I mostly watched when they premiered new episodes except for Pony Life in which I am only able to watch on the DF go app. 

I haven't had much time despite quarantine and only watched:

• Bojack Horseman (absolute masterpiece and my favourite cartoon)
  • Berserk (another masterpiece, tho new anime adaptation sucks at many points but still watchable)
  • Samurai Jack (interesting show, I already forgot that old cartoon usually had per-episode stories with one simple story behind it and I'm not a big fan of such format, but Samurai Jack has a charm)
  • Brohoof 4

Well I'm a nerd who writes down everything he watches so...

• The Mandolorian
  • Dark Crystal Age of Resistance (I want more!!! :()
  • Locke & Key
  • The Clone Wars season 7
  • Watchmen
  • She-ra and the Princesses of Power
  • Interspecies Reviewers
  • The Expanse
  • The Dragon Prince
  • Monster Girl Doctor

Currently watching

• Westworld
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Dragon Ball
  • Half Demon Princess(whatever the name is)
  • Animaniacs(just started)
  • Brohoof 2

Sofia the First - Just started rewatching this for the first time in months, but just a few episodes here and there. For a kids' show by Disney, it's very well-written and boasts some of the finest examples of character growth. I'd say it tops several Toon Disney shows from back in the day.

Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures - Yeah... not too much to say about this one. Despite its intentions, it's not very inspired. It's kind of soulless, actually. But to its credit, there was this video of Barbie tackling the issue of racism with her black friend.

The Twisted Whiskers Show - Used to be on the Hub with MLP. I saw a few episodes on YouTube, and once you get past the somewhat creepy character designs, its hilarious. Plus, there's lots of familiar voice actors here. I bought the whole series from the iTunes store.

Martha Speaks - I heard Tabitha and Brian Drummond were in this one, that's why I decided to check it out. I wasn't disappointed.

Edited by Sasoriman

• 1 month later...

I watched a lot of older Marvel Shows, this include the live-action " The amazing Spiderman " from the 1970, the live action " The incredible Hulk ", the japanese Spiderman live action series and Mutant X. ( i guess Mutant X is not directly a Marvel Show, it was just made by Marvel Productions ) I also watched Painkiller Jane.

Cartoons include : Spiderwoman, Spiderman ( 1981 ) and The incredible Hulk ( 1982 ).

I also started to watch Big Mouth again, Bojack Horseman and some Anime on Netflix.

I know I’m going to forget some....

Tiny Pretty Things

Beastars

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

American Horror Story

Aggretsuko

Rilakkuma and Kaoru

Ratched

The Order

The Midnight Gospel 

In 2020 (now that it's 2021, still seems no different than 2020 for you people hoping for better) I watched:

• The Expanse
  • Star Trek: Picard
  • First season of American Horror Story
  • Twilight Zone reboot
  • First season of Westworld
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Helluva Boss (only two episodes because that's all that came out)

Decent few others.

Edited by Stolas
  • Brohoof 1

Cobra Kai. I was surprised I liked it so much because I was never a huge fan of Karate Kid, but this show has the goods.

The Mandalorian. Not bad. If you can overlook a few anomalies in content and just enjoy the good stuff it’s a lot of fun. Terrible casting though for one very special character though.  

Animaniacs (the new one). I’ve only watched the first episode (the rest are waiting till I have the time), but it seemed okay. They’re trying and succeeding on some levels, but Animaniacs is a product of its own era, and while it was easy poking fun at the ‘90s back in the day, there simply isn’t anything funny about the 2000s, so they have their work cut out for them.   

Pony Life. Aside from the funky animation style it's pretty consistent and I like it.

I watched The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. It was really, really good. I have been recommending it to a lot of people.