Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are you a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer?

CastletonSnob

Many years ago, I was a hardcore gamer. I bought games as often as I could and even rented a whole bunch back when renting anything was still a thing. In recent years, I've slowly become more casual what with only being interested in specific games that appeal to me. This change also has to do with my own personal issues constantly being an issue.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'd need to know the definition of both casual and hardcore concepts on here.

Let's say that you consider "hardcore" someone who spents most its wake time to playing video games, or those who complete games to 100%.

In that case I wouldn't be one. Can't play all day nor am I interested on completing games to 100% because what matters to me is (most often) the campaign and the unlockables that actually change something (ie. Extra game modes, difficulty or playable characters with different play mechanics).

If you consider hardcore those who have played and beated several games (at least 5 games per year), then I fit the concept.

• Brohoof 1

The whole hardcore concept is annoying cuz what if u were hardcore into mobile gaming generally that is considered casual. And the whole r u a real gamer thing lol

But yeah i just play games here and there. I collect a lot of games on steam tho hahah

I have invested quite a bit of money on high performance computers (or at least they were high end when I bought them), but in terms of time investment I am more casual as I usually spend no more than an hour a day playing games. Though this may change at least for a time in the future as I am considering purchasing a VR kit.

Mostly casual, I'm not that crazy over playing video games like everyday or glue to the screen.

Hardcore before, still hardcore now, but had to tone it down due to work and general lack of time. I do still get extras if the reward is worth it, or simply the quest itself is fun

• Brohoof 1

Casual. I still enjoy games, but I don't play nearly as much as I used to. I don't even play that many RPGs anymore, since a lot of them require you to sink in so much time to even finish the game.

I used to be a hardcore gamer and couldn't live a day without playing. But I grew up, became busier with studying and now I only play on weekends from time to time

Tho I was and still very involved in gaming industry

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

My days off or days when I don’t have much to do I can and have played for a...good chunk of the day. Almost the entire day. 

That being said I’m not a 100% complete sort of person. So while I can and do play for a long time I don’t feel the need to 100% things.