Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are you a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer?

CastletonSnob

It depends on the video game. I am a hardcore Pokémon and MH:OJ gamer but a casual gamer when it comes to Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a casual gamer, not big on video game much, play mostly football/soccer games, wrestling games and Spyro, little bit on others. But since 2018 started playing Sly Croopers series then Spyro remade games arrived but then stop then somewhere last year started playing Watch Dogs legion, Life is strange games and Batman TellTale. Now I'm playing Cyberpunk. Glad back on video game do miss it but was playing football manager 2020 since late 2019.

Edited by Derpy Man

I guess I used to be more hardcore (played lots of competitive games and ranked matches), but not so much nowadays. For the most part I just play PvE games, and the few PvP games I play are pretty casual, being MechWarrior Online and the occasional aram match in League of Legends.

In general, I consider myself more the casual type but this also depends totally on the game. For few games I can go hardcore, but those games are few and far between.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say I'm casual. I do not play video games that much and when I do, it's on "normal" difficulty (that is, whatever difficulty level appears to be the default). I do not really do 100% completion or chase achievements, I'm more interested in the story. 

I prefer PvE instead of PvP. Coop games like the Borderlands series are fun to play with a friend.

Casual, definitely. Aside from Dark Souls and racing games, I don't play a single game without cheating, and even then I had to watch a playthrough of Dark Souls to get into it. I play games to relax, and for the story, not the challenge.

What exactly counts as hardcore gamer?

If it means beating a game to 100 % completion, than yes, i actually did it with most of my games. But i would never actively search for diffiult games since beating a game to completion can sometimes take to long or gets really frustrating.

So even though i do that with say my DC games, it is still sometimes a pain for me and not exactly my definiton of fun. However, i take the term  "100 % percent " lightly, since, as long as i beat the game on the hardest mode, i really dont care for a perfect rank. For me its simply enough that i beat it.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...