Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Luna or Princess Celestia?

caesar15

Luna or Celestia?  

82 users have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like most?

• Celestia
    • Luna

I prefer Cadence. Luna, she's been out of the loop for far too long to rule properly, the only thing she seems to be able to do right is warfare, she seems to know a lot about that.

Cadence also seems far younger than the other two, there's... something off about being ruled by a millennium old pony. Something in the way Celestia acts just strikes me as more of a benevolent tyrant than a wonderful leader.

And while I couldn't fine the exact quote, The Doctor says "Sometimes I think a Time Lord lives too long." He also talks about how all it takes is a long life and suddenly you can kill anything without regret.

Maybe I'm looking into this way too deeply. But everytime I see Celestia, I think she has lived for far too long, or at least been in power, for far too long.

I like Celestia as she is in the show, and not what she is in the Fanon. Canonically, Princess Celestia is a good ruler. Kind, sympathetic, understanding, and yet for being royalty she has no problem speaking on the level with others around her. She is the embodiment of temperance, and I can respect this in a leader. However, as in most events, Fanon tends to take control of the mindsets of the fans itself. In this reality we have Celestia has the evil ruler, and Luna as the rebel and the good guy (so to speak). So it's not surprising that I see that Luna is more popular. Luna is the necessary balance, and as such she is very important. Though all the cute "woona" from Season 1 certainly has made it mark on the mindset of our community. Just as much as the image of a benevolent dictator.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Luna is cool and all, but since we barely ever see her, I'm going to have to go with Celestia. She just seems to me like a more interesting character, a ruler who doesn't take things too seriously and is kind of a chess-master. If Luna got more appearances and a more in-depth personality, they'd probably be even.

Can't stand the cult-like worship that some people have for Luna/Nightmare Moon though, that freaks me out.

Cadance, for these reasons.

• She spreads love wherever she goes, something we desperately need in this world.
  • She is the best foalsitter in Equestria.
  • My previous username

I also like Luna mostly because I feel sympathy for her, and I like her colour scheme. I would like to have more reasons, but we haven't really seen much of her character so far. :(

I think this is a hard one to really choose. Like the mane six, picking a favorite seems wrong. Because you need all of the parts to have it work. And since Luna and Celestia are sisters you can't have one without the other. Though, I'm voting Celestia because I love her sense of humor. :)

I like them both because Celestia has moments when she slightly trolls the other ponies but luna in appearance and how she speaks is really amazing.

I like Luna but I never understood the mass following for her. :P

I think it's due to Woona, the cutest pony around.

I go with Luna. She is very pretty and honestly, I can totally sympathize with her. And tbh I think a 1000 year banishment is TOO MUCH IMO. Plus its like...It's hard for me to explain, but if some monster was hurting her people and she had a sad face because she couldn't stop it...it would would somehow inspire me to do the right thing and empower me to defeat the monster(example).

So yeah, I go with Luna.

• Brohoof 1

So who?I say celestia, but lunas not bad either, celestia is more of the benevolent dictator, which i try to be in tropico, but kinda fail at it.

I like Cadence, but haven't seen much of her. So, Luna.

Luna has a better design in my opinion and her concept is way more appealing to me. I've always been intrigued by the night sky and the full moon. Luna fits well to my inspiration for the more gothic parts of poetry as well.