Princess Luna or Princess Celestia?

caesar15

Luna or Celestia?  

82 users have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like most?

• Celestia
    • Luna

Luna, most definitely Luna.

She's perfectly imperfect, the tragic, cursed princess who's jealously and spite forced her to be banished from her kingdom. All because she wanted a little love and recognition from the people whom she believe shunned her creation/magical domain. In my mind, Luna is absolute perfection, the perfect dark princess, the perfect villain, and I can't wait until they give her, and subsequently her sister, a song. My brony-hood will be complete then, it will be over, I'll be comatose from happiness. 

I love her dynamic, I love the fact that she probably is still struggling from a thousand year culture shock, that she's still somewhat feared and resents herself for it, and I love my own personal fanon that Nightmare Moon is something she can still tap into. Luna's sad, willful, confident, and is defiantly the best designed princess. I really want a Alicorn origin episode, or at least a princess origin episode to help fuel my fanatical love for her. She's best princess, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Out of the two I prefer Luna.  I like her character design more and as a character she is more interesting to me.  Celestia is great and all, but I personally prefer Luna more.

Luna is probably my fav, but I gotta go with Princess Celestia.  Don't know why, but I like those "motherly" types when they are done right.  I do feel that Celestia's motherly/protector instincts are spot on, and if you aren't on her bad side, she is a fun loving pony.  It is a dang close one since I like Luna's personality as a recluse and guardian of the night.  Corey Powell's use of Princess Luna as a dream walker for Sleepless in Ponyville was magnificent. 

• 4 years later...

Luna, she works in the darkness and does it all alone. She has been shunned a lot in her lifetime. She went through more pain than Celestia. The only pain Celestia has to go through was having to banish her own sister and YES that is horrible and heart wrenching also very sad to HAVE to do that to your own sister but try to look at the facts. Luna was in even more pain that she went so crazy as to attack her own sister because she was shunned by her and the rest of Equestria. Celestia might have not known she was doing so but she didn't pay much head to her sister emotions. Luna felt so incredibly upset that she went crazy attacked Celestia and the rest of Equestria for being shunned for 1000's of years after seeing Celestia in the "spotlight" for so long. Celestia may have a tough job working around places all day but she gets to interact with others and feel happy during the day time while every body opens up to her more and talks about her more and Luna has to work alone in the dark battling nightmares fighting constantly and she doesn't have any pony there for her in her dreams. and she makes the night because night time is the time of day to relax and be at peace and to prepare FOR the daytime and it duties ahead yet they didn't appreciate that. I hold more respect for Luna sorry. so Luna

Cadance, because she's the most down to earth. But between the two, I probably prefer Celestia, if only because Luna's popularity feels disproportionate to me. But I do find Celestia, with her guarded persona and what I assume to be a lot of concealed pain from the past thousand years. Luna is forced to suffer with the guilt of rebelling over something so petty, and she spent many of those thousand years both trapped in the barren moon and possibly not in control of her own body, but Celestia's regrets and pains feel more grounded to me. 

I go with the tragic backstories because, in pretty much every other regard, I have a hard time choosing between them. Both are great.

• Brohoof 1

I also prefer Luna. She has an interesting backstory and more character imperfections. She can also be pretty funny, as "Luna Eclipsed" shows (especially the royal Canterlot voice :D). And her character design is one of my favorites in FIM (though I prefer Celestia's design to hers in EqG).

As for Celestia, I think her character could be explored a lot more ("A Royal Problem" was a good step in that direction). I think the writers have managed to make her more relatable in the later seasons. I found her quite distant in the earlier seasons, but episodes like "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" (being the only one to laugh at Discord's jokes) and "No Second Prances" (her extreme boredom) have dispelled that notion.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...