Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Bugs Have Invaded Your House?

EpicEnergy

Meadow fleas have invaded my house during the hotter weather. Also daddy long leg spiders. I usually like to keep the daddy long leg spiders around because they seem to keep the large house spiders away. I have an irrational fear of spiders, but I am able to tolerate the daddy long leg spiders. So I rather have them around as a deterrent to keep the larger house spiders away. Only downside is that they leave a lot of invisible cobwebs all over the place.

• 6 months later...

The occasional flies and spiders, but that''s all. We have wasps outside, but that's on the deck up to my apartment, so not in the house.

The usual spiders and flies, more annoyingly so the so called biting midges. I personally don't mind spiders mainly as they control the fly population which are in my mind considerably more annoying given they bite and overall are in more quantities.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In the house I live in, luckily not really any aside from sometimes fleas.

Where I used to live, we got ants, wasps, africanized bees, fleas, flies... Oh and we got plenty of scorpions too.

Edited by Somebody that Exists

At my first house we had an ant problem but the only bug problems since have been spiders, fruit flies, silverfish, bees, flies, and this one weird grasshopper/spider hybrid that a family member claimed to see

• Brohoof 1

There aren’t many in my apartment but the few exceptions are tiny little cockroaches and the occasional spider. We briefly had some ants in the kitchen but took care of that problem pretty quickly. The management here sends an exterminator from time to time to all the apartments so it keeps the bug population minimal. When I lived in the vile Midwest there was a ton of everything that bites, sticks and stings, so I’ll take the cockroaches here and be happy.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We’ve had some ants every few years then fruit flys. Recently we kept getting giant wasp things but we got that under control. (Thank god) then we got earwigs around the front door but we put stuff around the door and ī haven’t seen any of them since. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Mostly spiders. Which I don't mind too much. Used to be stink bugs were super bad here but the past 2 winters there really haven't been that many. Makes me think maybe those invasive bastards are finally dying off at least in northern Ohio.

• Brohoof 1