Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Animaniacs reboot discussion

ggg-2

So is it good? I haven't seen it and probably won't anytime soon as Hulu isn't available in Europe. I loved watching Pinky and the Brain in the late 90s on cartoon network and it still remains one of my favorite cartoons.

Edited by zerox

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

But who really won the election?

Biden. But we're getting a bit off topic.

From the first episode alone I can see that they're trying to get their humor with the what's new in our society now that we live in the information age.

It's pretty good. Some parts weren't that funny to me. Seems like they're trying to be a little too "today".

21 hours ago, Kujamih said:

But who really won the election?

Dot seems to be winning so far.

Edited by Fluttershutter

14 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

It's pretty good. Some parts weren't that funny to me. Seems like they're trying to be a little too "today".

Dot seems to be winning so far.

Better than the shows Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon continue to force-feed us with.

I just started on it. To be honest I never really watched the original (considering it ended about 2 and a half years I was even born) but I'm liking this reboot so far and honestly it's making me want to go back and watch the original show after I finish the first season.

• Brohoof 1

I've already seen 2 episodes of the reboot.  The first being the first episode and the second being the Halloween Special.  If I had to choose which of the two was better, I enjoyed the special more than the premiere, mainly because of the themes, the jokes, and(In rare cases) the heartbreaking moments.

That being said, I hope this series does well so that we can have shorts focused on Slappy and Skippy Squirrel, the Goodfeathers, and Rita and Runt.

I'm nine episodes in, and I'm loving it so far. It helps that a brand new character showed up...Named Cindy! She's adorable!

^_^

I don't want to give any spoilers, but in episode eight, I briefly wanted to KILL Brain. The episode used a trope that I personally detest because I find the concept horrifying. What Brain did, in my opinion, was inexcusable. The below spoiler tells in more detail, so don't click it until after you watch episode eight!

Spoiler

I am not kidding. This is a major episode spoiler! Watch episode eight first!

Spoiler

Last warning! Don't read until you see episode eight!

Spoiler

Brain took a normal female mouse and gave her intelligence to rival his own. In her struggle to free herself from being dominated by Brain, the mind control chip he had also implanted with her, burned out. When Pinky asked whatever happened to Julia, Brain rather cavalierly explained that the chip most likely burned out enough of her brain to return her to being a normal mouse. I hated that smug little B@$tard for that! I am so glad that he was mistaken! The idea of granting someone a vast increase in cognitive ability, and then taking it back, sickens me. The did that in the original Ducktales with Bubba, and again in the new Ducktales with Launchpad. Bubba and Launchpad both willingly have up their new minds. In effect, committing suicide. Brain thought he KILLED Julia's mind, and didn't care one little bit!

I've heard that this show is pretty faithful to the original, Saberspark did a good review on it over on his YouTube channel. I can't say much about it myself though because I haven't watched the show as I don't have Hulu :derp: I didn't even know Hulu was like, still a thing either :laugh:   

On 11/22/2020 at 8:11 PM, Fluttershutter said:

Tbf, that’s not too different from the original show, where they regularly poked fun at current trends and icons, and regularly mocked Clinton and other prominent politicians 

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Megas said:

Tbf, that’s not too different from the original show, where they regularly poked fun at current trends and icons, and regularly mocked Clinton and other prominent politicians 

That is like, exactly what Saberspark said in his video! He doesn't think that's a fault of the show because it's something that they've always done, and even when they get a little too on-the-nose with it, he said they call themselves out. It looks like a fun reboot, Saber said it was done in the right way, unlike that Powerpuff Girls reboot a couple of years ago which was..... not :P 

Edited by King of Canterlot

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I was going to make a topic for this. Thankfully I searched to make sure it wasn’t already done. I rather enjoyed this whole reboot. Gee I wonder who my new favorite character was.