Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Anypony else celebrating thanksgiving alone?

Denim&Venöm

So my dad will be flying out to what will probably be the last thanksgiving his immediate family has before they all move out of the state. I was supposed to join him but my work waited a month to approve my time off and now it'll be too expensive to fly out and basically spend a week shut in at grandmas while her state is still locked down.  

So it'll be just me, my antisocial brother and my handicapped mom who's pretty much restricted to her room. We can't think of any meaningful way to come together without making it difficult for someone else. So it'll just be us eating whatever and doing it alone, like usual. 

How about you? You spending this holiday alone? Lets' all come together here and keep eachother company. 

Since Thanksgiving for us Canadians was last month, I celebrated mine alone, with my cat.  I don't really have many irl friends or close enough relatives to spend time with offline.  I think I pretty much spent the day crocheting.

My parents caught COVID during the summer and while they've since recovered they're still incredibly wreckless and constantly inviting people over and it pisses me off. That said, things might be different as they told me they're probably having thanksgiving alone and not having anyone over especially now that I've been exposed at work

If you’re spending Thanksgiving with other people, that’s not really alone? 

I’ll be all by myself this Thanksgiving since my housemates are heading back home. I’ll be working the days before and after, so I’ll use the day to do homework and study for my exams. Will make some food from another country as usual :nom: 

My stepmother got a broken arm on what her anniversary with my father and he's been home all month long to tend to her needs. Both of them were supposed to be back working their job but all because of her broken arm they had to take the month off. still we're going to celebrate Thanksgiving like we did last year at home with the immediate family

• 2 years later...

Never celebrated Thanksgiving alone so far, but that’s either because I was dragged, or invited. Very unlikely I’ll mind celebrating it alone when that comes to pass, tho :fluttershy: