Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Hailing Frequencies open: Looking for a trekky for a Star Wars crossover

Steel Accord

Pitch: Who remembers this old debate? Death Star vs. the Enterprise? Kirk putting the moves on Leia? Could a lightsaber block a phaser? One thing I never got though was why no one ever dug into the real meat of that divide. There are deeper and more important ideas between the preeminent space operas than which players would win in a fight. So why not explore some of those? In order to do that though, I need a proper counterpart. Not only do I love Star Wars, I'd say I stand with it, the Jedi, and the Force ideologically if asked which of these two franchises I side with. So I'm looking for someone on the flip side of that coin. Someone who stands for Star Trek. Who sincerely believes in the principals purported by the show, creators, Star Fleet, and the Federation.

Setting: Couple of contenders but an AU for both franchises either way.

-The Empire was crushed shortly after its rise by Star Fleet's intervention upon discovering the Galaxy. Where that fits on the Trek timeline(s), I'll leave to you. This leaves the Jedi still scattered to the wind and possibly just as afraid to make contact with each other as under the Empire. What with Star Fleet's ability to sway people to their ideological side and desire to uplift civilizations to their next phase by . . . abandoning certain practices. Hopefully, you get where I'm going with this.

-The Republic is integrated into the Federation and the Jedi Order still stands but they don't integrate into the Federation along with the Republic. Instead, they're now stand apart, hiding in the Galaxy still living as guardians of peace and justice but still of interest to Starfleet.

-Flat out crossover where a Federation Starship ends up in the new galaxy or a Jedi and his companions end up in the Milky Way. Maybe on the "mirror universe" principle of Trek.

Characters:

I'd prefer us both to play original characters. Frees up the plot specifics and allows for a lot of unique interplay not hampered by canon personalities or place in the story. We'd also both be playing multiple characters with you playing the Star Fleet crew with maybe the Captain as the main character on your side. Where canons would show up is in the villains such as if Darth Vader is to make an appearance or maybe one of the Star Trek hostile factions or a particular character you like who isn't as much a personal nemesis to any of the canon crews. I'm trusting your side of the coin on that.

Story:

This relies on a bit of input from your end, as the idea I'm proposing is placing both our characters to debate and defend their unique perspectives of their respective franchises. Ideals that are neither negative but both of which contradict each other in a lot of ways. True good vs. good, white and white morality.

How that comes about though would depend on both our character's circumstances clashing with one another while not necessarily opposing. (Although maybe they do.)

The plot can be whatever we decide it to be but the story is ultimately providing each side a stage to share our worldviews and ultimately reach a compromise.

Minor details:

-Thread based

-1st or 3rd person

-Don't stress word count. Especially since the heavy scenes are meant to be conversational.

-Not meant to be an epic. More like a narrative thought experiment. (Short to medium length RP) Although certainly there can be action, drama, etc. especially if one or more villains show up.

So post here or PM for interest.

48 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Heh. I'm interested but... I'm only familiar with TNG and not too deeply at that, I'm afraid.

That's more than I know so that's fine. I don't need encyclopedic knowledge, just enough so that when you create your main character and a bridge crew (and maybe some villains) it would be authentic.

Would you like to discuss details?

45 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I'm okay with Star Trek. I'm more verse with Star Wars...don't know that much about the Star Trek Universe. 

I'm handling the Star Wars half, which is why I was looking for a trekky.