Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't like how it seems like Lauren Faust gets all of the credit and praise for creating the show

AlicornSpell

Yes, Lauren Faust was the one who created the world and the characters, but without the other people who worked on the show, the show might have not have turned out as great as it did. Keep in mind, Lauren Faust only worked on two seasons of the show and that's it. So that means she isn't the only reason why the show turned out as great as it did. So she shouldn't get all of the credit. 

Amy Keating Rogers

M.A Larson

Charlotte Fullerton

Mike Myhre

Tim Stuby 

Denny Lu

Meghan McCarthy

Jayson Thiessen

Mike Myhre

And so many others deserve some credit and praise too. 

Edited by AlicornSpell
  • Brohoof 6

I do feel we are no one to discuss this as we don't know what really happens behind the scenes and their own life so uh...... I don't really know 

Also who says they are not given the credit

I guess the just show the appreciation and gratitude for what Lauren did for the show

• Brohoof 2

It's an unfortunate commonality for the creator of a beloved property to "take all the credit", but real fans of any work always appreciate what everyone did to make it so great. Seeing people suck up to Faust too much is annoying, but that doesn't make me respect her any less or ignore all the times where fans have taken moments to respect all sorts of people who worked on the show, most notably Amy Keating Rogers, G.M. Berrow, M.A. Larson, and Big Jim Miller.  

• Brohoof 5

20 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

It's an unfortunate commonality for the creator of a beloved property to "take all the credit", but real fans of any work always appreciate what everyone did to make it so great.

Sadly, that's a true fact. Butch Hartman (the guy who created The Fairly OddParents) is an perfect example of a guy trying to take all of the credit for the work that a whole team of people worked so hard on. 

I feel bad for the people who work on something, and then only one guy gets all of the credit for it. 

• Brohoof 2

Lauren Faust deserves a lot of credit for essentially bringing the show into existence, but I think in this fandom we definitely acknowledge the writers, producers, artists and staff members of the show and how impactful their contributions were more so than most! :twi:

• Brohoof 6

14 minutes ago, Califorum said:

How so? I don't know a lot about the show's creators.

You see, Faust stopped working on FiM after season 2's premiere. Afterwards, she was just a consulted through the end of season 2. Then Megan was promoted to co-executive producer by season 3, and she became the head storyteller for both littlest pet shop and MLP FiM. She was in charge of the first 2 equestria girls movies, and she also wrote the MLP movie. She was the writer for Princess Twilight Sparkle, Power Ponies and Twilight's kingdom just to name a few.

All the things that happened and contradicted or fucked up with previously stated lore? She gave the green light for it. Any character or episode you dislike from later seasons? She probably voted in favor of it. A lot of later direction decisions, she was part of it.

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

You see, Faust stopped working on FiM after season 2's premiere. Afterwards, she was just a consulted through the end of season 2. Then Megan was promoted to co-executive producer by season 3, and she became the head storyteller for both littlest pet shop and MLP FiM. She was in charge of the first 2 equestria girls movies, and she also wrote the MLP movie. She was the writer for Princess Twilight Sparkle, Power Ponies and Twilight's kingdom just to name a few.

All the things that happened and contradicted or fucked up with previously stated lore? She gave the green light for it. Any character or episode you dislike from later seasons? She probably voted in favor of it. A lot of later direction decisions, she was part of it.

Twilight should have never been a princess. I don't know what Power Ponies and Twilight's Kingdom are as I don't think I watched those videos. I liked how Sunset was a villain so I can't complain there but the whole school of friendship, King Sombra killed off, fake Grogar, bad Sombra voice and all that is just...awful. 

• Brohoof 4

The fandom doesn't deny the credit everyone else from DHX deserved over its ten-year run. Larson, AKR, Renzetti, Haber, Big Jim, Dubuc, and so many others really helped develop the show, its characters, lore, etc. FIM was a total team effort that never lost its mojo. However, Faust also deserves a whole lotta credit. Hasbro asked her to help turn MLP into something worth watching, and her vision of a high-quality, family-friendly cartoon that did not talk down to young girls became fulfilled.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

I don't know where you're getting the idea that she is "getting all the credit."  From forums to conventions, this fandom has given a lot of credit to all the other writers.

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 6

10 hours ago, ChB said:

I don't know where you're getting the idea that she is "getting all the credit."  From forums to conventions, this fandom has given a lot of credit to all the other writers.

Really? It seems like most people in the fandom were only giving credit to Lauren Faust. 

She was just the first one, there are others too. For example Larson was legendary. When most of the old writers who actually knew the characters  were dismissed the show had lost it's touch with the characters.

Edited by RDDash
  • Brohoof 2

I feel like Bonnie Zacherle, especially in this fandom, doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the creator of the show as a whole. Without her creative input and passion, MLP wouldn't even exist.

• Brohoof 4

20 minutes ago, ManaMinori said:

I feel like Bonnie Zacherle, especially in this fandom, doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the creator of the show as a whole. Without her creative input and passion, MLP wouldn't even exist.

The hay have you been? Welcome back. 

When I read the topic title, Bonnie was the person who popped up in my mind. At least she got some credit in the last few years of the show by being featured in a lot of major conventions, but yeah she's the Gran on Pone and does deserve a huge nod of recognition. 

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

The hay have you been? Welcome back. 

When I read the topic title, Bonnie was the person who popped up in my mind. At least she got some credit in the last few years of the show by being featured in a lot of major conventions, but yeah she's the Gran on Pone and does deserve a huge nod of recognition. 

hn.....harboring a childish grudge against this site and its mods that has long since needed to be put to rest, simply put.

Bonnie is definitely the GrandMare of this franchise. We owe it all to her.

• Brohoof 3

The deification of Faust has really bugged me for a long time, especially when she went on a hissy fit about Equestria Girls and how she has this reputation of leaving stuff due to 'creative differences'. Really, Faust, you were asked to reboot a show that was explicitly about selling toys, and you get mad that they are focused on selling toys? Plus she seems to sneer at the 'tea parties' and fluff of the original series ... and yet the main focus of S1 was a big dance party. She acts as though they are messing up her baby, when really it was never hers in the first place. They took over your MLP fanfic, Faust, perhaps you need to grow up. Oh, and realise Galaxy Girls is never happening, and learn to draw the DC characters less horribly freakish looking.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Stardust Live said:

The deification of Faust has really bugged me for a long time, especially when she went on a hissy fit about Equestria Girls and how she has this reputation of leaving stuff due to 'creative differences'. Really, Faust, you were asked to reboot a show that was explicitly about selling toys, and you get mad that they are focused on selling toys? Plus she seems to sneer at the 'tea parties' and fluff of the original series ... and yet the main focus of S1 was a big dance party. She acts as though they are messing up her baby, when really it was never hers in the first place. They took over your MLP fanfic, Faust, perhaps you need to grow up. Oh, and realise Galaxy Girls is never happening, and learn to draw the DC characters less horribly freakish looking.

Preach! :laugh: but i will admit i liked Faust's drawing....

The dc one is a passish...

I see people talking shit more often than not these days. More people credit the writers that stayed behind after she left as part of the reason for the show’s success(McCarthy, Larson, Polsky, Fullerton AKR, Morrow). But after they all left the show just went down and I wonder if things would have went better had she stayed  

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Stardust Live said:

Not quite anon.

Equestria Girls is a marketing abomination and let's all be honest about it. It sucks worse than the competence it was trying to rip off. Equestria Girls was the desperate attempt of hasbro at taking part of the supernatural highschool trend cake that Monster High reopened just before. But done horribly poorly and through the lowest quality they could, trying to rely on FiM's success and dividing budgets and personel between the two things.

And talking about low quality, eqg had really low standards regarding writing. They played the AU highschool setting in the most generic and uninteresting way, commiting several sins along the way. Just for starters, they played both the "crush on the cool dude and growing sexual tension between them" and the "prom/school dance queen the nerdy dork must win" plots in the same movie. Both things are cliches you'd see in any teen oriented disney channel original movie. The AU equivalents also sucked beyond belief, giving us two queens (and make no mistake, the princess title was given for marketing purposes, their political roles go beyond of that of a princess) to be... principal and viceprincipal. Which raises even more questions, since both Celestia and Luna existed for longer than a millenia, making one wonder how actually old can the principal and viceprincipal be to keep the parallelism believable. Spoiler: they can't, because humans can't live for so long in the way they stablished the human AU and having them live less than that breaks the parallelism due mere logic (if it didn't  already break due the discrepancy between roles in both universes). And what about the names? Another huge problem. It makes no sense in a modern human setting to have people named with the descriptive naming system used by ponies. Not on western cultures, at least. And I could go on pointing out white elephants on why eqg sucks and makes no justice for the source material for a while.

No wonder Faust got pissed off.

As for the grand galloping gala, it had been an actually interesting and natural development that was hinted from the 3rd episode. Leaving the massive event to the season finale with the uncertainty if the show was to be continued was a smart move. Had the show been cancelled, the last episode would have been the conclusion of the gala going wrong and the mane 6 realising they didn't need all that fancyness as long as they had each other. They were friends after a party that went wrong but they still enjoyed their night, going out with a high note. Think about it. "We saved the world and solved several problems together. We finally have a break and our adventures will go on afterwards, even if you don't see it." It was a good episode which didn't focus on merely frivolity, but pointed out their dreams and how reality wasn't what they expected it to be. There was no forced perils on meaningless details, nor giving more importance to a social event than it had and could be believed (see the difference with eqg?). It played the slice of life nature of the event and crashed it within the cartoony innocense the universe allowed. Wasn't a colorful party with the "oh god, help us! A meanie destroyed the cake! Bring another cake and save our party and then we all can have a slice and some tea while we rejoice in the grace of friendship and all things cute!" plot. Neither were they saving the world by winning a dance party. It was just a bad party with your friends and a laugh later somewhere else. The kind of event you will recall years later when you meet with your friends again and have a laugh and some inner jokes.

See my point? Or need I explain it with oranges and apples?

Tl;dr version would go as:

Eqg sucks in so many technical aspects we would need to be hasdrones to cheer for it, and Faust didn't want to be related to such bullshit. Tea parties and dances aren't a bad thing if you don't give them too much importance and if you don't just go preschool on them.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 1

Lauren still STARTED the show, and she paved the way for writers like AK Rogers and MA Larson and Mike Vogel to bring their ideas to life. Does she deserve praise for it? I'm not one for praising someone, but I do give her my heartfilled congratulations for creating this awesome show!

So yeah, her credit is deserved! ;) 

• Brohoof 3

Hey!!! I liked eqg....:(

The toys sucked though... Luckily kotobukiya....

Must buy...

And alot of their songs and remix that i liked is in eqg.... So im thankful eqg was made.

I liked the episode where they were on a yacht and the time loop.

The siren's, their songs and " tricks up my sleeve, and shake things up remix." 

Anyway i consider a show great depending on the ending because the ending defines the show. 

No matter how good you start if you ended bad.... Everything is bad. 

Like steven universe.... They should've ended it.... Oh well....

Faust.. may have started it... But she didn't end it...

Which i give respect to the creator of steven universe... But the series got bad... I think its because of the very long hiatuses... 

• Brohoof 1

On 11/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, AlicornSpell said:

Sadly, that's a true fact. Butch Hartman (the guy who created The Fairly OddParents) is an perfect example of a guy trying to take all of the credit for the work that a whole team of people worked so hard on. 

I feel bad for the people who work on something, and then only one guy gets all of the credit for it. 

Well he got what he deserved now.... Hello falling star/scammer.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:34 AM, Califorum said:

Twilight should have never been a princess. I don't know what Power Ponies and Twilight's Kingdom are as I don't think I watched those videos. I liked how Sunset was a villain so I can't complain there but the whole school of friendship, King Sombra killed off, fake Grogar, bad Sombra voice and all that is just...awful. 

If ahe didn't became a princess... There wont be a starlight..... Because if it was princess celestia... She wouldn't handle it as well as twilight i suppose and who knows?

11 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Well he got what he deserved now.... Hello falling star/scammer.

If ahe didn't became a princess... There wont be a starlight..... Because if it was princess celestia... She wouldn't handle it as well as twilight i suppose and who knows?

No Starlight?