Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shetland Ponies

SkyMame92

• 4 months later...

We had one for about 10 years. I only got to ride her once, mostly due to my parents worry about her attitude. That one ride was during a blizzard and -20 but we had no problems. Smoother than one would have thought. 

I swear she grew hair as fast as you brushed her. Hair and hair and more hair. Then a whirlwind would come around and put hair everywhere. The birds did like it though.

She would also chase the Semi (truck, 18 wheels, etc) when we were hauling hay. Even though she was "only 12" for the 10th year then, she would keep up and pass us at 30 mph before the pasture ran out.

She also served as a "seeing eye horse" for our mule who wasn't blind but couldn't see well at the end of her life. It was interesting how the mule would sit and call for her if she was uncertain on where to go and she would come running and guide her wherever. 

We eventually gave her back to who we got her from as they had other horses(the mule passed away, and animals do get lonely) and knew how to take care of horses better than we did. She lived for another 5 years it sounded like.

She was the color of cinnamon and had a blonde like mane.

Edited by TheGleaner