Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Disney XD is cancelling Ducktales reboot after season 3

ggg-2

The 'low ratings' issue strikes once again. Then again, as @Sparklefan1234 said, three seasons is usually what Disney allocates for a show in order to ensure that it reaches the 65 episode threshold for syndication purposes.

• Brohoof 3

It really is a damn shame, considering that these are more premium cable TV channels.  Disney should have pushed this series more onto Disney Plus instead of stranding it on Disney XD.  This, unfortunately, has me worried about MLP Generation 5 if its only on Discovery Family.  In fact, I actually hope that Ponies exist more on streaming services instead of these more premium cable tv channels.(Be it Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, HBO Max, etc)

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

This was to be expected. Three seasons is usually the maximum Disney shows get. 

Disney only allows for animation to have three seasons. Kim Possible is the only exception I can think of, and that was only due to a HUGE fan outcry. When Kim and Ron kissed at the prom, was supposed to be the last episode.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Disney only allows for animation to have three seasons. Kim Possible is the only exception I can think of, and that was only due to a HUGE fan outcry. When Kim and Ron kissed at the prom, was supposed to be the last episode.

Disney thought KP wasn't all that...but she wasB)

• Brohoof 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

This was to be expected. Three seasons is usually the maximum Disney shows get. 

That and 

Spoiler

Dealing with F.OW.L does seem like kind of an endgame thing

• Brohoof 1

Well, that's a shame... I wish Disney would do a fourth season or movie on Disney Plus, but after all, it's a business. They're gonna do what they think is best in terms of ratings, cost effectiveness, and revenue. Oh well, maybe they'll pull a Phineas & Ferb and revisit Ducktales with a movie on Disney Plus in a few years. I'd love that.

We don't want the show to go on way too long. As long as the third season end with an exciting and heartwarming bang, I'll be satisfied.

And on a side note it's not because of Disney that Gravity Falls ended after 2 seasons; that was at the request of the Creator, Alex Hirsch

2 hours ago, SkyMame92 said:

Wait, people dont like it? Do they even care about other Disney shows? Thats sad though, its a good series!

It's not from low ratings. Disney only plans three seasons for any animated series. Like I mentioned before, Kim Possible is the only exception I can think of. It's ratings were fantastic, and so many fans wanted more. It was granted a fourth season due to public demand. Instead of ending with Kim and Ron kissing at the prom, it went on to end with a great two parter where they graduated high school and saved the world from alien invaders.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

It's not from low ratings. Disney only plans three seasons for any animated series. Like I mentioned before, Kim Possible is the only exception I can think of. It's ratings were fantastic, and so many fans wanted more. It was granted a fourth season due to public demand. Instead of ending with Kim and Ron kissing at the prom, it went on to end with a great two parter where they graduated high school and saved the world from alien invaders.

Technically Phineas and Ferb had a fourth season which started with For your Ice only/ Happy New Year and officially ended with approximately titled "Last Day of Summer"

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Technically Phineas and Ferb had a fourth season which started with For your Ice only/ Happy New Year and officially ended with approximately titled "Last Day of Summer"

I've never seen Phineas and Ferb. Oddly, I did see a couple of shorts with Perry the Platypus. They were funny!