Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elements of Equestria: Chapter 10

DivineMist1000

IMG_2206.thumb.JPG.7386f2308420028a3e7c043587f329f0.JPG

Chapter 10: Burden of the Past

Lee woke up from a little nap he took in the late afternoon and yawned loudly as he stretched out his sore back. As Lee set up in the bed, he could hear the sounds of rumbling coming from outside and looked out the window to see a storm brewing up. Dark clouds gathered together, the wind picked up in speed and with it came strikes of lightning and a downpour of rain. Lee sighed as he saw the storm, hoping it would let up soon.

"Wonder how Celestia and Luna and Twilight are doing... They've probably forgotten all about me by now or hunting me down to lock me away. Either way, I know that I can never go back."

Lee reminisced about the events in the past couple of days and remembered all that Tempest had done for him: Giving him hospitality, friendship and a place to stay. 

"One thing good to come out of all this at least... Tempest really is an amazing pony and friend. I hope I can make it up to her one day..."

Lee's mind wandered on Tempest again and he quietly went over to the door and cracked it open slightly to see Tempest sitting on the couch reading a book. Lee felt himself blushing again as he looked at her and just couldn't shake this feeling inside of him.

"She's done so much for me and I couldn't ask for a better friend. I know that she's been through a lot and I can tell that she's a very strong pony. And... yeah I think she is very... beautiful too. Hehe..."

Lee laid his head against the door and closed his eyes as he thought about Tempest, but the sound made Tempest look up from her book and look towards the door with a confused look. Lee noticed Tempest staring back at him and quickly hid behind the door, but he could hear Tempest walk over to the door.

Tempest entered the room just as Lee quickly sat down in a nearby chair so he wouldn't seem suspicious.

"Lee? What are you doing?" Tempest asked.

"Uhh, nothing... I didn't know if you were still in the living room and I didn't want to disturb you."

"Oh nonsense, you can talk with me whenever you need to. Is something on your mind?"

Lee walked out of the room and stood face to face with Tempest. He sighed as he began to discuss the matter on his mind and walked towards the front door.

"Can we go outside real quick? I know it's storming, but I promise that I won't take long."

Tempest agreed to his request and walked over to him before they both stopped at the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lurking in the bushes near Tempest's house, Storm Breaker was waiting and watching for the moment when Tempest stepped outside so that she could ambush her. Storm prepared herself and let a large amount of magic well up in her horn and her legs shook at the feeling of so much power of her, but she was set on her quest to destroy Tempest Shadow nonetheless.

"Show yourself, scoundrel. Nopony will save you from my power..."

Storm lowered herself back into the bushes and drew her hood as she saw Tempest's door open. She smiled menacingly as she saw Tempest and was prepared to attack when she saw a brown Pegasus pony exit after her and conversing with her. A devious plan came to her mind and laughed a little at her suggestion.

"Ahh, that must be that little friend I saw... Let's see how you feel when I harm what you care about Tempest!"

Quickly, but quietly, Storm moved to the pile of bushes behind the house, but the sound of rustling leaves came to Tempest's ears and she started looking around.

"Do you... hear something Lee?"

Lee looked around too as he heard the same noise, but couldn't find the source of it anywhere. Lee walked away from Tempest and closed to the bushes where Storm was hiding. At the moment Storm knew that Tempest was out of sight, she unleashed a blast of magic from her horn towards Lee.

Before Lee could react, he was suddenly blasted away and slammed into the side of the house, making a load of debris fall over top of him and pinned him under a large beam. Tempest heard the commotion and was horrified by what she saw, but quickly ran back to the house.

"LEE!!! Hold on, I'm coming!"

Tempest managed to run over to Lee, but saw that he was shaking madly and struggling to speak as the electricity was continuing to hurt him. Tempest tried to remove the beam, but she heard another blast of magic heading towards her and quickly dodged it. She looked ahead of her and saw a hooded figure with a dark smile and Tempest looked at her with anger.

"Who are you?! Tell me who you are now!"

The figure laughed and stepped a little closer to Tempest, but this only made Tempest prepare her own magic.

"I don't expect you to remember me, how could you? But I know you very well, Tempest Shadow. You were the one... who took everything from me!! And now... you will pay for your crimes!"

The figure let out another energy ball, but Tempest jumped up and managed to land on the roof of the house, which was now on fire. Tempest retaliated with her own magic and blew the dark figure back towards the trees, but it wasn't enough as she saw the figure rush back towards her. The figure tried to swipe at her with her metal wings, which were as sharp as knives, but Tempest continued dodging until she managed to strike with a swift kick to her side and tossed her into the air and slammed back down with a blast of magic.

After recovering, the figure laughed again and stretched her aching sides.

"Still got some fight in you? Good, at least you'll make it interesting"

"Tell me who you are... NOW!! What in the name of Equestria have I done to you to warrant this needless violence?"

The figure removed her hood and revealed her face to Tempest.

"I am Storm Breaker, from the village of Hydrea! You remember don't you? The village you destroyed, the ponies that you left homeless and defenseless?!"

Tempest kept repeating the name of the village in her head and she finally had the realization: That was the name of the village she ransacked back when she served the Storm King, before her reformation. Tempest looked at the ground in horror and she heard Storm laughing at her.

"Now you remember! You took everything from me: My home, my friends and my hope for this world! Because you, I have nothing but hatred and anger for you. Once I finished you, finally the pain will stop!"

"No, no, no! That wasn't me... All that had happened, I was-"

"Save your excuses, liar! The whole world is so easy to forgive you, but I know who you really are, WHAT you really are: A tyrant. You took everything from me, and now..."

Storm picked up the half conscious Lee from the rubble with her magic and taunted Tempest by swinging him around in the air like a ragdoll, but this only enraged Tempest further.

"...I will destroy everything you care about, starting with this... hehe, pathetic fool of a pony."

Tempest let out a scream of anger and blasted Storm with another ball of magic, making Storm drop Lee and Lee fell onto the ground as Tempest rushed past him and clashed heads with Storm.

"YOU WILL NOT HURT MY FRIENDS!!! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM AGAIN!!!"

Tempest and Storm continued fighting, but Lee slowly raised his head to see the battle going on and could only slightly move and could only say Tempest's name repeatedly. He saw that Tempest was actually losing the fight and that Storm had the upper hand, but it was too much as Tempest tried as hard she could to fight. Tempest stood in place for a second as she caught her breath and felt herself shaking in exhaustion, but Storm slowly approached her and laughed.

"What's the matter? Getting tired? I don't sleep, I don't rest! I just had to wait and watch and now... I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!"

Storm was laughing as she was preparing a very large ball of energy, but Tempest was too beaten to move and simply closed her eyes. Lee saw this and yelled as he forced and mustered all the strength he could to stand up.

"T-Tempest... T-Tempest!!! NO!! NOOOOOO!!!"

Through sheer force of will, with all the pain he had, Lee ran as quick as he could allow himself and managed to push Tempest out of the way just as the energy escaped Storm's horn. Suddenly, as the energy coursed through his insides and revealed his skeleton on the outside, Lee let out a very large scream of pain for many seconds before he stopped and felt his entire form give into the pain and went limp in mid-air.

Lee collapsed face first onto the ground and laid completely motionless before Tempest and Storm laughed in triumph, but Tempest stared at Lee's motionless body for a moment before she actually realized what had just happened.

"L-Lee?! LEE!!! NOOOOOOO!!!"

Just then, out of pure anger and sadness, Tempest stood up and felt as a very large force of energy enveloped her, making her entire body glow and her eyes light up with lightning. Storm looked at in her disbelief as to what was happening, but Tempest screamed to the heavens as the energy welled up in her broken horn. All went quiet for a second before the largest beam of magic ever seen erupted from Tempest's horn and blasted Storm clear through acres upon acres of forest and even halfway through a mountain in the distance.

After that, all went quiet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the amount of magic Tempest had unleashed, she barely had the strength to stand up, but she went over to Lee's body nonetheless and felt tears in her eyes as held him in her hooves to try and wake him, but it did nothing to make Lee move an inch. Tempest hugged him tightly for a moment and felt the tears starting to come out.

"Lee... Lee please... L-Lee..."

Tempest held her hooves against as tears poured from her eyes. She pounded the ground a few times, screamed at the ground and shook her head in denial at what had happened to Lee.

"No, no, no... What have I done?! What have I done? Lee..."

Just then, Tempest heard somepony calling her name and prepared herself for another attack from Storm before she looked above her and saw two familiar ponies in the skies and descending closer to her: Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"P-Princesses?! W-What are you two doing here?" Tempest asked frantically.

Celestia and Luna landed next to Tempest and Celestia began questioning her.

"Ms. Tempest?!... We saw somepony using a very large amount of magic just now... W-Was that you?"

Luna noticed the pony in Tempest's hooves looked closer before and gasped in horror at what she saw and who it was: Lee, not moving and not speaking whatsoever.

"B-By the Moon... Lee?! Oh my goodness... W-What in the name of Equestria happened to him?!"

Celestia and Luna moved closer to confirm that it was Lee, but Tempest only moved away from them and held Lee tighter to keep them from hurting him.

"Don't touch him... DON'T YOU TOUCH HIM!!! He's my friend and I won't..."

Celestia calmed Tempest down and told her that they were friends of Lee's to. Celestia and Luna filled Tempest in on why they were here and she discovered that they were looking for him after he had run away and that they were trying to bring him back to Ponyville, but even after hearing all of this, Tempest still refused to let Lee go.

"N-No... We need to get him a hospital or a doctor o-or something... We have to do something to save him!!"

Tempest tried to stand up but she only fell back down as she was in no shape to walk. Celestia stopped her from trying to get up again and knelt down beside her and placed a wing around her.

"Tempest, stop! You'll only do more damage to yourself! We'll get both you and Lee to a doctor right away, don't you worry. Sister, help me with them please!"

"Of course! Right away!"

Luna gently picked up Lee with her magic and placed him on her back, worrying heavily about both Lee and Tempest. Celestia did the same with Tempest and she laid on Celestia's back with weary eyes, but kept them focused on Lee.

"Lee... Y-You brave fool of a pony... T-Thank you..."

Tempest smiled weakly at Lee and felt herself pass out from all that happened. Celestia and Luna nodded to each other and took off to the skies again with Lee and Tempest barely hanging on.

"We'll make sure they make it through this but... what in the world happened Luna?" Celestia asked her sister.

"I don't know but they're both in safe hooves now."

Celestia and Luna continued flying as they saw the sun finally come out from the stormy clouds, but Luna still held a look of dread on her face as she looked at Lee, not knowing how or what caused all of this to happen... but promised that she would make sure Lee comes through okay.

"We found Lee... and now we'll bring him home, no matter what!"

Finally done with the new chapter! Hope everyone enjoys it!

• Brohoof 1