Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Practice dog adventure comic

Stardust

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This is where i'm gonna post a practice comic (I put another comic I was working on hold for now) in case anyone wants to look and also so I can have them in one place.

Hopefully I will post more lol

Sorry for the crappy anatomy and screwy lineart but i'm trying not to spend too much time on each page X3 I got a good story coming 

You can give tips if u wanna tho just on comics generally particularly tools u use or things to make something more quickly. It's just gonna be very very simple for now. I use medibang

772600626_comicpage1.thumb.png.d450a68b67c6e7ca1e011655684fad84.png

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be better if the framing and compositions were more diverse and dynamic.

For example, the first panel, it would be better if it showed more closely to the dog’s head, the second panel would be better if it empathized the dog looking into a bin. Right now, most panels looks similar and the audience could be very bored with the visuals even if the stories are great and even the individual panels were great. A simple zoom-in would help, and if you would like to put more effort into it, draw it again in a different angle in a way that helps the story. Focus on what the panel is about and avoid repetition.

I suggest reading Scott Mccloud’s book about drawing comic books called Making Comics. It’s written in a comic book form and might be really helpful.

That’s just my advice.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I think it would be better if the framing and compositions were more diverse and dynamic.

For example, the first panel, it would be better if it showed more closely to the dog’s head, the second panel would be better if it empathized the dog looking into a bin. Right now, most panels looks similar and the audience could be very bored with the visuals even if the stories are great and even the individual panels were great. A simple zoom-in would help, and if you would like to put more effort into it, draw it again in a different angle in a way that helps the story. Focus on what the panel is about and avoid repetition.

I suggest reading Scott Mccloud’s book about drawing comic books called Making Comics. It’s written in a comic book form and might be really helpful.

That’s just my advice.

Yeap I know I haven't varied it much but i am planning to do some more zoom ins bit by bit. I did want to do a more sort of overall pan out to begin with but not sure what exactly. I did think oof things are a little too small but I was like ay oh well. 

I have read that book some years ago and it was on my mind just yesterday to read again ;P Thanks for the tips for each panel tho I'm thinking maybe sometimes I can edit the sketches to zoom how i want after I have done them as the sketches can be resized.

Drawing at different angles all the time is difficult to get right however I considered a birds view even at some point but the thing is it has to look okay and integrate well. You see that most people starting out and simple cartoons don't go massively crazy on perspective. Some daily cartoon panels do reuse frames and while it gets boring I think it's alright lol tho it's for a different sort of genre that is very light on drawing so I think it works much better there. But I won't be redoing anything at this point as the point is to keep doing more and not going back (while still reflecting on stuff). So things are probably gonna be inconsistent :P (and even bad but like you gotta do things ya know)

-----

Page 2

412625304_page2.thumb.png.80b8f4e4c4bab8d23551347266ea1a63.png

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I might try and make some more pages soon (once I get a few other things like commisions finished and might work on a warrior cats thing too). Might add a bit more details will see but it will stay black and white and mostly still simple because yeah. 

Mostly just testing out medibang really and seeing what works because I find some of the tools a bit annoying lol So consider this a sort of ongoing art dump. It won't be great stuff tbh but shall experiment a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...