Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have been wondering about that after seeing "The Perfect Pear" but I can guess my theory is that Buttercup and Bright Mac's health have been worse in their final years, with Buttercup dying of leukemia and Bright Mac fatally succumbing to some cardiac arrest/stroke a few weeks apart. Sadly, in real life, people, even in their young age, can die of medical ailments/illnesses, especially parents who just have a kid.

What are your theories/headcanon/something like that on what happened to Buttercup/Pear Butter and Bright Mac?

Since they both likely died around the same time, it seems likely they could have been together in some kind of accident. Otherwise, maybe one died of illness, accident, or health problems, and the other died a short time later from a combination of heartbreak and one of the former. I’m not particularly interested in tragedy, so I’m not giving it much thought.

Or maybe there’s some other Equestria-specific way they could have died. That could make for interesting fanfiction. 

Edited by Cagey
Forgot a scene
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to How did Buttercup/Pear Butter and Bright Mac die?

@raykv423 I shortened the title a bit to show up better on the site. 

To answer your question, we don't know the cause or manner of death for the departed Apples. The probable causes are thought to be a contagious disease, simultaneous illness, animal/creature attack, or accident. Some have thought that maybe Pear Butter passed during childbirth and Bright Mac succumbed to heartbreak. Though that can happen outside of Revenge of the Sith, I am not sure I like that one personally. 

• Brohoof 3

I might have already posted this elsewhere in the forum but what the hey, here's my personal headcanon of how they died which can also tie into my own OC's fictious story :

Now officially within the main show itself, I always thought that the Apple Pearents lost their lives due to exhaustion. While the 3 Apple siblings were still very young, Bright Mac and Pear Butter were captured by the then-unknown Changelings. They eventually had to escape on their own but they still believe the Changelings could be more than just lying and deceitful creatures and may someday discover what real love is all about. In the original I imagine that even when the Apple Pearents escape the hive alone, by the time they reach civilization their life forces were pretty much exhausted; that their fate was sealed and details about their imprisonment and Changelings existence were left untold. At least until the Perfect Pear episode where the the Changeling guarding their prison cell (C. Will in my head fanon) came forward and told the truth to the Apple Family and Grand Pear to the best of his knowledge.

(And by the way in my made-up head fanon, the Changeling who guarded their cell and would one day be named Will Guide would remember them in present day and end up regretting not helping them escape.  With his heartbroken confession at the end of the Perfect Pear, he would actually wonder what might have been if he had escaped with the Apple Pearents together, risking the consequences of disobeying the Changeling Queen, and essentially self-exiling himself from the Changeling Kingdom)

Yes I like to believe that the Apple parents are so good that they never saw their Changeling Captors as evil but a race that might discover a better way to get what they need. No, it's not Stockholm syndrome because they very clearly were planning to get back to their family as soon as possible. They just simply believed that there's more to the Changelings than just being "lying and untrustworthy" shapeshifters. And sure enough by the end of season 6, they were proven to be right when Thorax found a better way of sharing love rather than stealing love, by befriending Spike and the rest of the ponies of the Crystal Empire.

17 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Some have thought that maybe Pear Butter passed during childbirth and Bright Mac succumbed to heartbreak.

That's impossible because in season 9's Going to Seed, they very clearly show that the Apple Pearents were still living after Apple Bloom was born in a flashback. No, if something happened to them, it had to have happened after all three Apple Siblings were born.

Pear_Butter_and_baby_Apple_Bloom_S9E10.thumb.png.2b75f313b73eb7464eaa2034c18aa5e5.png

Edited by Will Guide
A little bit of my head fanon with Changeling Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

Considering the unthought out Romeo and Juliet copy paste, my theory is that one of them faked her death, the other couldn't take it and killed himself, and the first followed suit after realizing what happened.

21 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Car accident. It’s always the easiest answer and it works.

There are no cars in Equestria! Sorry you're going to have to try better than that! :P

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

There are no cars in Equestria! Sorry you're going to have to try better than that! :P

Unless there's some fanfic of it tho but still.

2 hours ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

@raykv423

If you are unsure as to where to place a thread, please ask a staff member beforehand.

Oh, ok, thanks. I appreciate it. If I needed to post a new thread or something, I guess I could ask you in the future. 

Edited by raykv423

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

That's impossible because in season 9's Going to Seed, they very clearly show that the Apple Pearents were still living after Apple Bloom was born in a flashback. No, if something happened to them, it had to have happened after all three Apple Siblings were born.

Pear_Butter_and_baby_Apple_Bloom_S9E10.thumb.png.2b75f313b73eb7464eaa2034c18aa5e5.png

In my headcanon, Apple Bloom is about around 2 years old (in human terms, that is) when her parents died. This is what I am going for, but dang, it's sad to think about it. 

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

There's at least one:

super_speedy_cider_squeezy_6000_base_by_

And then there are these things:

latest?cb=20160807155649&f=1&nofb=1

But they're not common so a car accident is still pretty unlikely. A blimp crash maybe.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Or maybe there’s some other Equestria-specific way they could have died. That could make for interesting fanfiction. 

"Somepony to Watch Over Me" had Apple Bloom walking through highly dangerous terrain to make a delivery. Her parents could easily have done something similar, but not been quite so lucky.

7 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

There's at least one:

Don't forget the self-propelled parade floats from "One Bad Apple". Except those move so slowly that you'd have to do something monumentally stupid to cause a fatal accident with one of them.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

They passed when the great airship, the Hindentanic caught fire, crashed into the ocean, and piled up on an iceberg.

Oh the Dead Ahead! 

4 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

* Wagon accident.

It's quite possible. I know they're just theories/headcanons but considering their young age and if their health seems ok.....

Edited by raykv423

Cone on. People always wanted to know so bad why the Applejack’s parents died, they would have asked Mayor Mare an autopsy report if they could. Why don’t we just ask Applejack about her parents death? Oh wait, that would be rude. Do we really want to be that curious about her parents death? It’s not that weird that we don’t know, and we probably would never know. 

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Cone on. People always wanted to know so bad why the Applejack’s parents died, they would have asked Mayor Mare an autopsy report if they could. Why don’t we just ask Applejack about her parents death? Oh wait, that would be rude. Do we really want to be that curious about her parents death? It’s not that weird that we don’t know, and we probably would never know. 

We could always ask Celestia or Luna. They probably know something.

Maybe they went to a theater with AJ or Big Mac and somehow decided to take the sketchy back-alley way for some reason when their kid was too scared of the play :wacko: ....