Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

3 minutes ago, WWolf said:

Maybe they went to a theater with AJ or Big Mac and somehow decided to take the sketchy back-alley way for some reason when their kid was too scared of the play :wacko: ....

I see what you did here.

You made a Batman reference. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 2:26 AM, Jeric said:

@raykv423 I shortened the title a bit to show up better on the site. 

To answer your question, we don't know the cause or manner of death for the departed Apples. The probable causes are thought to be a contagious disease, simultaneous illness, animal/creature attack, or accident. Some have thought that maybe Pear Butter passed during childbirth and Bright Mac succumbed to heartbreak. Though that can happen outside of Revenge of the Sith, I am not sure I like that one personally. 

Arwen died a few days later out of grief after Aragorn died, since she was an elf she was destined to live as an immortal. 
Oh.. Tolkien's works, Lord of the Rings! :oh_golly:

Anyway I do find it romantic... In LotR's context. Also I read it had to do with elves and their vulnerability to sad hearts.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:53 AM, Gabe Gooding said:

My headcanon is that they died in a Timberwolf attack

Yup, mine too.  I always imagined that they waylaid by timberwolves during an apple delivery to a remote village or something.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:16 PM, WWolf said:

Maybe they went to a theater with AJ or Big Mac and somehow decided to take the sketchy back-alley way for some reason when their kid was too scared of the play :wacko: ....

Wait a minute... are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?!

Spoiler

:ButtercupLaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Derpy dropped a piano on them :derp:

Me (to Derpy): GODDANG IT, DERPY! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT DROPPING PIANOS ON PONIES?! :Cozy::glimmer:

Edited by raykv423

It's never stated anywhere outright in the show, but I believe that it is implied that they have passed away. It would be a little too dark for a kids show for somepony like AJ to go "Hey AB! Guess what!?!? Mom and dad are dead!" :mlp_icwudt: 

This is also why (since it's simply implied that they're passed away and to keep from being too dark) that we'll never know for certain how they died. I suppose it could have been an accident perhaps on their way to make some apple-related delivery to a dangerous part of Equestria, maybe they were attacked by wild animals out in the apple orchard or on their delivery route, it really could be anything.   

Edited by King of Canterlot

• 1 year later...

They actually got the apple blight. Granny Smith only saw of one way to end their suffering.

Spoiler

1268324.gif

Bright Mac and Pear Butter would never leave their family or the farm. I think it happened while they were on Sweet Apple Acres.
Granny Smith is a mare with many secrets. Among other things, she didn't talk about Grand Pear. And she took cash from Spike, which would keep her mouth shut.

Spoiler

Granny_Smith.png

The same way she kept it a secret that she killed Bright Mac and Pear Butter to end their suffering. She knows how to handle the apple blight...and she knows it too well.
My reply is not canon. :squee:

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

They may have gotten that disease from the Meadowbrook episode that slowly turns them into trees.

Imagine if they are the trees that were seen in the end of that episode.

• Brohoof 1

They caught swamp fever when AJ and Big Mac were on some kind of school field trip, and AB was so young she didn't even form her first memories. Only Granny Smith knew the story, until she told them this after the events of The Perfect Pear.

21 minutes ago, -Solstice- said:

Imagine if they are the trees that were seen in the end of that episode.

That would be so creepy, but those were planted onscreen with seeds so who knows what trees they could've ended up as.

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

That would be so creepy, but those were planted onscreen with seeds so who knows what trees they could've ended up as.

If they are trees they can be brought back to life, so it's actually a good thing. 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, -Solstice- said:

If they are trees they can be brought back to life, so it's actually a good thing. 

I never thought of this. I know Mage Meadowbrook had a cure for ponies who were nearly trees, but never full trees. I wonder if Zecora or someone else studied enough if they could revert the trees back into ponies.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I never thought of this. I know Mage Meadowbrook had a cure for ponies who were nearly trees, but never full trees. I wonder if Zecora or someone else studied enough if they could revert the trees back into ponies.

Would be a way to make someone live longer. Make them into a tree, then revert them back at a later date. They likely have a way to do all of that.

• 4 months later...

Considering how overprotective Applejack was in "Somepony to Watch Over Me" it was more than likely they were killed by the Chimera.

On 2021-01-18 at 5:56 PM, King of Canterlot said:

It's never stated anywhere outright in the show, but I believe that it is implied that they have passed away. It would be a little too dark for a kids show for somepony like AJ to go "Hey AB! Guess what!?!? Mom and dad are dead!" :mlp_icwudt: 

This is also why (since it's simply implied that they're passed away and to keep from being too dark) that we'll never know for certain how they died. I suppose it could have been an accident perhaps on their way to make some apple-related delivery to a dangerous part of Equestria, maybe they were attacked by wild animals out in the apple orchard or on their delivery route, it really could be anything.   

I found it pretty odd that Sesame Street was able to get away with saying Mr. Hooper died yet they couldn't do the same with Applejack's parents it didn't have to be graphic it could've been similar to the Sesame Street episode I just mentioned.

they died of inconvenient narrativitis, like Elsa's parents in Frozen :p 

ie an accident.

I choose to believe that they accidentally became too cute and immediately ascended because they are just too heavenly :3    

• 2 months later...
On 2020-12-16 at 7:31 PM, raykv423 said:

I have been wondering about that after seeing "The Perfect Pear" but I can guess my theory is that Buttercup and Bright Mac's health have been worse in their final years, with Buttercup dying of leukemia and Bright Mac fatally succumbing to some cardiac arrest/stroke a few weeks apart. Sadly, in real life, people, even in their young age, can die of medical ailments/illnesses, especially parents who just have a kid.

What are your theories/headcanon/something like that on what happened to Buttercup/Pear Butter and Bright Mac?

They died in barn fire accident when Apple Bloom was a few months old Apple Jack was 1 and Big Macintosh was 3 

• 3 weeks later...

I sincerely doubt we will ever receive the official answer, as that is just too morbid for the writers to talk about even after the series has ended. I wouldn’t expect to see someone of the FiM staff to come forward on social media with the detailed death. Even so, I still wonder. I used to subscribe to the theory that they were eaten by timberwolves but I could also see the cause of death being a barn fire or maybe getting lost in the woods after setting out to buy supplies in another town and sustaining serious injuries via a fall.