Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

@stopdmca

Nightfall Veilwing

Remember when Ajit Pai was the most hated person? Well, there's a new one.
For those who don't know, Thom Tillis, is going to propose a bill that would make using copyrighted material a felony, and those who commit such a crime could face jail time.

#stopdmca is trending, and we need to spread this as much as possible because, if this bill passed, the internet and all of us will be completely fucked!
We to stop this clear abuse of copyright law, and we're short on time!

So, let's spread the word and pray for a miracle.

#stopdmca
(I made this meme, BTW.)
_stopdmca_by_millenniumshadow_dealn19-pr

Edited by Millennium Shadow
  • Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

Yeah, copyright should be much shorter, around the same as a patent (around 10 or 15 years) with no-where as near harsh circumstances

There are some things that should've been in the public domain years ago, like Mickey Mouse, for example.

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

There are some things that should've been in the public domain years ago, like Mickey Mouse, for example.

exactly!

I think that even things like Toy Story, or Bolt should be in the public domain at this point

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

exactly!

I think that even things like Toy Story, or Bolt should be in the public domain at this point

But Disney being Disney, they'd rather keep their copyright grip as strong as possible so they can continue to make that money.

I wonder if Walt would be pissed and disappointed about that?

Walt Disney himself said that Mickey Mouse is family and he didn't want to lose him like he lost Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

While I agree the felony misdeamor bill is as stupid as the SOPA bill, there are some things that should be the rightful property of companies! There's no way that this bill at the top of the page is going to be passed! it doesn't make any reasonable sense even from a business in point of view. If they actually go through with this, practically everybody would be in jail and businesses would make absolutely no money whatsoever and they would end up going out of business and lose all their livelihood as well.

There's no way a poorly written Bill like this is going to pass.

• Brohoof 4

6 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

But Disney being Disney, they'd rather keep their copyright grip as strong as possible so they can continue to make that money.

I wonder if Walt would be pissed and disappointed about that?

yeah, that's true

walt championed longer copyright laws

The government will do whatever it pleases regardless of our outcry. The government of the US does not care about the people. The corporations, the mega rich, they are the only ones who the people in power lend an ear to. We are spectators in this circus. The only chance of changing things, this included, is actual protest but the US general public doesn't seem so keen on the idea anymore. What a shock.