Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Monster Hunter: Rise

PoisonClaw

Despite me being a relatively newcomer to Monster Hunter thanks to World, I'm am super excited for the upcoming title in the series, Rise. Any other fellow Hunters ready to get back into the fray? I'm just dying to test out the new aerial moveset with my beloved Light Bowgun in hand.

I've yet to play the 3DS games, only one of which I have, but seeing gameplay of the newer stuff on console makes me feel like I'm missing out. This would be a great game to have for my Switch. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon

How dare they to not include prowlers... i feel insulted.

Haven't played world yet, im trying to complete gen ultimate. Im curious what kind of change the gunlance may bring because skipping a game with a lot of changes.

Also also i hope gore magala and athal kha get into the game.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel the demo is unplayable on joycons. The input delay feels insane. I swapped to a pro controller and it was a bit better.

Still, not very good first impressions from me. The UI is repulsive, movement feels groggy (even with the wirebug) and there are some design changes I don't agree with. (Though it's mostly I miss recoil-less guard points for the CB :<) I will admit the bowguns seem okay so far.

I've played some 3U, 4, and beaten GenU and world. I'm still going to give the demo more time, it may grow on me. The final game could see some good changes too. Though as of now, it feels meh.

I won't worry about monster difficulty since it's only two monsters. That and a regular mizutsune is nothing to a EX soulseer mizutsune ;-;

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...