Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Legend of Zelda fans?

DivineMist1000

Big fan of the series.

all-time favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask. I've already explained my reasons in two other topics that talk about Majora's Mask. Plus you can tell by the fact that I have the badges for all five trivia quizzes based around the game down there under my post

Top 3 gaming series(Just below Metal Gear and Megaman) and I still heavily regret not getting a Master Sword when I had the chance to at Medieval Times

A Link to the Past still remains my favorite game in the series(and favorite game of all time), but BotW got really close to taking that crown. On that topic I still need to get Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity

Edited by Megas

Zelda is one of my absolute favorite game series. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge zelda nut.  My favorite game in the series would have to be Ocarina of Time since that is the first ever game in the series I played to completion by myself. I do still have my gold cartridge along with its box but I keep it tucked away since my N64 is long gone. And also I placed my replica Master Sword on top of the bookshelf where I keep my ponies. 

I used to think Zelda is overrated. No thanks to Nintendo’s dork age with the WII :Cozy:. Anyway, BOTW made the franchise fresh again. I mean, taking away as my favorite game in the franchise after Majore’s held it forever is no small feat :LunaMCM:

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I used to think Zelda is overrated. No thanks to Nintendo’s dork age with the WII 

I'll never understand why you hate the "Wii" so much. it actually helps everybody get into gaming not just gamers themselves.

No matter the system The Legend of Zelda series is one of the reasons why I'm a Nintendo gamer over Sony any day

• Brohoof 1

I'm a fan. Link's Awakening is my favourite, but I've played most of the other games. I don't have that much merch, but I'll probably waste my money on some eventually.

Edited by Cash_In

If you can't guess based on my ava, yeah.

I have never not loved Wind Waker, even when it was popular to not love Wind Waker. It's my favorite. I have my original version. The game has aged so well. Sailing the ocean is such a relaxing thing that this was the first game I ever played where I avoided fast travel unless I needed it. I adore the soundtrack. The last fight with Ganon isn't all that great though. Ocarina did it WAY better. It's good and they do a good job of setting this really dark tone, but the fight itself is a solid 6/10.

Ocarina will always have a special place in my heart. It's a near perfect balance of challenging puzzles and memorable bosses. I'm not totally in love with the soundtrack here but there are some real bangers here. 

Breath of the Wild is just brilliant. I also found out how much I love and hate climbing. Running out of stamina on a long upward climb is a total omae wa mou moment. 

A Link to the Past is the best top-down 2D Zelda in my experience. 

The first two I've played, but always found pretty difficult. Zelda II is down right punishing. 

I love the aesthetic of Twilight Princess, even if the game hasn't aged incredibly well (my opinion there). Midna is probably my favorite Zelda character ever. 

I still need to give Majora's Mask a serious run one day. Same with Skyward Sword. I'm not in love with having to use motion controls though. If they make a more traditional control scheme and port to Switch, count me in. 

21 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle97 said:

Out of all the Legend of Zelda series, Wind Waker is my favorite. I don't like Ocarina of Time, or Twilight Princess but I think Ocarina of Time is better than Twilight Princess. I never heard of Majora's Mask before. 

I never understood all the hate WW got. It is so pretty and the one Zelda game that doesn't look like crap 20 years later, if we're talking original releases.

I also just love the art direction of WW. 

2 hours ago, lomk said:

The last fight with Ganon isn't all that great though. Ocarina did it WAY better. It's good and they do a good job of setting this really dark tone, but the fight itself is a solid 6/10.

I know right I kept losing so many hearts even when I'm using my shield to defend myself. but I love the overworld of the Wind Waker it actually made the world feel so much bigger than Ocarina of Time back then. And every sector had at least something to discover.

2 hours ago, lomk said:

If they make a more traditional control scheme and port to Switch, count me in. 

I would like a port of that game to the Switch

But the traditional control sounds unlikely since Skyward Sword requires you to hold and swing your sword in certain directions so it need the motion control and unless they can somehow make a button scheme that allows you to control which way you swing your sword using just buttons, they're likely are going to do what they did with Super Mario Galaxy in Super Mario 3D All Stars and have it so the right joy-con can be the motion control with a simple tap of the button to reset the gyro control

There was a listing for Skyward Sword HD that came out a while back on a few major retailer websites. I dunno if anything came out of it though

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

I know right I kept losing so many hearts even when I'm using my shield to defend myself. but I love the overworld of the Wind Waker it actually made the world feel so much bigger than Ocarina of Time back then. And every sector had at least something to discover.

So in my opinion, Puppet Master Ganon was incredibly hard. I've run the game several times and I still hate fighting the puppets. It's not Hollow Knight hard, but it's definitely several notches harder than the rest of the game, which I would say was more of a 3/10 difficulty wise. Kids will get a good challenge and adults will figure out most of the puzzles pretty quickly. The puzzles are rewarding enough, but not deeply so. So it's kind of a shock to your system when you get to the puppets and the freakin worm thing moves almost impossibly fast. 

The final fight. Okay so the introduction where he's dual wielding the swords kicks SO MUCH ass. "Do not fear. I will not kill you." That so eerie. Ganon moves pretty quickly, but the game prompting you for a parry makes the fight much easier. I wish I could have turned that off because it turns an active fight into a bunch of quick time events. 

What I love about Wind Waker isn't the final fight. It's the world and the world building. Like you said. There's so much to do. The map feels so big and there was so much to discover. Even if you discovered everything, you could still just randomly pull 50 rupees out of the water here and there. Just something to keep you occupied while you sail across the map. And the theme for the Great Sea is so dang good. I only wish the boss fight could have been better. :p

5 minutes ago, lomk said:

. There's so much to do. The map feels so big and there was so much to discover. Even if you discovered everything, you could still just randomly pull 50 rupees out of the water here and there.

And I'm one of the few Americans who don't hate Tingle. well we may be a bit of a jerk getting his brothers to turn that thing on his Island over and over all day long, he at the very least points out areas where you can get bigger wallets and even gives you a chart telling you where to look for the Triforce Shards and Triforce charts. I usually end up getting the biggest wallet before I even get the third gem from the whale. besides near every spot where one such item exists, the jars are full of so many ruppies.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-12-21 at 2:26 PM, lomk said:

I never understood all the hate WW got. It is so pretty and the one Zelda game that doesn't look like crap 20 years later, if we're talking original releases.

I also just love the art direction of WW. 

I agree that the art-style in Wind Waker has aged really well. I'm not a fan of the overabundance of water at all though, both gameplay-wise and visually.

Ocarina of Time is one of my all time favorite games and I will forever cherish it. It was one of the very first games to truly give me that sense of adventure and wonder on such a large scale. I can go back to that game anytime and love it, despite some of its oddities. Link to the Past is great as well, but slightly overrated in my opinion. Not a fan of the dungeons in that game, whereas OOT, each dungeon is iconic to me. Always wanted to do a full playthrough of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, would be nice to have the HD versions on the Switch. From what I played of both, they were fantastic. Twilight Princess in particular is a game I love as well despite never finishing it. 

Speaking of...Skyward Sword HD was announced for the Switch. I've never played it, heard the controls were absolute ass on the Wii but the dungeons were really good apparently. Seeing the trailer for the HD remake...The art style looks awful. It is so ugly looking and HD doesn't do that any favors. The characters look derp as hell and the environments look so bland. I dunno, aesthetically it seems so off. Still want to play it however. Also as a side note, I personally hated Breath of the Wild. That is my least favorite game in the main series, easily. 

@Will Guide As much as I have fond memories with the system, I personally don't think the Wii was good either. Just my opinion though. Hell, I think the Xbox One is a great system and according to the void that is the gaming community, I would be considered a total idiot for that opinion so in the end, what I think doesn't really matter. 

Zelda Reddit is pretty fun to read right now. There are a LOT of doomsayers who are complaining either because of Skyward Sword HD for one reason or another, and others fear Zelda is moving away from their own silly conventions which allegedly are what make Zelda :D

Never got around to really trying Skyward Sword despite getting it on the Wii U eShop, but just seeing a version of it without motion controls on the Switch is enough for me to give it a chance

Also there's rumblings that the HD Remasters of Windwaker and Twilight Princess are also coming to the Switch. I would prefer a 2-pack, but knowing Nintendo they're both gonna be separate full price releases that my dumbass will still buy anyway

17 hours ago, Megas said:

Never got around to really trying Skyward Sword despite getting it on the Wii U eShop, but just seeing a version of it without motion controls on the Switch is enough for me to give it a chance

I don’t think the motion controllers are a big problem to be, but SS is plagued with more problems than just the controllers. That’s why I’m not buying it, despite never played it on WII>_>

17 hours ago, Megas said:

Also there's rumblings that the HD Remasters of Windwaker and Twilight Princess are also coming to the Switch. I would prefer a 2-pack, but knowing Nintendo they're both gonna be separate full price releases that my dumbass will still buy anyway

So far: mere word of mouth. However, the argument of Nintendo NOT celebrating the franchise’s 35th anniversary because they are still doing so with Mario holds water. Dunno if they are relaunching WW and TP in HD, but considering their track record of porting WIIU games to Switch, is a good possibility. WWHD IS MINE IF IT COMES TO BE :yay: