Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What is your hot pepper tolerance?

Muffinnz

• 4 weeks later...

Hottest I go with food I make myself/want to enjoy is raw jalapeños. I can do peppers a little hotter and be alright, but at a certain point it kinda just ruins the food experience for me.

• 1 year later...

Not amazing for me, but I've been training my spice level lately. A little bit of spice here and there. I can handle Jalapeno seeds now! Though honestly that isn't too impressive :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I love spicy food and can handle it pretty well. Jalapenos are the most unpredictable pepper, ranging from being very hot to being as mild as ground black pepper or Tabasco sauce. Thai/bird's eye chilis, scotch bonnets, and habaneros are extremely spicy, and I love to use them as ingredients every now and then. :D

• Brohoof 2

Mine is a lot higher than it used to be. I especially like chips that have chili in them – the spicier, the better. I even like to eat the powder left in the bottom of the bag for the extreme effect. :P

• Brohoof 2

I don't mind a little bit of heat in a dish, I just don't want it to be the only thing I taste.  My tolerance is fair, I guess.  I'll order spicier options in Indian and Asian cuisine, I like my Mexican food to have a bit of spice to it, but overall, I want it  to strike a balance between tingle in the mouth and searing, uncomfortable heat.

• Brohoof 1

I'm at ghost pepper level. I eat hot peppers whenever I can. My favorite is fresh salsa with super hots like habanero, scorpion and when I can get them, ghosts.

Bird's Eye pepper are also really good - but watch out - they will hurt you! They are little, but pack a massive flame attack.

• Brohoof 1

My mouth can tolerate very spicy peppers, but anything that is very spicy will likely hurt my stomach since I am currently having stomach issues. If it didn't hurt my stomach, I'd be eating more spicy foods than I am now.

• Brohoof 1

The older I get, the more I enjoy and even prefer spicy foods. I'm still pretty low on the tolerance level (eating straight jalapenos is about as much as I can take) but I'm sure that'll change in time - perhaps my taste buds just aren't working as well as they used to!

• Brohoof 1