Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Really Grinds Your Gears

Justin_Case001

You know what really grinds my gears? Sideways video!

image.png.ce419655bac96e31e674ee62de295f48.png

A human field of vision is wider than it is tall. That's why screens have been made that way forever!

Now people record everything on cell phones and they're too damn lazy to turn them sideways!

Just like how people watch things on cell phones and they don't even turn them so they're only watching a two inch video.

When did people get too lazy to rotate their wrist 90 degrees???

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 4

"Poggers" and variants

Noisy kids

Something fall pick it up and falls again

When something that falls rolls under something

Non wireless stuff

Youtube having two ads in a row

Waiting too much on a game lobby

Not being able to draw

I guess im missing stuff :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

You know what really grinds my gears?

Youtube videos with the comments turned off! Disney does it, Hasbro does it, and more and more regular people do it. They don't want to deal with "toxicity". I miss the days when toxic just referred to chemicals. I hardy ever comment myself but one of the best parts of a youtube video to me is seeing other people's thoughts and amusing comments. Just let people talk among themselves and if you don't like it you don't have to! :angry:

And the one kind of video where the comments are never turned off and I kind of wish they were is music videos. Rather than offering opinions on the music or the visuals all the comments are "who's watching in 2020?" "Who's watching on Tuesday?" "Who's watching during covid?" "who's watching with  the lights off?" Shut up! That's not interesting! :Cozy:

• Brohoof 2

Right now, Sweden is really bad with covid safety during Christmas. It is difficult to avoid stupid people in grocery stores. People are way too close, and they don't follow the warning signs. It is quite annoying!

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Youtube videos with the comments turned off! Disney does it, Hasbro does it, and more and more regular people do it. They don't want to deal with "toxicity". I miss the days when toxic just referred to chemicals. I hardy ever comment myself but one of the best parts of a youtube video to me is seeing other people's thoughts and amusing comments. Just let people talk among themselves and if you don't like it you don't have to! :angry:

And the one kind of video where the comments are never turned off and I kind of wish they were is music videos. Rather than offering opinions on the music or the visuals all the comments are "who's watching in 2020?" "Who's watching on Tuesday?" "Who's watching during covid?" "who's watching with  the lights off?" Shut up! That's not interesting! :Cozy:

I hate when people say “first”, too, like they’ll get an award for it or something 🙄

• Brohoof 1

Ya know what really grinds my gears? Youtube ads. Don't take time out of the video to talk about Grammarly or Nord VPN or Stamps.com or Hello Fresh. If it has nothing to do with the rest of the video, don't include a tangent.

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Ya know what really grinds my gears? Youtube ads. Don't take time out of the video to talk about Grammarly or Nord VPN or Stamps.com or Hello Fresh. If it has nothing to do with the rest of the video, don't include a tangent.

Same. 

Just now, Treeglow Flicker said:

One other thing that grinds my gears is when they are never the droids that I'm looking for. :yeahno:

And why do they censor the short one? Let the little guy speak his mind! :angry:

19 hours ago, Operetta said:

Watching people walk right out of the bathroom without washing their hands. 

Especially during COVID. I always wash my hands when I'm done with the bathroom. 

One of my pet peeves is that the hand soap running out. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

You can get ad blockers. I use chrome, I just searched for one and it was free. Now I never see the ads. :ph3ar:

Christmas lights!

They used to look like this:

old-fashion-light-bulbs.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

They were made of glass and they broke easily. Now they're LEDs, they're more energy efficient, and still when one bulb goes out half of the freaking string goes out!!! You have to spend hours testing each bulb to see if it's the bad one.

And then there are these "pre-lit" Christmas trees, which are really just a plastic tree with a string of lights strapped to it. That makes it just about impossible to test all the bulbs when half the tree goes out.

Just make each bulb independent of the others! How freaking hard is that???

Edited by Fluttershutter

People who don’t cover when they cough or sneeze. As an example my workplace bought us lunch as a treat. This guy literally sneezed directly on all of the food and didn’t cover or anything. Needless to say I passed on the free lunch. 

On 12/22/2020 at 8:51 PM, Fluttershutter said:

You can get ad blockers. I use chrome, I just searched for one and it was free. Now I never see the ads. :ph3ar:

I'm  not talking about that. I'm talking about Youtubers who talk for a significant portion of the video about their sponsors. 

Edited by ggg-2

You know what grinds my gears. People bashing on the live action Disney remakes as if everyone hates them. Not everyone hates them. I personally think they're hit and miss.

Of course it's not going to be as good as the original but at least give them a chance because they're really are some things to enjoy about a handful of the films. Cinderella and Prince Charming spending more time together, LeFou wising up to what a grade A Jerk Gaston is, and the Wolves that raised Mowgli are given more screen time to mentor him

Fairy Tales have been retold time and time again throughout the centuries so why can't Disney be allowed to do it? It's much more interesting to see things play out differently

Edited by Will Guide
Spelling errors and missing words
  • Brohoof 1

I really wish IDW would drop  the huge 4-part story arcs of the “Season 10”. The recent one was really fucking dull and I really don’t want to see a continuation of S9’s nonsense. IDW can’t make a major story arc worth a damn and should just get back to simple stories, they’re decent reads at least