Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Really Grinds Your Gears

Justin_Case001

14 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

I'm  not talking about that. I'm talking about Youtubers who talk for a significant of the video about their sponsors. 

Yeah not much you can do about that except jump ahead'

13 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Hey.  Y'know what really grinds my gears?  When a silly lounge thread that I made on a whim in 2 seconds takes off and gets more replies in two days than my precious and brilliant labor of love thread, THE MEGA POLL, got in over a year!  :dry:

(Hey, I'm just kiddin' around.  :ButtercupLaugh:)

Lol sorry

• Brohoof 2

On 12/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, Fluttershutter said:

Youtube videos with the comments turned off! Disney does it, Hasbro does it, and more and more regular people do it. They don't want to deal with "toxicity". I miss the days when toxic just referred to chemicals. I hardy ever comment myself but one of the best parts of a youtube video to me is seeing other people's thoughts and amusing comments. Just let people talk among themselves and if you don't like it you don't have to! 

Pretty sure those comments sections are turned off because of COPPA guidelines.

• 4 weeks later...

You know what really grinds my gears? Toilet paper! Why do they need five different sizes??? It makes it so freaking hard to figure out what's actually a good deal. You're always going to need more toilet paper until you die so why not just make the biggest roll?!

main-qimg-c98adb1466a168ba12a52ff7728806

And a bonus thing that grinds my gears: All these products in stores that are called "Home Made"! Really? Who's home was it made in???

It's just a marketing gimmick and people fall for it because they've decided that factories are evil. If it weren't for factories making food products you'd be paying twice as much for half as much food.

• Brohoof 1

When people don't signal a lane change. How lazy must you be to not be able to move your pinky 5 centimetres over to the turn signal stock to allow people to discern what you are about to do?

To those people who do that, I hope you arrive home safely, but as soon as you take your shoes off, I also hope you stub your toe.

3 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Toilet paper

That's why I just buy the 150 roll Apocalypse Pack every time I buy TP, but yeah, they should all be a standard size. In fact, the biggest Charmin rolls are too big for my roller, and another thing that grinds my gears is when the person who used all the toilet paper does not 1) replace the roll and 2) put the new roll on the roller. To the people who do that, I hope you're 3 minutes late for your next meeting. Not late enough to get into trouble or have missed anything, but just late enough to make your entrance awkward.

Edited by lomk

On 12/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, Fluttershutter said:

I'm pretty sure it's just because they don't want any complaints or criticism.

Ehh... no.

When you upload a video to YouTube nowadays, you have to chose "this video is made for children" or "this video is not made for children" choosing "made for children " puts it on the YT kids app and parental controls and such, but automatically permanently turns off the comments, adding to lists, etc, as...people suck and a few people ruin everything, whether it be through them actually commenting things children probably shouldn't read/should be removed or places/government not keeping up with the times and not wanting to understand anything considered "modern". So YouTube-google decided that instead of verifying age/hiring moderation/putting some time and effort into something for once, to just disable them.

Oh and sometimes you have to argue against their opinion on your video, like we have decided to try the "YouTube farmer" thing and YouTube keeps reclassifying all of our videos as "made for kids" for unknown reasons...so as a result we don't grow.

----

My "grinds my gears" is we have all this technology and it seems like the majority of people want to avoid using technology to fix (or learn about) technological problems, see the YouTube mess that I talked about. 

Also the "grind it 'til you make it" people on manual transmissions. Sure you can float gears sometimes but that's not how you do it or learn how to do it.

--

Oh and for the "charmin roll is too big", they'll send you a free adapter for your holder...or so it says on their package. 

Edited by TheGleaner

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You know what really grinds my gears? Trifold game boards!

20-double-fold-vinyl-covered-chess-board

What the hell is the point of this??? Why are they all made like that now???

They're harder to lay flat and they're just not as durable as older game boards that just fold down the middle. It's the same amount of cardboard. I can't imagine it's cheaper to make them that way. All I can think of is they just want them to come apart quicker so people will have to a buy new one.

I hate loud noises or even little noises. like the scraping sound of a fork when someone eats, and even if someone chews as lightly as they can I still get really bothered

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Go ahead, call me a neurotic OCD weirdo but you know what really grinds my gears? When clocks get out of sync!

I have several clocks around the house and every month or so I go around setting them exactly from my laptop and soon they're all out of sync! :angry: It's especially irritating to look at the ones on the microwave and the stove right next to each other and they're freaking two minutes apart!! I wish all clocks could just have the option to sync to the atomic clock in Colorado or something!

• 4 weeks later...

Incorrect grammar really grinds my gears along with people who stare. What the fuck are you looking at me for?

12 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Incorrect grammar really grinds my gears along with people who stare. What the fuck are you looking at me for?

Why you mad? Why you mad? There problem with me talking asian acxscent? I look at you because you in line of site:laugh:

9 hours ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

adults on the internet 

I take great offense in that:yeahno: lol who you calling old!:laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-06-21 at 3:50 PM, The Wife of Hawks said:

I ain't gonna take no offense when that's just the way people talk but when they just do stupid stuff like spell "lose" with two "o"s that really grinds my gears.

On 2021-06-21 at 6:42 PM, SpittyPie2005 said:

adults on the internet 

Kids on the internet. :P

(edited)

People who think there's only 2 genders because they have no experience of the world past their cis-normative bubble. News flash: that is factually wrong. Not only that but it's technically a bigoted statement.

Edited by Mx Ash

On 2021-07-15 at 8:49 PM, Mx Ash said:

People who think there's only 2 genders because they have no experience of the world past their cis-normative bubble.

Sorry, but we have freedom of religion or lack thereof, which ever case

On topic, it really grinds my gears when people with absolutely no experience with firearms think they can call BS like shooting “NoN lEthaLy” at the legs, or make warning shots that carry more risk of injuring or killing a bystander. Carrying a firearm, let alone shooting one, carries A LOT of weight. You can’t pretend to know about them by movies or video games. There are A LOT of safety rules one must follow, BY THE BOOK, to minimize unintended damage