Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Really Grinds Your Gears

Justin_Case001

You know what really grinds my gears? Cave Spiders!

32d83c162d9dda1950e0ce85e560935b.jpg

Don't get me wrong, they're fine little crustaceans. What grinds my gears is that they're always used in movies when they want "scarier" spiders.

Harry-Potter-Mad-Eye-Moody.jpgOral history of 'Stephen King's It' miniseries

They're not technically spiders! They're a type pf crab, they're nonvenomous, and completely harmless! Just having claws doesn't make something scary and intimidating!

• 3 weeks later...

You know what really grinds my gears? "brains"!

BrainSpawn.png&f=1&nofb=1

Of course they're good for thinking and stuff. What I hate is when people say somebody "has brains" meaning they're smart. A person only has ONE brain! If they have some brains in jars or something that DOESN'T affect their intelligence! One brain does all your thinking and your cell phone doesn't count!

• 2 weeks later...

Self entitled fans who do nothing but complain the companies aren't fulfilling their desires. they can just be as greedy and selfish as the "big evil" companies that we make them out to be

On 2021-09-26 at 11:23 PM, Will Guide said:

Self entitled fans who do nothing but complain the companies aren't fulfilling their desires. they can just be as greedy and selfish as the "big evil" companies that we make them out to be

I 1000% agree.

For me, I really hate when most fans (not all of them) personally attacking the people who made the product just because they don't like something. Not to mention, taking someone's words and twisting them around and paint them as the bad guy. That shit is so gross and unnecessary and you become just as bad as the "evil" companies mistreated them. 

Attack the product, don't attack the people that made the product. Just leave them alone.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Forced inclusion in media. By that I mean, using minorities or other groups that need more representation as a selling point rather than the desire to actually be inclusive.

Oh yeah, I don't like that either. It just an excuse to score brownie points and/or pat themselves on the back of how 'progressive' they are rather than treating it like a normal thing. Especially when you are taking pre-existing characters (rather than making new characters) and turning into something that they're not just to appease a certain group, who had no knowledge of the source material, and yet they are aliening the hardcore fan who do love the characters for who they are.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

When some people can't take a hint that I'm annoyed with them and they'd still continue to be annoying. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-10-17 at 9:23 AM, ExplosionMare said:

Forced inclusion in media. By that I mean, using minorities or other groups that need more representation as a selling point rather than the desire to actually be inclusive.

Totally. It's a marketing strategy that's easier than writing something good. Female heroes have been the new revolutionary thing in movies for the last fifty years now.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

You know what really grinds my gears? 

Those stupid little papers in hershery kisses! :Cozy: What the hell is the point of those things??? Just more crap you have to take off and throw away. Half the time it doesn't all come off and I end up just eating a part of it.

_MG_0585.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Things that grind my gears, grocery store edition:

Greeters - Why do I have to have somebody jumping out at me just because I walk through a door??? Leave me alone!

Hours - Everything closes too early these days. And don't give me the catch-all excuse "covid". It's a virus. It can't tell time.

Vegetables - Why do they always take out or cut open those cardboard trays??? When you want to buy a bunch of cans it's much easier to just put them in there.

Bags - I always bring my own bags but they always want to triple bag everything and separate it into twenty different bags. And when you say to just put it in one bag they say "Are you sure?" Oh no, I wasn't sure! Now that you said that I changed me mind!! That's why I prefer the self checkouts.

• 1 month later...

You know what really grinds my gears? "Evil" animals. In lots of fantasy stories, especially old ones, some types of animals are evil and helping the bad guys. And they're always my favorite animals!!!

Wolves

331782.jpg

Rats

closeup-of-a-rat-looking-toward-the-came

Crows

8fcd59e79c10587143c58491928e541d.jpg&f=1

Bats

wp7636500.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Snakes

946d3d38db28498a331d5f1dc1ae4380.jpg&f=1

All cute and awesome and perfectly chaotic neutral. :squee:

People who stand in the middle of a store aisle and talk for half an hour about random stuff. Like, was this conversation really so important that you have to block my way instead of talking literally anywhere else?

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-03-12 at 10:27 AM, Fluttershutter said:

You know what really grinds my gears? "Evil" animals. In lots of fantasy stories, especially old ones, some types of animals are evil and helping the bad guys. And they're always my favorite animals!!!

Wolves

331782.jpg

Rats

closeup-of-a-rat-looking-toward-the-came

Crows

8fcd59e79c10587143c58491928e541d.jpg&f=1

Bats

wp7636500.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Snakes

946d3d38db28498a331d5f1dc1ae4380.jpg&f=1

All cute and awesome and perfectly chaotic neutral. :squee:

Don’t forget spiders, scorpions, and sharks :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

You know what really grinds my gears? When you order something and you get updates like this:

Monday, January 23
2:31 PM
Package left the carrier facility.

2:13 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.

2:11 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Carrier picked up the package.

WHAT freaking carrier facility???

Alaska? China? One town over? They're just too lazy to list the location! What's the point of giving you updates if it doesn't even tell you where the thing is???

• 2 weeks later...

The part when I’m taking a smoke break from work and some other workers come over to do the same, except always tried to strike a conversation with me. Look, do you see what I’m holding here? It means I don’t want to be bother. It’s a smoke break not a counseling session bud.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Well not that it grind my gear but there is one thing that does bothers me is this is due to my special needs I had to have some parent or guardian to look out for me so I left my mom and stayed with an uncle cause my mom was not acting right this happened in my 20s  and the first time I left my mom I was kind of terrified not sure what to expect I mean I was with my mom all my life until we were homeless 3rd time around I and things weren't  always alright and my little brother went to talk with my uncle and soon later my aunt came around after I got my own place and she moved to another building across the railroad tracks I didn't  mind visiting though walking back and forth kind of made things hard on me and my legs other then that this really bother me when both my aunt and uncle treat me like a little kid when I am an adult that shouldn't  have to be grounded for the things I do and telling what I can't  and can watch saying I shouldn't  watch mlp cause it's for little kids they don't  understand that these ponies were there for other reasons not just because it's for little kids not just mlp but also Bluey paw patrol any thing like that saying I shouldn't watch they don't have my brain they don't see what I see it's not the cartoons fault that I don't  pay attention  and there are somethings I can do for myself I just don't  like being rushed and I don't  like people yelling  at me for not doing things right I never told my family about this because I have trouble speaking and it's hard to find my words and I use role play to help me get out of my shell a bit and I thank @Princess Silky  for bringing me to this wonderful place so maybe I could bring some of that courage out into the real world hopefully I will introduce the forums to my little pony fans near me and send  them here when I find some friends that rping like I do  maybe one day I will have a watching buddy  so yeah 

• 2 months later...

I haven't talked about anything that grinds my gears lately! What's wrong with me??? 

Anyway, you know what really grinds my gears? 9/10!

I'm sure you're aware of the scam every gas stations is pulling where the price of gas ends in 9/10 cents. 

For anybody who can't do math that means if the price is $3.49 9/10 you're paying $3.50 per gallon. If you buy EXACTLY 10 gallons you get a penny off and the price is $34.99. Every gallon over that you're again paying $3.50 per gallon!

So I'm bitching about nine cents? Yes! Because it's a freaking scam!!!!! :angry:

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

I haven't talked about anything that grinds my gears lately! What's wrong with me??? 

Anyway, you know what really grinds my gears? 9/10!

I'm sure you're aware of the scam every gas stations is pulling where the price of gas ends in 9/10 cents. 

For anybody who can't do math that means if the price is $3.49 9/10 you're paying $3.50 per gallon. If you buy EXACTLY 10 gallons you get a penny off and the price is $34.99. Every gallon over that you're again paying $3.50 per gallon!

So I'm bitching about nine cents? Yes! Because it's a freaking scam!!!!! :angry:

I don't get the logic on that.

Like... the actual price would be 3.499? And they just round it up even when they should floor it to scam people?

Edited by Jesse Terrence
ate a word
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

I don't get the logic on that.

Like... the actual price would be 3.499? And they just round it up even when they should floor it to scam people?

Yep, they're just pretending tenths of a cent exist and rounding up.