Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When is your "bronyversary"?

Octavia Heartstrings

Just now, Tacodidra said:

I'm surprised almost everyone watched an episode before I did, considering how many of them joined the forums after me (though I did join just a month after becoming a brony)...

I'm the opposite - it took me over a year to join this forum. :D So there are a lot of people who watched an episode after me, but joined well before me. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, LyraLover 💚 said:

I'm the opposite - it took me over a year to join this forum. :D So there are a lot of people who watched an episode after me, but joined well before me. :adorkable:

I guess MLP Forums really was an exceptional case for me – I usually take time to join forums, too. I remember some communities where I've lurked for a year or even longer before joining (and some that I never joined myself).

It's interesting that we got into MLP in the same month! :kirin:

• Brohoof 5

18 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

I guess MLP Forums really was an exceptional case for me – I usually take time to join forums, too. I remember some communities where I've lurked for a year or even longer before joining (and some that I never joined myself).

It's interesting that we got into MLP in the same month! :kirin:

I too always lurk for a while before joining a website. :twi:

Yeah, I found that interesting too! :eager:

• Brohoof 3

If I remember (I'm most likely wrong), I first started watching the show on October 8, 2013. However, it was snippets of the first Equestria Girls movie that I watched and by complete accident.

• Brohoof 5

10 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

July 22, 2011. Watched the pilot as my first episode, marathoned through S1, and never looked back. ^_^

Dark Qiviut: Never Go Back

(Sorry I had to make a joke here :lie:)

Jokes aside, I just started watching MLP in around October 2020 (yeah, that was 2 months ago) and I actually enjoyed it quite much. :-) 

• Brohoof 4

September 16, 2011. I had previously heard about the whole brony thing and was interested in watching the show but kept putting it off (I didn't want my family to judge me) until one of my ROBLOX friends sent me a message to watch the show with links to the first two episodes. From there I... pretty much became obsessed.

image.png.90c954849be82a09614adde0dd889c59.png

(funny enough, september 16 is also my brother's birthday)

• Brohoof 2

For me it's May 6th 2013. I had started watching the show from the beginning about a couple of weeks before then, and while I was really enjoying it I still wasn't sure I could call myself a fan or a brony at that point. But that specific date was when I first watched Winter Wrap Up, and after that episode, that's when I knew. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

I think it was around March or April 2012, I was kind of intrigued by the appearance of pony avatars on other forums at the time and decided to find out what the fuss was about, long story short I watched the first episode and didn't stop.

• Brohoof 1

It was a long long time ago in a dark and wintery night of december which set me on the path to watch my very first episode. The actual date I dont know anymore, but it was the early december of 2020.

• Brohoof 3

Well I first started watching MLP back in late May of 2017, I still remember sitting in my bedroom, blinds and door closed, binging all of season two ^_^ I also remember watching some of my very first episodes down at my grandparents house, after I went to "bed" I would actually stay up for hours and watch season one episodes under the bedsheets using my phone and headphones :laugh: After getting through the first two seasons I started watching the show more openly and stopped being so secretive about it, and eventually by September of that year I felt ready to start interacting with the wider pony community so I joined the forums here ;)  

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

I'm not entirely sure which day I first started watching FiM, but I know it was somewhere around May 21, 2014. I use that day as my bronyversary. You may also notice that it connects to the 3 numbers at the end of my username! ;) I'm honestly amazed I've been invested in ponies for almost 7 years!!!

• Brohoof 1

On 2020-12-23 at 10:46 AM, raykv423 said:

around October 2020

My memory sucks tbh (and I tend to forget important details that I honestly didn't recap back to until much later) but I'm pretty convinced that I started to watching MLP around October 2020 though I have a distinct feeling that I actually started get into MLP around September of the same year. 

But how exactly did I get into MLP?

Long story short, that one tweet with a short video of Sunset Shimmer I saw a year ago is the main reason I'm into MLP now.

Edited by raykv423

15 hours ago, Partialgeek514 said:

I'm not entirely sure which day I first started watching FiM, but I know it was somewhere around May 21, 2014. I use that day as my bronyversary. You may also notice that it connects to the 3 numbers at the end of my username! ;) I'm honestly amazed I've been invested in ponies for almost 7 years!!!

Wow, that's interesting! I always wondered what the 514 stood for - I originally thought your birthday was May 14, but then I looked on your profile and saw that it wasn't, so I was confused. :D

I don’t remember the exact day I watched my first episode of the G4 series so unfortunately, I cannot share. I remember watching it on my iPad though!

• Brohoof 1

05/04/2018 - It didn't really hit me how sucked into the show I was getting until I had this vivid dream that started really normal; I was taking photos of the night sky. And then Luna appeared in the clouds right by the full moon. Woke up from it feeling really emotional. I know the specific date because I still have the text history from when I told my best friend about it.

I can only approximate but I think it was somewhere in late 2011 or early 2012. My first episode was Lesson Zero and I don't know if that was its premiere or if it was being repeated at that point. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember the date, but I got into the show since Spring 2013 ((8 years) (or technically 10 and a half years since I heard about FiM during the announcement of The Hub).

• Brohoof 1