Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the world Equestria is on just Earth in a parallel universe?

eddeams

Think about it, it has locations with similar names (Manehattan = Manhattan), and some of its cultural aspects are equivalent to ours. What with Hearth's Warming Eve essentially being Christmas. This makes me think that the planet Equestria is on is Earth in an alternate dimension. Where humans either went extinct or never existed at all and ponies and others became the dominant species instead. Not to mention development has focused mostly on magic while science and technology have remained mostly static.

What do you think of this theory?

Edited by eddeams

Don't feel bad; sometimes I'm confused on where certain topics go as well.

In response to your question, that is an interesting one. There are so many references to humanistic culture in the ponyverse. Maybe we oughta look into these theories of parallel universes... :pout:

11 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

It’s possible. Not to mention there’s an actual parallel universe with pastel humans :mlp_icwudt:

You're probably right about that. At least they don't have to deal with a debilitating virus...! :Cozy:

It's not Earth. While some areas are related to real world names, it is merely a decision based on the writers. It is in a different solar system and planet entirely. In my opinion it is this solar system here. The proof is in the stained glass. 

large.png

Alternatively, the proof is here. None of these planets match up to our solar system. It's not Earth.

1117930.png

3 hours ago, Califorum said:

It's not Earth. While some areas are related to real world names, it is merely a decision based on the writers. It is in a different solar system and planet entirely. In my opinion it is this solar system here. The proof is in the stained glass. 

large.png

Alternatively, the proof is here. None of these planets match up to our solar system. It's not Earth.

1117930.png

So it's a different planet entirely! This...might help people believe it's real. :lie:

If you take the official map of Equestria, look at the land masses and locations of corresponding cities, it 'mostly' lines up with North and Central America.

image.thumb.png.9e1d8d3312766237b66fea30517b4eb1.png

11 hours ago, Happy Heart said:

So it's a different planet entirely! This...might help people believe it's real. :lie:

An orbital model of the star and surrounding planets, and yet with the sun being manually raised and lowered, it should be a geocentric star system. Ah, uhh... hmm...

2 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

An orbital model of the star and surrounding planets, and yet with the sun being manually raised and lowered, it should be a geocentric star system. Ah, uhh... hmm...

I believe that is all illusionary magic and not actual manually lowering / raising.

Just now, Happy Heart said:

It's still quite unusual. Maybe it's not a matter of raising the sun and moon at all, but maybe it has something to do with the pony planet's rotation? :confused:

I don't believe they can control that either. Its just illusions.

17 hours ago, Happy Heart said:

It's still quite unusual. Maybe it's not a matter of raising the sun and moon at all, but maybe it has something to do with the pony planet's rotation? :confused:

You know what that would do to everyone standing on it?

On 12/30/2020 at 3:44 AM, Califorum said:

I believe that is all illusionary magic and not actual manually lowering / raising.

Except when Twilight is literally moving them (Twilight's Kingdom).

• 4 weeks later...