Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's Your Comfort Game ?

Rainy Daze

What games do you like to play when you're feeling down that help bring you out of that mood? Something that just does a good job of distracting you or just has such serene energy you can't help but feel calm by playing it ?

Minecraft is a big one for me. The music and lighthearted nature of the game is really good at calming me down. I also really like FF7 but only up until a certain point :adorkable: 

Edited by Rainy Day
  • Brohoof 5

For me it's my favorite hack-and-slash games: Diablo II, Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, where you don't have to think much and can relax and slash through enemies. Also, Heroes of Might and Magic III may be comforting, but only if I watch skilled players play it.

• Brohoof 2

I don’t have a set game for that, but I guess I’ll go for Terraria. I’m waiting for the version 1.4 for Switch tho. I want to make a vision of Equestria. Glad Horse Life just happen to give some Hallow biome vibes tho :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

animal crossing is my biggest one tbh, love those cute lil animal friends. also weirdly enough, survival horror games... especially the silent hill or fatal frame games

• Brohoof 3

Frame.  Whenever I don't have the strength to do something productive, or I'm feeling depressed, I play Warframe, usually with the in-game sound off while listening to a podcast, usually Making Sense with Sam Harris.  In fact, Frame & Sam, as I call it, is one of my favorite things to do in the world, and is extremely calming and meditative.  It's my happy place.  Like Happy's happy place from Happy Gilmore.  Once one learns the ropes, Frame is a game that can be played on autopilot with zero mental attention or focus.  I mean, there's plenty of focused, full on things you can choose to do, but you can also opt to do mindless farming, and it's great for listening to podcasts.  The great and comical irony is how I'm listening to Sam talk about mindfulness and meditation while I'm committing mass space genocide and blowing up everything in sight.

• Brohoof 2

I love this topic, such a good discussion to have. :BrightMacContent: 

I have several games that I got to for the chillings out. Minecraft and Rollercoaster Tycoon are two of the biggest, both of those games make me feel cozy. Animal Crossing is of course another one but that one is almost obvious at this point. I also really like open world, GTA style games. I love to boot one of them up and just drive around, or walk and take in the atmosphere. 

Another thing I tend to do for relaxation is listen to videos or podcasts while playing any game that has a grind to it or simple gameplay. So like a loot game, multiplayer game or a Warriors title. Those are perfect for that. That is a definite way to put my mind at ease as it gives me near full sensory occupation so my mind doesn't pinball like usual. 

• Brohoof 3

warframe (surprisingly lol), whenever I'm upset or feeling empty, I sit down and play, whether it's doing very easy missions, fishing or even just cruising around Plains of Eidolon. Though I do get frustrated sometimes while playing this game, I still like it. 

Also childhood favorite, 101 Dalmatians: puppies to the rescue :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by yungsparkle7
  • Brohoof 2

I don’t really get a lot of comfort from playing games, but if I had to pick one I’d probably say Dying Light. The best thing about it is that it’s non-linear so I don’t have to play it in any particular way or finish certain quests in order to continue with the game (for the most part). I can just go out and free-roam, which has a certain relaxing element to it, even if there are hordes of zombies meandering about as well.

• Brohoof 2