Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could change your ancestry, what would it be?

Props Valroa

I would not change anything being both norse but also celtic I don't know my exact ancestry only what I can trace back a thousand years. Which is majority norse and of course celtic from their slaves this is one of the finest mixture of ancestry as both are great warrior tribes. So if I get an ancestry test I will share that but I've always heard it is around 60% norse and 40% celtic. To change my ancestry all I can think of is being a pure nord but even so I feel that would shame my slave ancestors although I've always wanted to have Greek ancestry for obvious reasons. So maybe 90% norse, 5% celtic and 5% greek.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Not me. I don’t see the point. I’m indifferent of my ancestry and ethnicity 

Pretty much my thoughts. Though I have to come clean and say I do think it would be cool to have a Japanese ancestry. :devious:

I'd love to be related to the royal family in Moneco (The last governmental monarchy still in operation) just for the bragging rights of being able to call myself an actual literal princess.

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't change my anestory, I love being mostly of irish decent
Would love to know where my jewish ancestory came from though, but that's not change, just know

and would love if my gran had set up an Irish passport before I was born so I could have gotten an Irish passport, but that's once again, not ancestry

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I would not change anything being both norse but also celtic I don't know my exact ancestry only what I can trace back a thousand years. Which is majority norse and of course celtic from their slaves this is one of the finest mixture of ancestry as both are great warrior tribes. So if I get an ancestry test I will share that but I've always heard it is around 60% norse and 40% celtic. To change my ancestry all I can think of is being a pure nord but even so I feel that would shame my slave ancestors although I've always wanted to have Greek ancestry for obvious reasons. So maybe 90% norse, 5% celtic and 5% greek.

yeah, when you settled iceland you took lots and lots of Scottish and Irish women,
I have some scandinavian, because it makes sense as the norse took over lots of ireland and my mum's surname is "Son of Scandinavian" (ye we used to use a system like yous, though daughter ones have completely fallen out of use here)

3 minutes ago, yungsparkle7 said:

im 50% hungarian & 50% rusyn, but honestly i'd love to be either 100% native american or 100% russian or something like that

Thats a good combo you have already!

• Brohoof 2

If I could change it so my last name (DESPITE HOW SIMPLE IT ACTUALLY IS) can make sense to people, then I would (or I can just marry a John Smith so I can have an easy last name :P).

Honestly though, I like my ancestry and my family name and all that, I’m just tired of people not even trying to get any part of the name right.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty fine with my ancestry as far as the ethnic makeup of it goes but I wouldn't mind coming from some rich family. Supposedly my fathers side of the family had a lot of land somewhere in Eastern Europe before the communists took it. No idea if there is any truth to that though.

On 2020-12-29 at 7:56 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Not me. I don’t see the point. I’m indifferent of my ancestry and ethnicity 

On a second thought, if there was a society of trapped pastel humans or horses trapped in our world secretly living among us, I’d love having an ancestry with them :oh_golly:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-12-30 at 12:50 AM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

So if I get an ancestry test I will share that but I've always heard it is around 60% norse and 40% celtic.

I'm basically this but in reverse. I agree it's a cool mix to have and I wouldn't want to change it, doing so would feel like I'm disrespecting my ancestors and their heritage(s).

• Brohoof 1

I know hardly anything about my ancestry to begin with. It doesn't seem very important. The only part I don't like is that it eventually ended up landing us in Southern United States instead of a better part of the US or even Canada. lol